The New England Shenanigans/Miracles thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Agreed but we can blame the fans for acting like spoiled assholes. The fact they have had the success they do and still have an "us against the world, we are so hard done by" attitude is fucking ridiculous. As has been pointed out, there is an entire generation of fans that know nothing but success. reality will hit them like a brick.
    As for the refs, i suspect league office instructs them to err on the side of a few specific teams when the call is tight. It happens in the NBA and the NHL as well and is not simply an NFL problem. Once they have a couple years of mediocrity and the bandwagon unloads a few million people and the p*ts will be replaced on that list.
    Nonetheless i do begrudgingly admit that Beli is the GOAT as far as coaching is concerned and the sustained success is due to that and falling ass backwards into an all time QB.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Oh I live in New England, you don't have to tell me, they are spoiled assholes. But consider how sad and pathetic it is that so many people's sense of self worth is bound up in the reflective success of a bunch of athletes they have nothing to do with. I just can't go down that path. It's not my fault the Jets are a joke and I'm not responsible for it.

3. You couldn't be more right.

I wish i had the same restraint you do. The fighter in me just can't stand it..esp w. their ridiculous excuses & deflection of all their controversies.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Now that makes more sense to me. You want the players you dislike to lose not go out on injury.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  5. Jets_Grinch

I agree it's very pathetic. Pro sports are an escape, for a few hours on Sunday i am 100% guilty of the above. When the game is over it's back to the real world. A particularly bad loss might take 20 minutes to cool down and a bigger win i might carry a little extra "pep in my step' for a day or so. But when it's the middle of June and a Pats fan starts laying into me because i'm wearing a Jets hat it says a lot more about him then it does me.

#45 Jets_Grinch, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    dogg, Patriot and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. Patriot

If I see someone with a Jets, Browns, or any other suffering franchise hat, the last thing I would want to do is give them a hard time. My reaction would be you are a true and loyal fan.

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The most annoying Pats fans are the ones who act like they're smarter than other fans because Belichick is smarter than the other coaches. Actually it's the opposite because they don't think about how to improve the team, they just trust everything Belichick does.

8. Patriot

The most annoying of those folks you mention are the Boston media who Belichick has no respect for. To be honest I actually get a kick watching Belichick interviews with the media. He treats them like crap and they should be treated this way. They are the ones who think they know it all and when fans try to bring up a concern they dismiss it.

Maybe what makes BB so good is when he does make a mistake, he realizes it and doesn't continue trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Perhaps this is advice we can all follow in our lives especially me. There have been times in my life when there was a little voice telling me I was going about it all wrong, but my stupid ego wouldn't listen. Learning from your mistakes and not repeating them probably gives Belichick the edge since he has been in the business for over 40 years.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

“It is no different than a a WR who is touch as he jumps, then falls and separates from the defender and rolls to the ground to complete possession is done due to the initial touch.” This is a really stupid comment. It is completely different than a WR who is touched and then falls down. It’s the same play as Lewis fumbling it in reverse. Lewis started to fumble BEFORE he was down, and Jack didn’t complete the recovery until AFTER he was not in contact with Lewis. If you watch it, it’s fucking clear as day.

It’s useless to argue, because you will only see it through the eyes of a Pats fan, but he was not down by contact when he recovered that fumble. He ripped the ball out. (Footballs are harder to hold onto when they aren’t half deflated) and then he rolled over and recovered it AFTER he stopped being contacted by Lewis. That is not down by contact and never will be. You just admitted it, you just don’t know the fucking rules.

If it was close in any way, why would the ref be so quick to blow the whistle? Isn’t it convenient that a down by contact whistle is not reviewable?

As for the PI call since when is “riding out of bounds” PI? I don’t even know what that is. They called it because there was mutual hand fighting. It was ticky tack and I can show you hundreds of NFL plays this year where similar things happened, and it wasn’t whistled.

10. Patriot

Here is the Lewis fumble with Jack picture.

[​IMG]

Lewis is on the ground here and he clearly has the ball. He should have been ruled down with possession, but I know your argument will be he didn't have possession.

When Jack removes the ball away from Lewis both are down. Lewis is down because of his hip and Jack is down due his knee. They are both touching each other on the ground, so even if you reward the ball to Jack, he is clearly down and touched. Or else how does he remove the ball without being touched by Lewis and being down?

So here is the picture and please explain why I am wrong here?

#50 Patriot, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brady is on the ground here and clearly has Gronkowski's balls, but I know your argument will be he doesn't have possession.

Gronkowski is lying down on his hip because of Brady due to his hand. They are both touching each other on the ground, so even if you reward his balls to Brady, he is clearly down and being touched. Or else how does he move his balls without being touched by Brady and being down?

So here is the picture and please explain why I am wrong here?

[​IMG]

FJF, matt robinson 17 and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He doesn't have possession

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

All we can hope Joe is Tommy and the Retard are happy together!

joe likes this.
  14. Jets_Grinch

The ball was still moving from him initially losing it. He has not regained possession. He cannot be "down by contact" until he has possesion. I think they refs were right and got lucky but they should have allowed it to go to replay, not blown the early whistle.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. Patriot

The play did go to replay due to the loss of possession. But I assume you are referring to whether Jack himself after gaining possession was down. If the official blowing the whistle sees the play clearly in front of him, he should blow the whistle. Otherwise why have an official on the field at all?

I have looked at the video many times and its not clear whether Lewis when he is on the ground has possession of the ball. The call on the field was he didn't so under the idea there is no strong evidence to overturn I would agree with the fumble call. Besides if Lewis had not allowed the ball to be jarred we wouldn't be talking about it.

As to whether Jack was down himself, I am glad we both agree on this. So in the long run the officials got it right. Patriot fans are pissed because they think Lewis regained possession. Patriot haters are pissed because they thought Jack should have been able to extend the play. And being an NFL official is not such an easy job.

16. bartscott

As anyone who has watched any amount of football, you can’t say Lewis didn’t fumble, that still shot means nothing. You can see the ball coming out before his knee hit. No-one (except you apparently) said he didn’t fumble. It’s not my argument it’s the fucking rules of the NFL.

What is your take on the Sefarian-Jenkins play against the Pats? If you are saying Lewis didn’t fumble then no was ASJ did.

If you take of your Pat colored glasses, there is no way you can say the ref should have blown that play dead. Watch the play.

One penalty on special teams the entire game. I know the narrative. “It’s Belichick. His teams don’t commit penalties.” They said the same thing about the Pats not fumbling. Then we found out they fucking cheated and made the balls easier to hold onto. Guess where the Pats are with fumbles since deflate gate? They are in the bottom third of the league.

I don’t know exactly what is going on, but where there’s smoke, there’s fire. When you’ve got Esiason making comments about it post game, then it’s not just sour grapes. Kraft and Belichick have made it clear they will do whatever it takes to win.

Maybe someday we’ll find out. Like the bank robbers who pull off the perfect heist, but then start fighting over who gets the larger share, there appears to be chinks in the armor. Hopefully this is the last year I’ll have to see Krafts pudgy fucked up face at the Super Bowl.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Can someone in NE update Kraft about his Asshole Collar?
    https://mjacksonw.com/the-asshole-collar-a-first-glance-approach-to-the-no-asshole-rule-f0833b1b8e0f

If we have to see his creepy mug on TV, it wouldn't be as bad if his Mommy could update his wardrobe by about 30 years.
    [​IMG]

#57 NY Jets68, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    bartscott likes this.
  18. Jets_Grinch

Your assumption is correct however with the play going automatically to replay they should err on the side of caution and let the play continue. The refs having been doing this for two years (at least) with scoring plays and the same should happen here, at this point. Personally I would like to see the emphasis taken off replay and start letting the refs on the field call it. Example: time limit on the time they have under the hood. Until this changes the same standards they use with scoring going to replay should be the same for turnovers. Had the ref been wrong and jack was not touched then they blew the whistle early and cost the Jags 7.

19. bartscott

Haha. It’s like the rich white guy version of the lower back tattoo. The tramp stamp. They were cool for five minutes in the late ‘90s. Now chicks in their late thirties are stuck with them.

Kraft can change his shirt though. He just still thinks he looks cool.

20. Patriot

You obviously didn't pay attention to what I said. I said an argument could be made Lewis didn't fumble the ball but due to not enough evidence I agreed with the call of the fumble. If you watch the game video, even Romo who was routing for the Jags asks whether Lewis regained possession momentarily.

On the Sefarian-Jenkins play against the Pats;
    I have stated in previous posts that the rule is stupid. The Jets should have maintained possession and had the ball in the 1/2 yard line. Fumbling in the end zone and then out of bounds should not lead to loss of possession.

As to Patriot colored glasses, sure I am a Pats fan and I probably do have that shade.

But your glasses appear to be sour purple grape ones. The fact you can't give credit to the Patriots for winning the game and bring up the refs or deflated balls sort of gives it away. The Jags had plenty of chances to put the game away and they didn't. Did they get some possible bad calls from the refs, probably. But they knocked out Gronk and they couldn't stop the Italian Stallion Amendola with all the great cornerbacks they had. The Jags offense at the end played not to lose and the Pats like the Champions they are seized the moment. That's what champions do.

As for Kraft not appearing in any Super Bowls, remember he has a son just Al Davis did. Maybe your right and this is the end of the Patriot dynasty for now. Nothing lasts forever and this has been one hell of a ride. So why not focus on a Jet dynasty instead of being obsessed over the Patriot one?