The end of Francesa

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think his last show was last week.

Post some Francesa videos/memories.

I've barely listened in the last 10 years, but when I was growing up, I used to listen to Mike and the Mad Dog.

some more recent Francesa videos:

(you can just watch the last 20 seconds)

HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Francesa rant regarding John Idzik and the Jets

3. grkmanga31

Francesa owning callers regarding deflategate

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

what a dorkshow

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

6. grkmanga31

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Some of the best ones I had bookmarked got taken down by YouTube. I think they were the YES Network ones. My favorite one though was the one with the highway car chase. DIS IS BIZZAW:

TommyJ likes this.
  8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I don't think he's really retired, he has been giving his picks on the Bill Simmons podcast. IN DA LEAGUE WHERE DEY PLAY FAH PAY. Did you see what he picked for Week 16? He went 1-4, his picks were awful. He had Atlanter+6 and they lost by 10, Dallas -4.5 and they lost by 9. Then he lost on the Eagles but he barely covered the Titans game.

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast

Going to listen then I'm going to fade his picks.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

haha I listened a few days ago.

I found it on my own. I check every week for Bill Simmons' column. Apparently he quit writing because he hasn't put out a column in a month.

One of the times I saw Francesa's name. I listened and Francesa was wrong about almost everything (meanwhile, he patted himself on the back for numerous things he said he got right in the 2017 season). Simmons said Francesa was "hibernating".

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will give the guy props for longevity but he is a good example of how you can forget where you came from or started .I remember playing softball in Flushing Meadow park years ago and when the game ended we noticed people with a van and tables setup and they were promoting WFAN and Mike and The Mad Dog and giving away Tee Shirts and swag, I turned to my brother and said "who are these people and he said the guys on the radio who talk sports".They were not pompous back then Mike did not hangup on callers or talk over radio show guests THEY WERE HUMBLE BACK THEN ! I think many of us listened to Mike and the Mad dog when we were younger, back then the show was not good it was GREAT it was the only sports radio in town and it was excellent but again that was so many years ago. Something very sad happened along the way and we all listened and watched it happen, Mike forget how it all began maybe Chris Russo did too I don't know but at least The Mad Dog held or kept Mike in check but once Chris left it was really over for me I rarely listened or watched Mike as he was impossible to listen to with his pompous attitude and how he spoke down to many,,,,,but hey this is just how I feel Im sure others might feel differently .

alleycat9, FJF and Brook! like this.
  12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Agreed. Show turned to garbage after Mad Dog left. I rarely listened.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You spend 25 years listening to cranks, pranks and "put it in the banks" and it has an effect on you.

Francesa is lucky he got out with his sanity.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I was fishing Lido/Pt. Lookout one morning and when I came off the beach they were set up in the parking lot so I stayed and had some hot dogs. Afterwards I approached them to ask them something and Mike was a gentleman and Russo was an arrogant bitch. I wanted to bitch slap that little twerp loudmouth. Lol. Even Francesa was shaking his fat head...Mind you that's where Francesa grew up so I think he was really nice to everybody because of that. He's from the west end of LB.
    I even remember when they announced the event on the show. Russo read off the card and the idiot read snow mobile instead show mobile in the parking lot. It was like July 4th weekend or something. Francesa was like gimme that card you dumbass and then he read it.
    Must've been like 20 years ago.

#14 Walt White, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Brook! and CBG like this.
  15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

https://nypost.com/2015/08/11/when-mike-and-the-mad-dog-nearly-came-to-blows/

During 19 years on the air together, there were many bumps along the way, Russo recalled. Their first big fight came over the show’s jingle. With Francesa on vacation, Russo had them turn the jingle off, which angered Francesa, and led to them not speaking off the air for three or four months.

They also got into a heated argument over the close relationship Francesa had with Bill Parcells and Russo’s allegiance with then-Giants general manager George Young. Russo felt Francesa was giving Parcells preferential treatment when he came to coach the Jets. There were also times they were at each other’s throats, not talking at all, yet somehow pulled off hosting a radio show together without any hitches.

“We were almost doing two separate shows,” Russo recalled. “Mike would talk, I would talk, and we were so good at it we fooled everybody, for crying out loud.”

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I remember Francesa, during Luck's final season at Stanford, kept talking about "foah lettah word for Luck".

It was "suck for Luck", but Francesa kept implying it was something else. :D

Antoni likes this.
  17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Haha I remember that. Tank hated swearing. Would always scold the prank callers too. "Da children awr out of school and dere all cawling da show. Why dont you go read a book. Go feed the pawr."

TommyJ and Yisman like this.
  18. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

Antoni, i cant find that tune you sent me ages and ages ago, the spoof on mike, remember it? It was hilarious, do you still have that? please say you do.

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I found the dropbox links but they're all dead now. I think this was from like 8 years ago. The guy who did the remixes is called "Oomer". One was the Lady Gaga Telephone remix and the other was "All I do is Win". Let me see if I can find them on themikefrancesa.com message board. I think Oomer posts there.

TommyJ likes this.
  20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

oomer is an admin there

I used to post on themikefrancesa

spinoff of mikefrancesa.com. schism.