the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

That was Rex. Or wasn't he the head coach and basically D Coordinator. Stop covering for that fuck head already.

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I'm not covering for rex... Gun needs to have billets to be fired. I can point out of all idziks mishaps. Still waiting for to point out any positives he had .

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The plan was there. To rebuild the team and not overspend the entire cap on a few players. I also liked what he did re-signing good vets like Cumberland, Pace, etc and bringing in good vets like Babin. But like a few of you said last year even good moves on paper like Patterson didn't work out. The Patterson move got few complaints until the guy showed his true colors.

4. chris5533

So fundamentally you like the plan, but you have to admit he was the wrong guy to pull it off.. He had no experiance as a gm, no real experiance as a scout.. He was 12th man on any executive team he was n.. the task was way to daunting for him. In turn he fucked things up good and wasted allot of draft picks... To be really serious it's crazybwhat balls idzik had to try this. The only guys that top to bottom have ever overhauled like thst are jimmy johndon, parcells and belicheck.. Not for an amateur like him to try and pull off.

#944 chris5533, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is that there was only one legit reason for our clueless owner to fire Idzik. The presser which was an embarrassment and showed me he couldn't handle the vultures in the NY press. As for his personnel moves and drafts they were inconclusive. But some Jets fans had to have someone they hated to pin it all on. And basically they listened to a couple of idiots: Mehta, Cimini, etc. I shed no tears for Idzik. But there is no way he had time to prove his incompetency. Jim Kensil did in the '80's and the Jets were a bad org partially due to him.

6. chris5533

Thank god for rookie contracts and free agency.. The damage idzik did won't be long lasting.. His press confrence was a microcosim of the job he did... It didn't get him fired, Mehta and cimini are usless.. I have to believe woody was probably going to do it anyway, but the press confrence affirmed it.

TNJet likes this.
  7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned you haven't shown me that Idzik was a buffoon and basically fucked up the Jets. As far as I'm concerned it's all anger and no substance. I can see Mac and Bowles being out the door in two years if things don't work out. And both of them deserve better. At least three years.

8. chris5533

Your still not convinced? I pointed out numerous things you just give it a pass over... Trust me, I am not angry. I was angry when that clown was making idiotic decesions and wasting 2 years of time.. I must thank you, pointing out everymoronic thing he did( while you deny it. Lol) is definetly helping pass the time.. Idzik is the gift that keeps giving? Would you like me to start over and relist his top 20 moronic things. Lol

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Some posters have given Idzik credit for the cap space we now have so we can spend a lot for free agents. Others said that it was easy to free the space and that any moron could have done it by cutting players. I don't think its that simple. If so no reason to hire capologists and lawyers. Imo if Idzik was still here he would also be spending a lot of money. No way he could sit on 50 mil or would he want to. He had about 20 to spend last year and made a number of similar moves including signing an expensive FA Wr and later trading for one, signing a Seattle OL, a corner although they cut him, a vet Qb, etc. I can see inspite what Cimini and Mehta are still saying about him and applauding Mac doing similar things.

#949 pclfan, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015