The Gang Green.com Poster Award Rules and Regulations

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Gang Green Poster Award Rules and Regulations:

1. Please take this seriously. I put a lot of time and effort into this.

2. Try to nominate only one person, if you want to make a list of other candidates you think also should recieve this award, make sure it is separate from your nomination.

3. If you notice that there are multiple nominations for a single poster, try to nominate someone else for a better variety of nominees.

4. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF!!!! However, you can vote for yourself.

5. Post that are unclear will be skipped over.

6. When voting begins, the thread will be open to discussion, but do not make it into a slugfest.

7. Do not complain to me if you are nominated for an award you don't want. It's not my fault, it's your fault.

8. Do not spam the awards with useless junk.

I think these are generally simple rules, but make sure you follow them, or I won't count your nomination.

#1 twinjetfan, Jan 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  2. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Here is another rule:

Can not nominate banned posters.

Just wanted to clear some confusion.

3. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Can we also weed out nominations that eithher don't stand a chance, or make no sense? Just so we don't have 10 nominations per award...

4. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Yeah, that is what I usually do. I skip over nominations that I think don't make sense. And if I get over 10 nominations for an award, I take the one with most nominations.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That strategy completely contradicts this:

I think a much fairer strategy would be to have a runoff for cases where there are more than 10 "sensible" nominations.

6. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Maybe next year you guys should have a "Primary Election" phase with all the nominees regardless of number, then you take the top 3 vote getters and run a new poll. This way all the wasted votes of 1 or 2 for a person that didn't win can go to determine the TRUE winner again.

7. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

^Thats not a bad suggestion. That would cut out a lot of the crap. I'm thinking of scrapping these awards, and start from scratch.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hey twin, I was part of the whole mess the past few days, and I just want to apologize to you directly. If I ruined this for you, it was far from my intent.

You did a great job, and if I shit on your front porch, I'm sorry, I'll clean it up.