The Mock Season You've All Been Dreaming Of!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jasonjets, Feb 19, 2007.

1. walter

walter New Member

I really like this off-season that you have come up with.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Oh yea, I didn't like the Stevens signing either. I hate watch that guy play.

3. All Star

All Star Active Member

Am I reading that right? Keeping Eric Barton to be a backup OLB at 3+ million a year?

Also, have you watched Stevens play at all last year? He drops more passes than he catches, and can't block.....

4. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Ok I am going to make some adjustments to the original post, because this is "The draft you've all been dreaming of," so I have to fufill your dreams.

5. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Yes, Barton was very valuable this year and you need as many LB's as you can get in a 3-4. God forbid Vilma or Hobson go down, we would need someone like Barton to step up, I wouldn't feel comforatable with someone like Brad Kassell starting. Also Moses may not be ready right away, considering he has never played OLB and he is rookie, so Barton should be valuable there.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I do like the draft and dont mind too many of those FA signings but Not ONE DT/NT in that entire draft or FA? DeWayne CANNOT play DT and we cant trust Mosley and especially Pouha heading in for that very important spot for our D.

7. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

There really are not many talented NT in this draft or FA that would come in immediatley and do better than Robertson. I think Robertson definitely improved at the 2nd half of last season, and should have another chance to go at it. Robertson ACTUALLY has very good size for a NT, especially if he can add another 10 or so pounds. I think we should go in the route of getting a 3-4 DE at opposed to a NT this off season because there are many more talented DE than NT's this year and it would make a much bigger improvement. I think someone like Coleman over Von Oelhoffen would be a MUCH bigger improvement than someone like Stanley Doughty (or horrible fat piece of nothing) over DeWayne Robertson.

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I like it a lot JJ, very well thought out. Also the Chris Houston pick is one of the few picks at CB that I'd really like, physical type guy. Moses is obviously a great selection, and some solid guys taken the rest of the way.

9. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

I really like the adjustments you made. To appease the NT enthusiasts, I believe Keith Traylor is a FA. Although he is old, he would be a nice backup NT who could spell DRob on occasion and on sure running downs push DRob over to DE.