The New York Jets Select...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 24, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm not insulting you, I want you to understand the information provided to you and for you to understand the difference in the players were are comparing, but you just want to try and one up me and you are absolutely awful. See, here is where we have a difference, I don't want a hybrid player that is at best average in the free safety department. Jets need a true center field safety that has the range, and ball hawking ability down the field to avoid the big passes and that is not Landon Collins.

The reason he played less FS, is because he is not a center field center, he is bad at it. 37% of the snaps is not what the Jets are looking for.

Enjoy the draft and let this be.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to 1 up you at all collins is irrelevant. i just have happened to watch him play (i watch 6-8 games every weekend. NFL package but always the giants and jets games and then whatever other ones look good) and i'm a big fan of his play. I'd love to have him on the jets. that hybrid player that's at best average as you call it was RUNNER UP FOR DPOTY. you don't get that from being average. again you haven't watch collins making huge plays 40-50 yards down the field. he practically shut down jordan reed last year one of the best receiving TEs in the NFL.

anyway again collins is irrelevant, your argument was that no good FS is ever drafted after the 1st round, I've proved that wrong with weddle, rhodes, byrd all 2nd round and later with multiple pro bowls and even sharper (top 5 all time and HOF) plus guys like eugine robinson (undrafted 3 time pro bowl 2 times all pro NFL INT leader in 1993)

3. 101GangGreen101

Landon Collins is a good player, but guess what? He's not a Jet, so get over it. He's not a true center field safety that will take away the deep ball. He is versatile, great in the box, very good coverage wise short and medium passes.

Quote me saying, "No good FS was drafted after the first round". Here is what I said:

"Look at the history of the draft and the best free safeties were taken in the first round, not in the later rounds. Look at the best in the league:"

I gave you Eric Berry, and some other players. This league has changed, that's why I gave you those players due to relevance, this is a passing league where the rules have changed considerably.

Move on.

Pags2112 likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

it's a pointless blanket statement. any position you look at about half of them were 1st rounders (if not more) and the other half later. it's clearly obvious more good players come out of the 1st round then the rest of the rounds. That doesn't mean you can't find a gem elsewhere. You like hooker i get it, listen I like him too and think he'll be a good player for whoever drafts him, I just don't want to see him drafted to us at 6 overall. i want a player who will touch the ball more then 10 times a season. a FS isn't going to fix shit for us right now

Pags2112 likes this.
  5. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

The only way I select Taco at #1 is in a value meal at Taco Bell. IMO, he's not a 1st rounder, more like low 2nd high 3rd rounds. Great value during the 4th round.

6. 101GangGreen101

Oh so now it's about other positions? OK man. Watch Eric Berry vs the Falcons and tell me differently, we need that sort of impact on this roster. Now you just sound like the offensive only guys. Enjoy the draft this discussion is over.

7. GasedAndConfused

LMAO there is always someone who loves a player and thinks it's the only option. I'm bookmarking this to laugh at you later on in the season :)

8. GasedAndConfused

well they jets just took a similar player to collins so there is that.

9. 101GangGreen101

Adams is better in coverage and a culture changer.

WELCOME ADAMS!

LAJet likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

LMAO just no. he's better in the box but can play some centerfield and cover at times as well. he's very much a hybrid and the same type of player as collins is

here i'll even do the copy paste for you
    Interchangeable safety with a sheriff's mentality. Adams is a physical tone-setter who should thrive near the line of scrimmage or in a robber role. Should be a commanding presence in the locker room early on and his do-as-I-do play demeanor could be the catalyst for turning a struggling defense around quickly.

LAJet likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Watch Adams shutdown Evan Engram - TE on draftbreadown, Collins never did that. I want Adams playing short to the intermediate field, in the box and once in a while you let him play deep.

Jets still need a full time free safety to maximize Adams potential.

12. GasedAndConfused

no collins only shut down jordan reed on the NFL level. adams isn't gonna do shit to shut down gronk and with our luck howard when the bills take him

13. GasedAndConfused

and nobody wants hooker. he keeps falling and all the QBs are going high like i said they would. as unpredictable as the draft is, some trends are always there like teams reaching for QBs and not wanting to spend high picks on TEs and safeties. howard is falling too and people wanted us to take him at 6