The Jets need a "sexy" offensive pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GangGreenNYJ, Feb 16, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets would have a better running game no doubt, but there's no doubt Jets would run him to the ground by running between inside 300+ times his rookie yr.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

It honestly depends on who plays QB next season. If its Hack of Petty then running 300+ would be a realistic possibility as the Jets CS would want to limit the exposure of the young QB's to mistakes, if its a vet, free agent signing, then I would think it would be less than 300.

3. 101GangGreen101

Yeah that's why I am avoiding taking a RB high right away. I am hoping a young QB is starting next season. I would like for the Jets to add a RB, MAYBE Fournette under specific circumstances in terms of who is available OTC, but I wouldn't be running to the podium to select him.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the only sexy offensive pick at 6 is QB, LT and maybe, just maybe WR. and I am not sure this draft is for any of that. its going to be very intriguing leading up to draft day that's for sure.

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

did you watch film or highlight youtube videos? the only thing williams is elite is Catch Radius aside of that he is average in other every single aspect at #6th you expect a player like AJ green Julio Jones Amari Cooper and he inst that kind of a player.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Disagree. The main reason they didn't make the SB was poor coaching. Sanchez was good enough if Rex knew how to coach and make on the field adjustments.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah he made a mistake but he's a true talent. I would take him in the 2nd if he's available.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In his first year, Sanchez was arguably the worst QB in football, and in his second, he was still below average. Whereas, Rex, for all his flaws, was a good coach at first. Before the NFL figured out his schemes, his defenses were elite, and he was a great motivator. I just don't think other coaches, Belichick aside, could have done better than Rex with Sanchez at QB. Whereas if, say, Brett Favre were still the QB in 2009 (when he took the Vikings to the NFC Championship), I think the Jets would have won the SB.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

All WRs drop passes. It doesn't mean that they don't have great hands. They can drop passes because of lack of focus or not watching the ball into their hands because they're already looking up field or worrying about a defender who's about to hit them.

IMO Williams will be another Brandon Marshall in the NFL. He high points the ball and knows how to use his body to shield defenders from the ball. He goes back for passes. He doesn't have to get a lot of separation to make the catch. He's made a ton of tough catches at Clemson this year.

In the second video clip, Williams was falling away from the pass the defender had the momentum and leverage. It would have been very difficult for the defender not to have take the ball away from Williams or any receiver on that play.

10. 101GangGreen101

Yes all WRs drop passes, but a lot of them don't drop easy slant passes in the EZ with no defender in front like the first GIF posted. I don't think he has great hands, I think they are solid, but not great. As a receiver, you cannot let a defender take the ball away from you, a while back I saw scouting reports telling me Mike Williams has the strongest hands in this draft. Not so sure that is the case. There's also concerns with his route running ability.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've seen most, if not all, of the "great" WRs in the NFL drop certain TD passes.

I think Williams has great hands, but even if not, I think they're good enough. Route running can be learned. What kind of route runner is Brandon Marshall? I've never seen it said that he was known for his route running. His QBs throw it up and he goes and gets it.

12. 101GangGreen101

Brandon Marshall is a good comparison, but I've seen TO comparisons with Corey Davis and we know who the better receiver is. Route running can be learned, no doubt but Corey Davis already does all of these things very well. I personally think Davis will be a better pro cause he has more skill-sets and better hands in my opinion, that dude catches everything. Davis had 15 drops in over 183 catches, Mike Williams had 24 in 98.