The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Only 1 popular Greek Freak in USA now

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Tens of millions? There are less than one million farm workers that are American.

About 500k dishwashers (no stats on home countries).

You get the idea. The best part is a lot of people complaining about it are white collar workers who aren't in danger.

Fact is, a lot of Americans are entitled and lazy as fuck.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm wondering what's the reaction gonna be when all those jobs DJT is pledging to bring back actually won't be done by humans. He's gonna have to cut some kind of deal with the Manufacturing sector NOT to automate those jobs. Good luck with that. Won't be able to blame the Mexicans then will they... Perhaps restrict the creation of robots? The biggest threat to American Labor is AI, not Latinos coming accross the border.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You can't hate on tech though. Not when you're Tweeting 24/7. So you go to the next best thing.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Virtual Consumers. It's the obvious answer to a robotic service economy in which almost nobody makes any money unless they're a shareholder and only the insider shareholders know when to dump a stock.

The 1% are going to be the only people making any money at all in a generation. The rest of us will be eating virtual food and living in virtual spaces, and, oh yeah they already made that movie.

Coming to an America near you soon!

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Speaking for all of us 10s of millions of lazy entitled Americans I would be okay with that future.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

1.175M farm workers are legal residents according to Dept. of Labor
    1.878M Stock Clerks
    .507M Dishwashers
    2.441M Laborers, freight, stock and material handlers

No way to tell how many of the others are legal or illegal but certainly at least 80% would be a good guess. That's over 6M there but you forgot

1.167M Landscaping and grounds keepers
    11.697M in all restaurant, food service, hotel maids, etc.

Point being, the jobs you say no Americans want to do, millions of Americans are doing and if there were less illegals taking those jobs more Americans would be working and the pay would most probably go up.

Oh wait, did we forget construction? Millions of jobs there, guess illegals aren't only taking the low paying jobs.

So remind me again how millions of Americans aren't working in farms, washing dishes, stocking shelves, wrangling shopping carts. Remind me how "these are all jobs Americans consider beneath them and refuse to do in the first place".

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And the government is an enabler to that entitled culture

9. BrowningNagle

80% is guessing way too high unless you are saying 80% of people working in those fields are legal and I am misreading. I think that's closer but still high

10. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though, with the exception of most construction jobs and anything that requires you to drive a forklift, what do all of those other jobs have in common?

They're jobs for children. When did we as a society stop making our kids go out and get a shitty job that they hate as a motivational tool to do something worth a shit with their lives? I'm 33, so I'm pretty sure it's all you guys with "millennial" kids in their early 20s who made them into self entitled pricks.

There's your answer right there. Make kids work for dogshit pay and raise the penalty for knowingly hiring illegals to like 5 years in ass fuck prison.

You're welcome.

11. The Waterboy

Yes, I was saying 80% were legal. Figured that 53% of farm workers are illegal and the other jobs would be quite a bit lower.

Edit:Just found this, looks like my 80% was maybe a little too high.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e745911a4ff_story.html?utm_term=.d40d593aaa65

#1371 The Waterboy, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  12. The Waterboy

I don't disagree about making the penalties for hiring illegals extremely harsh. Unfortunately most politicians talk a tough game but then when their constituents start losing their illegal labor force, they bitch and the politicians back off.

My kids are all in their 20's and all worked those type jobs and are now well on their ways to their degrees, those jobs helped shape them and also helped them to realize getting an education was important so they wouldn't have to work those jobs all their lives.

13. FJF

It has to be tough on both sides, absolutely hammer the company that hires illegals but also hammer the illegals and the flow will stop. prison terms for being in country illegally would be a strong deterrent.

14. BrowningNagle

prison terms? is it really that much of a problem that we should put people in prison just for trying to make a better life for themselves?

15. Faux machine

Prison terms for illegals is a non-solution. How much money does it cost the taxpayers a year per inmate? The prison system is already overcrowded. Don't forget that as an inmate they will have access to free lawyers. How much money will it cost when they clog the system with all manner of appeals and asylum applicanions, etc...

16. FJF

Drug dealers are trying to make better lives for themselves too. so are theives. what is the sense of having laws on how you can enter if there is no real consequences if you break them?

17. BrowningNagle

but the punishment should fit the crime.

also, why are you saying there are no consequences for people discovered to be illegal immigrants?

18. BrowningNagle

what we should be doing is make it easier to become a legal citizen. then you'd have less illegal immigrants. Today it is a long, difficult process as anyone who has really seen someone go through it would know

19. Faux machine

You have correctly raised children. A tip of my hat to you sir.

20. FJF

Because the same people get caught multiple times. if the consequences were real the problem would be lesser and repeat offenders would be less. penalties are not just to punish the guilty but to deter the innocent from doing the same.
    And so you understand, i am the proud owner of a decent arrest record.don't think i am preaching from a holier than thou stand point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.