The Idzik debris field aka: 2 years of DP's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jul 15, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I like how McDougle has exactly 1 tackle to his credit in the NFL.

The next pick was Gabe Jackson

tomdeb likes this.
  2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

All are drafts pretty much suck not just idzik its why we suck

FJF likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That 2014 draft has been a big one for the rest of the league. Lots of talented players coming into their own from that year. We got a safety who couldn't cover, a TE who couldn't block, a CB who was damaged goods and way too many crappy late round picks. Since seemingly everyone else is enjoying the shot in the arm from that year and we aren't, it's definetely a reason were at the bottom of the standings

themorey likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No. I don't know who it is, but that isn't Geno's face.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

our - possessive pronoun

are - verb, form of be

its - possessive pronoun

it's - contraction of it is

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Seriously nothing gets accomplished by harping on the failings and short coming s of previous regimes. Why are we still ruing over this? If Fitz had any semblance of a repeat performance from 2015 , it may well have been a entirely different situation, imo.

Each year brings new hope and promise - I feel pretty good about the make up of this team + the quality of the assistant coaches.

Jets will surprise a lot of naysayers. Forget the BS of these so called experts

themorey likes this.
  7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

NFL talent evaluation is a tough, for all the oft-cited reasons on this board. Still, the Jets have been historically great at picking evaluators who are not the best at picking great talent, and Idzik fits well in that trend. Knowing what's wrong is the first step in fixing a problem, but it's a fair cry from getting things right. Let's hope that Mac and his team fare better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walt White and Jetaho like this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm intrigued to know who he tackled. Halon Marshall? Chan Gailey?

9. Any conviction bradway ever had when the team actually listened was an utter failure.Dexter Mcdougle,Jalen Saunders,Dewayne Robertson trade up..it never went well.The only thing he was ever right about was "liking" Russell Wilson,Charlie Whitehurst & Kris Jenkins(when Carolina selected him right in front of us);Disliking Vernon Gholston being overruled by Mangini.

The first thing Idzik did upon being hired was appoint Bradway to take charge of the draft.The results speak for themselves.Absolute disaster

themorey and FJF like this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's just a kid who fell asleep during the draft when the Jets were on the board and the Jets selected Boyd. That's all there is to it, but it's timeless.

11. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

In his defense the 2013 draft was one of the worst in recent memory. Look at the Top 3 that year:

#1-Eric Fisher
    #2-Luke Joekel
    #3-Dion Jordan

2014 on the other hand was a loaded draft, and he had a ton of ammunition (12 picks). I remember being absolutely puzzled that he stood pat and actually drafted 12 players (zero chance that 12 draft picks are going to make the roster). The fact that he completely missed on 11/12 picks is shocking.

Ray Farmer from the Browns could probably give Idzik a run for his money that year (Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel in Rd 1)

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I certainly don't pretend I am an expert come draft time and complain about picks, but the Milliner pick was so obviously awful at the moment I lost faith in Idzik right then. Not only was he so slight in build as to question his ability to physically endure the NFL, he was also injury prone to begin with. Only an absolute fool would have drafted him there.

Then add in the fact that you traded Revis and Milliner would be expected to fill his role, an absolutely no win situation for him, and just philosophically the Jets should have not touched any DB in the first round, nevertheless Milliner. That to me propels him ahead of the Kyle Brady and Gholston picks as the worst picks I can recall. F You, Idzik.

Walt White likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

+1. I hated that pick, and the whole thing, from jump street. Easy to say now, but I did. That guy didn't even know enough to turn guys to the inside in pursuit, on D or ST. Couldn't grasp basic fundamentals.