-The New York Knicks 2012-2013 Season Thread-

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

3. displacedfan

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Rasheed Wallace?

lol

5. deathstar

He is learning! :up:

6. displacedfan

Bench player, I don't mind it.

[​IMG]

Going completely old school!

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

jeremy lin was a huge fuck up on both sides of the equation. on the one hand, you have dolan guaranteeing that he will sign the kid no matter what the price, yet on the other you have lin going back to the rockets and getting more money after the deal had already been agreed in principle. ultimately i think that this move really upset dolan, and he felt like lin was at that point trying to milk dolan for as much as possible. certainly not something we as average joes would hold against jeremy, but dolan is a different animal. he owns one of the biggst media conglomerates in the country, and as such has a huge amount of influence. his ego is so inflated that anything he can take as a slight will not be taken lightly. i really was upset with the decision to not sign lin, regardless of the circumstances. he was a guy who worked his ass of, then came into a team that needed a spark and provided it tenfold. while it is entirely possible that the league figures out that he cant go to the left and has a propensity for losing control as he drives into the paint, it is also possible that he learns to switch hands and control the ball effectively. he seemed to have an inherent knowledge of the court and came up big in a couple of moments. the moments werent 'big' moments but they at least showed that he had potential.

im not unhappy with felton, who i think will have a great year playing with a chip on his shoulder. and lets face it, the man really wants to be in ny. whatever it says about him for phoning it in elsewhere, he played his hardest as a knick. even with all of that, i feel like lin was a prospect the team could have grown with and gained a lot of success. well just have to hope that felton can elevate his game to at least the level he was at in his first stint as a knick.

and our front court right now is scary. defense is the focus of this team and if these guys can stay healthy in a rotation until the postseason, we can expect good thigns from this team.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

People will see Jeremy Lin, is not that nice this year... lol @ him guarding russel westbrook, ty lawson, tony parker, chris paul, austin rivers even. lolol

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Thinking of dropping Lin from my Twitter feed, only because I'm so irritated he's in camp with Houston and not us. Fucking Dolan.

10. displacedfan

It's not the guarding that is the problem. Making up for PG defensive abilities isn't too difficult if you have a big guy down low. It's the offense and the flow he provided.

I am excited to see how J Kidd can lead this team and I think I read Felton is going to be playing more 2 guard? Melo said the times for him to drop 30 are over, he needs to make the team better. THey are saying all the right things.

Will see if it helps. I do like having an experienced bench. If we get to the playoffs (we need no injuries) we can do some damage on most matchups.

We have the ability to go small ball which I like a lot. Throwing Melo in the 4 is an advantage 70-80% of the teams we play.

11. displacedfan

Steve Novak caught fire the preseason game, going 7-7 from 3. JR Smith was effective that game.

This game, Knick backups vs Celtics backups in a serious battle. Hartford is going crazy for it being a preseason game. Benches going crazy too.

12. displacedfan

13. displacedfan

Nate Taylor ‏@ByNateTaylor
    MRI on Amar'e revealed a ruptured popliteal syst. He will be out 2-3 weeks, thus missing the season opener.

Well, that's frustrating. Last time Amare has been 100% for the Knicks is probably game 1 against the Celtics in 2011 playoffs.

14. deathstar

lol Amare already hurt.

15. deathstar

Looks like Josh Harrellson is going to make the Heat roster...

Great pickup by us...

Thanks!

16. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Amare is so fucking useless. $100 million for nothing.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Don't worry about Stat. We played better when he was out last season. This is Melo's team.

18. displacedfan

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And the bad luck continues. Chandler has a bruised bone in his knee. Not sure if he'll be ready for the opener. That hurts us way more than Stat being out. Why do the knicks always have to have such terrible luck with this stuff??? For once I'd like to see our team at full strength. Just ONCE! Is that too much to ask?

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think you got it reversed I think Kidd is going to play more 2 with Felton at point