The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno Smith 2013 highlights. He's capable of doing a little bit of everything. If he puts it together he could be a really good QB.

[YOUTUBE]83IB4S76BI8[/YOUTUBE]

2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Not true. Smith got pulled off an airplane, so he's clearly a terrible human being and a bigger bust than Thomas, D-Slob, Gholston, etc.

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we can't have our QB's being human, fuck that shit! they need to be robots studying film and working out 24/7! :breakdance:

we'll see where he is come the summer and take it from there.

4. The 1985er

Is this sarcasm or are you serious?

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

You mean like SB bound Peyton. Nothing bad ever came from being dedicated to your job, especially when you have such a short window of a career. If Sanchez would have been more dedicated we wouldn't be burdened with this dipshit Smith.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea, because peyton does nothing but study and all the comercials he shoots and s.n.l. appearances are just digital projections of him.

please show any proof, not opinions based on perforamnce,but hard proof that geno or mark study less than any other qb in the league and you are not just talking out of you ass

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Watching the highlight video, we ran Geno a lot inside the RZ. Kind of surprised to see that, I just kind of forgot how often we did it.

8. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

I don't recall Peyton being plastered all over TV or on GQ covers when he went 3-13 his rookie year. And all his shoots he does in the off-season, after being a perennial pro-bowler and a hall of fame lock for years now. How you're even trying to compare the two is embarrassing.

All I hear from teammates is how much Peyton and Brady and Brees and Rodgers are excellent students in the classroom. The film work they do is tremendous. No one works harder than they do. Have you heard that once out of anyone on the JETS about Captain Headband or Geno? Nope.

9. The 1985er

Bum QB's study hard too. They don't have the physical tools and brains that the elite QB's have. It's that simple.

10. FJF

this is how conversation breakdown. where did i compare peyton to geno or mark. the poster i quoted implied peyton does nothing but study football and stated that geno and mark are not dedicated enough.
    i showed an example of peyton having other interests and ask for proof of mark and geno's lack of dedication. but the fact is neither of them have had the work ethics questioned.

11. TonyMaC

a minor indiscretion isn't a cause for calling a QB a bum is my point. Smith should be working hard, and I believe that he has been.

while we'd like to think these guys are spending time doing nothing but practicing they actually can't and don't and sometimes our expectations are tad bit hyperbolic.

high standards are good and well but even with those concessions have to be given. once again we'll see how he is pin the warmer months and let THAT speak for itself.

12. TonyMaC

most rushing TD's in the league for a QB with 6.(tied with newton)

wouldn't be shocked to see that number go a bit higher next year.

13. The 1985er

I don't want the coaching staff to start over doing it with the running plays.

14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Sarcasm.

Agreed. To expound a bit, Smith's a 23 year-old kid. As with a lot of kids (and adults) in this day and age, acting like an adult, much less a professional, doesn't come easy. Is this a screw up? Sure, but it doesn't really impact his ability to be a quarterback, and it's not a damning mark on his personality.

All this tells me is that he's got a lot of growing up to do.

We shall see. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Smith brings.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to see that number come down. I would much rather he pass for redzone TDs than run for them. He's not a running QB, he's a throwing QB who runs when a play breaks down, but he doesn't look like a true natural runner. Let running backs score it on the ground, would much rather he get red zone targets to throw to.

_

16. FJF

good post, i 100% agree with you on this

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think it was something the Jets used to help them this year just because they didn't really have a RZ target. Hopefully, like you said, that number comes down because they are passing it more or get a more reliable run game. It's definitely something to keep a defense off balance next year

18. JStokes

I also think the designed runs need to come down. That first one they run early in the game is fine, the naked bootleg running to the left. He does that too often and he's going to get crunched. It's not worth it more than once a game to keep the defense honest.

_

19. TonyMaC

agreed, though most of it seems to be improvisation, not by coach design.

score anyway he can I say, if thats the opportunity present go for it. he's not the best running QB and should probably be more like a rodgers or luck in terms of willingness to take it and go, but he's got some moves, ESPECIALLY with the end zone in sight. but then his actions might have been a symptom of lacking targets or insecurity of ball placement.

20. JStokes

Well of course score anyway you can, but if I had my druthers he'd be throwing the ball or allowing some bruising running backs take it in on the ground.

_