The Jets are going to be 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Of course he threw for so many yards.

The Chargers defense was so shitty that Fouts had to score lots of points to stay ahead of the other team.

I seem to remember every Charger game were like 38 to 45...

2. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I'll be optimistic and say that they beat Miami twice, split with Buffalo, split with the Cheatriots (but only if they
    have already clinched by Dec 24), beat Cleveland and beat the Rams, beat SF, even if they beat Cincinnati
    (they are deeper than some here think), that's 8 wins. That's as high as I can see them. I mean, if you are going to say 11-5, why
    not 16-0? Or at least 15-1?

Ron

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The schedule difficulty is over rated. Practically every year the Jets beat teams better than them and lose to teams that are worse. Anything can happen, on any given day. I still give them 8-9 wins for that reason. It's not because I fear the good teams. It's because you know the Jets will blow a couple bad ones that they have no business losing.

Altoona, Walt White and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Air Coryell....

Right? I'm not 100% sure

5. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Yes. Air Coryell was the name of the scheme the Chargers used.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Right. Okay. I didn't remember if it was with Fouts tho. You refreshed my memory.:)

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

With the addition of a playmaking Forte, the return of a pass catching TE in Amaro along with the likes of Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Decker, Powell & Enenuwa all returning for another season within the same offensive system under Chan Gailey; I can easily see a much more productive/efficient offense with a lot more chemistry & cohesion when compared to last year's display.

With an improved overall offense combined with an absolute dominant defense I can see a 12 win team this up coming season.

I can also see us having a better focus against Buffalo while taking revenge out on the Bills for eliminating us from playoff contention last year. Just because Buffalo had our number over the past two seasons doesn't mean we can't sweep them here in 2016. I fully expect a sweep over Buffalo as a much more balanced team.

It all starts week 1 against the Bengals. We beat Cincinnati & in return we'll end up contending.

VS Bengals: Win.
    @ Buffalo: Win.
    @ Kansas City: Win.
    VS Seattle: Loss.

You can even switch those KC/Seattle games but nonetheless starting off 3-1 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

@ Pittsburgh: Win.
    @ Arizona: Loss.
    VS Ravens: Win.
    @ Cleveland: Win.

You can switch those Pitt/Arizona games but we have the type of defense that can lead us to a 3-1 stretch here.

@ Miami: Win.
    VS Rams: Win.
    VS Patriots: Win.
    VS Colts: Loss.

I like our chances of going 3-1 here. Especially with an upset over NE @ home.

@ San Francisco: Win.
    VS Miami: Win.
    @ New England: Loss.
    VS Bills: Win.

Take care of two divisional opponents and don't miss the bus on the west coast and I can see another 3-1 stretch right there.

In order to go 12-4 I'd say it's safe to say we need to not only win our 1st game vs the Bengals but also dominate our division by going 5-1 with sweeps over Miami/Buffalo & splitting with NE.

That leaves 9 remaining games to go 6-3. Which I believe we have the type of dominant defense/balanced offense needed In order to do so.

8. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

In general I agree with that, but the situation here does not involve a good QB. Take a look at the games lost last year
    and Fitzpatrick's performance in them. He doesn't do well against good pass defensive teams, and he is, as far as I
    can see, a somewhat better Geno. He's going to get crushed on the road against Pitt, NE, Buf etc.
    The Jets being the Jets may or may not be true anymore, I think this coach is the
    type to end that (a result of hot air filled players and no discipline). What I would like to have seen is the Jets
    not resigning Geno, instead signing 2 qbs from the draft and just let them all fight it out to find the best. So what
    if the record isn't that good, last year's record wasn't that good either, it just seems that way compared to the previous
    couple of years. Seeing how Bowles sifts the wheat from the chaff to get his guys playing his way and getting rid of
    dead weight from the previous administration would be entertaining enough for me, especially if results in a great team
    for the future. Instead you are hoping for a barely-squeaking-into-the-playoffs season and then still no QB for the
    future.

Ron

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We would be lucky as all hell to go through our games 4 through 8 stretch 3-1 we NEVER win in Pittsburgh and have we ever even beaten the Ravens oh yea ok once in 1997 ... heck even the Browns will be tough. we probably go 1 and 3 but I do think we could start 3-1 easily. I do think we can end the season 6-2 and finish with 10 wins.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep. They were a really fun team to watch.

His passing schemes set numerous records in the early 80's.

The pass plays really opened up the run.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Aren't you the guy who played the game?

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dan Fouts is quite a douchbag

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U have to be a sadist for posting this thread since now everybody who reads it is jumping joy thinking U know something they do not know. Then whammo comes Jam 2018 the NYJs again will be outside the POs looking in & became totally depressed if they remember this thread. I have altready saved it for 01/04/18 to come back to me & review the postings in this thread :mad:

Bill Belichdouche and Jets69 like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this thread was made before the 2016 season. not sure why you would bookmark it for 2018.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Haha, champ is the best. We should all bask in his Miserable glory. :mad::mad::mad:

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Buffalo rooster.

18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Did you bump this because the Jets now have 11 wins since you started the thread?

Sam Hammer, FJF, themorey and 2 others like this.