The Jets paid a premium for Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DCanadian, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Screen printed?

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Nah. Hate the fit of those. I consider myself a muscular 6’1” 235 lb person, the screen printed ones were made for twinks.

The middle tier and elite ones have some stretch which work better for me.

MeanGreenMachine88 likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

It was a joke.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I know they are shite but I asked do you think Maye is not very good, just because 5 others were poor before him does not mean he will be poor, I say 5 and not 6 because it is nobodies fault that Devin Smith got injured and then again, the man had no history for it in college.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I know. Did I have to respond with a joke?

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not typing to be a dick, but what does "paying a premium" look like in the NFL?

You pay what you feel you need to pay to get the guy you want. We have desperately needed a QB for years and years and Mac thinks he found one. He paid the price, whatever that was, to get the guy he wanted. I'm not sure what a premium is defined as in the current NFL. That's an objective statement, and one made by internet posters not in the business of making deals like this at a pro sports level. Hell, one could argue that we paid very little to ensure we got Darnold. We ended up giving away 2nd round picks and 0 first round picks to move from 6 to 3.

I just don't understand what this whole idea means nor do I understand why it even matters. If you find your guy, go get him. That'd exactly what Mac did. People may find that he paid too much but others may find that he paid very little. In the end, they got the guy they wanted.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

no I don't think Mayes is bad but my comment was a mostly jokey one in response to one that if we had had those 2nd round picks we would have only picked Defensive Line and safeties with them to say that based on past experience they would also have been bad - you are overthinking this.

8. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Lmfao twinks

9. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The trade up turned out to be a bad move obviously, but I can’t fault it too much. I think the Jets liked three QB’s in this draft and assumed QB’s would go #1 and #2 so they pulled the trigger.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Here it is. The worst post of draft weekend. We found it.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But that pattern rarely represents trading four slots for one player who remains an "if". The empty holes in the roster don't even have a chance to be filled by a draft pick with "potential" traded away.

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I was originally against the trade, but I was assuming Baker was going to fall to 6 and Darnold was going 1 or 2 at worst

Baker going 1st overall and Darnold dropping I would make that trade every time

Rosen and Allen scared the hell out of me for different reasons so for us to get 1 of my top 2 by a long shot is a huge win

13. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

The trade up was a great move we had our pick of the two maybe 3 best guys depending on whether you like Allen or Baker more