The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Oh me, not you?

On Jeff Sessions: "forget about aggressive protection of civil rights, and of voting rights in particular. Mr. Sessions has called the Voting Rights Act of 1965 a “piece of intrusive legislation.” Under him, the department would most likely focus less on prosecutions of minority voter suppression and more on rooting out voter fraud, that hallowed conservative myth. As a federal prosecutor, Mr. Sessions brought voter-fraud charges against three civil rights workers trying to register black voters in rural Alabama. The prosecution turned up 14 allegedly doctored ballots out of 1.7 million cast, and the jury voted to acquit."

Trump is insane.

Ron

nycarl likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Name calling. Because Republicans can't come up with a better argument against why they elect politicians who try to remove our human rights.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And selectively choosing which human rights you are okay with government removing is typical liberal hypocrisy.

Choosing to do business or refusing to do business with whoever you like is a basic human right that can only be infringed upon with artificial social laws, but government demands you can't discriminate over protected man-made classes. But civil society requires such artificial constructs to ensure fairness. You know, civil rights. I'm sure you have no qualms with such restriction of basic human freedoms, do you hypocrite, in defense of civil rights.

#43 JetBlue, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the Jeff Sessions appointment is trash but it's hard to take anything this ron guy says seriously. It was also pretty predictable.

5. Greenday4537

HAHAHAHAHAHA Holy shit, no it's not. What you do in your personal life is your business and your business only, but when you do business with the public, using anti-moral logic to discriminate against people for the color of their skin or what's between their legs or their partners legs, etc. is not a human right. You have a human right to not be discriminated against. You don't have a human right to discriminate.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sorry but this doesn't sound like freedom to me. if a business owner wants to discriminate because of beliefs isn't that his right? the government really shouldn't be involved, save for emergency services, otherwise they are deciding who's rights are more important. now we are not be governed we are being parented.

JulesWinfield89 likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If you want to discriminate on your own time that's your right. But if you're running a business on a public street and promoting your business in the public domain, you don't get to discriminate.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I owned my own business for over 10 years (Convenience Store)
    I refused service to many people over that time for several different reasons, none for race, religion etc.
    On more than one occasion the police were called and upheld my right as a business owner to refuse service.

Most of the time the assholes were regularly abusive to my employees.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

LOL

10. Greenday4537

There's no such freedom to discriminate. That's a made up right some people think they actually have. You don't ever have rights to outright harm another person (that's not self-defense).

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree with this but is this about the whole gay wedding cake thing? I don't think it's discriminating to refuse to create something you don't want to. So if I sell red cakes, of course I have to sell them to any reasonable customer willing to pay for them. When they tell me to write "GOD HATES NIGGERS" on it, I certainly shouldn't be forced by the state to do that.

abc and FJF like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

The wedding cake was like any other wedding cake except the couple was gay. The baker didn't have to write "GAY PRIDE" on the cake, he just had to do his regular job.

13. Greenday4537

Yea, but it was a gay cake.

14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

15. FJF

what i am saying is it is not a legal issue.(again,life and death situations aside) its a social issue. the consequences of discrimination in these cases are social and economical but should not include government.

16. FJF

same freedom as speech and expression.
    i feel like we look to the government to solve problems that society as a whole need to work out on their own.

17. HomeoftheJets

Would you change your mind if every business in town conspired to discriminate against you?

18. Greenday4537

You have the right to be able to speak out.

You just don't have the right to harm other people. Should be simple but because people can't discriminate, no one should apparently have rights.

19. FJF

no, i would see a market develope. people are so fast to cry about what they aren't getting but don't look at what else may be available. the government is not a parent that we run to every time things do not go our way. if a whole town is discriminating against you why are you staying there? if some guy won't sell you a slice because of your religion/color/sexual preference why do you want to give him your business? if there are enough of you being discriminated against there is a new market in that area. forcing people to do things that go against their beliefs(no matter how closed minded they may be) breeds resentment towards the groups and the government.

20. FJF

who is getting harmed? this is a private business man choosing who he sells to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.