The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And now I my health insurance has gone up so much I can’t afford bullets. Well played dems, well played

GreenGreek and stinkyB like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, he's at least 250 days late by now.

Saying things and repeating them is what he does best; actually putting together a plan and getting it rolling is not something he's proven to be capable of. But all that empty talk keeps his "supporters" happy.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

You mean take everyone's guns away? That's their pipe dream. Fixing infrastructure, on the other hand, requires an actual plan, funds, and would take decades to accomplish.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If the NRA calls a bill Pro-Gun can it really be called a gun control bill?

After months of careful negotiation, pro-gun legislation was passed through Congress on Wednesday, December 19, 2007. The National Rifle Association (NRA) worked closely with Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) to address his concerns regarding H.R. 2640, the National Instant Check System (NICS) Improvement Act. These changes make a good bill even better. The end product is a win for American gun owners.

Late yesterday, anti-gun Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA), failed to delay progress of this pro-gun measure. The Violence Policy Center, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and other gun control and gun ban groups are opposed to the passage of this legislation because of the many pro-gun improvements contained within.

Edit: Let me be clear, I am all for bills like that that attempt to make states follow the rules for the criminal background checks system. It is a big problem we currently have with multiple agencies and others not submitting info and other missteps.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

After all the tantrums from the right about Obama taking their guns away, I don't take that kind of scare-mongering seriously. When Trump presents an actual infrastructure plan and funds I'll pay attention. So far it's all talk like it's always been with him.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Those were the days before American politics went off the deep end.

7. The Waterboy

I personally think politics took that dive around 1979 when soft money started flowing in from corporations and unions. I think it was Buckley v. Valeo that was the reason for the change. Interestingly, that is when the national debt started to sky rocket.
    [​IMG]

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tax bill passed. Trump wins 2020 in a landslide. Lock it up.

Liberals everywhere outraged they have to keep more of the money they earned instead of paying it to the government. For those of you experiencing this outrage, I do have a solution for you.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsfaq/faq_gifts_to_govt.htm

Merry Christmas

p.s. - Russian Collusion is a bullshit conspiracy theory.

#4168 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

At least until property rich blue staters on the coasts try to itemize their property tax bills and mortgage interest payments.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Democrats love taxing the rich. Win, win. Or maybe they'll be more apt to vote for someone who will lower property taxes in the future.

11. Dierking

Not holding my breath. Democrats like sending their kids to well funded school districts.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I do think the elimination of the salt deductions is bullshit.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How do you explain Los Angeles public schools?

14. Dierking

to be honest, as a matter of long term public policy, in terms of disincentivizing overinvestment in real estate and reducing regional tax disparities, eliminating these deductions is probably a good thing. Short term its going to be a kick in a lot of people's balls.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Evidently the UN isn't as afraid of Trump as he'd like them to be. 128-9 against the embassy relocation.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully he stays true to his word and defunds the countries who voted no. #spendItHere

I won't hold my breath on that one, but it would be great.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

All of our closest allies plus all of our biggest enemies universally agreed that this was a stupid move.
    China, India, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Russia, England, Ireland, Italy, Germany, the rest of Europe, South America, all of the Middle East save for Israel, etc....

We've become a laughing stock internationally, and our influence around the world is waning.

another idiotic move by an idiotic president where we gain nothing but bad symbolism.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Imagine the embarrassment if the UN decided to pull out of NYC for a European or Asian location.. Probably not a bad idea on whole anyway.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Peace out homies

20. The Waterboy

So the capital of Israel is Jerusalem, The U.S. embassy is generally located in the capital, the country who's capital it is wants it there, the country who's embassy it is wants it there.

Sorry but this is one of the least important things to me as far as what's going on in the world. And a U.N. decree condemning it, we know how good those decrees work at getting something done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.