The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm saying women should have affordable control over their body. People shouldn't use money to take away other people's choices.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No it's not.

I disagree with the policy but I don't have to exaggerate to make a valid point in opposition to it.

Your position is why we have so much strife -- a lack of willingness to have honest discourse.

FJF likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Affordability is subjective, though.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My problem isn't that Pence protested, it's that he wasted taxpayer money to do it. And the vice president should be above protesting, but it's obvious that nothing's above the Trump administration. Red meat for Trump's base though. Not that they care about the flag, their "patriotism" is a front. As I've said before, it's all about the big three: power, entertainment, and pissing off liberals.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

While I agree that this was a pathetic stunt, and looks ridiculous. Is it worse than sending cabinet member to mike browns funeral. They all do dumb shit to cater to their base

6. HomeoftheJets

The difference is the amount of dumb shit the Trump administration does. Obama did a few dumb things over the course of his presidency. Trump does a few dumb things every week.

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

Don't underestimate the dumbness of the Obama admin. This country is an will reel from it for some time.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

sending someone to a funeral of a guy murdered by the police is a little different than a VP perpetuating a false narrative to create even more divide in the country. It's the EXACT reason there is protesting. This administration is a pathetic joke. We're done sugar coating the bullshit. They area racist group who are doing their best to create divide In our country. Anyone , not saying u.. but anyone who still doesn't see this or worse, refuses to see it can't be helped and its time to call them out.

9. typeOnegative13NY

Sending a member to the funeral of someone murdered by police? False narrative? No president should undermine the justice system by sending someone to a funeral and picking a side before the justice system works. He didn't murder mbrown, the courts determined that. That was a worse move than what pence did, as stupid as what pence did was.

The divide was already done by the last 3 years under Obama. As big of a buffoon trump is, he is playing off reaction from the finger pointing culture Obama created.

10. HomeoftheJets

Real dumbness from a president results in recessions and wars. The mess we're in is self-inflicted by the American people. Specifically a certain segment of them.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Rape has nothing to do with the conversation, you were stretching for something that wasn't there.

And a woman could have sex 3-4 times a week, ever week of the year and that might run $15 a month for an affordable birth control choice. Even less if she took the condom choice, then you get it down to about $6 a month. Everything in life isn't free.

12. typeOnegative13NY

That may be true, but when we're smashing out windows, burning cop cars and destroying communities and then being praised by the president for doing " great work" further promoting divide and violence that can equate to dumbness also

13. HomeoftheJets

If the radical left wingers ever put their guy in the White House (eg someone like Keith Ellison), I'll immediately shift to condemning them. But right now they have zero power in government, so I don't consider them much of a threat. I don't know if you'll argue that Obama was their guy, but Obama was not beholden to a base of far leftists. On occasion he'd make an appeal to them, but his rallies didn't feature them and his policies weren't about them. Actually a big reason Obama's electoral success didn't translate to the rest of the Democratic party was because he didn't cultivate a base.

14. typeOnegative13NY

Right now , no. But what happened has a lasting effect . I'll even say they shot themselves in the foot because they tried to use identity politics to get Hillary elected and it backfired . i disagree about Obama though, he may not have been your traditional radical, but he was known for keeping friends like Ayers etc. the movement that was birthed during his watch is quite radical also.

15. HomeoftheJets

I won't fault Hillary's use of identity politics on moral grounds because Trump was doing the same thing. The big difference was that Hillary's identity voters had less electoral power than Trump's because of demographics. Which means Hillary's strategy was stupid as far as strategies go, but that's another story. I also don't fault Trump's use of identity politics to get elected because it was a great strategy, but I absolutely fault him for using them while he's president.

While Obama had ties to radicals, he didn't let them control his administration. There's a difference between Obama associating with Ayers in his personal life and Trump letting Bannon run his campaign and part of his presidency. I'm aware of the leftist movements that happened during Obama's presidency, but once again there's a difference between having a radical movement happening under you and actively putting that movement at the forefront of your presidency.

16. typeOnegative13NY

I don't know. Whether he let them influence his administration , the last 3 years of his presidency ignited the streets of this country, a lot of it fueled by presumptuous false pretenses. And it didn't end when he left . It continues to litter the streets. It continues to smash windows and murder cops. It continues to suppress free speech and deem anyone who supports trump a nazi.

I'm not a huge trump fan, or am I a "supporter " outside of the fact that I'll root for anyone in office and my country until they turn me off(as bush did, Obama did). But from near the middle , I see the trump base and rhetoric a complete reaction to what Obama created. You can't demonize all police and hold conferences on how all white people are born with privilege and racist and not expect a reaction .

17. HomeoftheJets

I don't think Trump's base is a reaction to Obama's policies. Back in 2009, before any of the stuff you're talking about started, I clicked on comments sections on mainstream news websites and couldn't believe they were dominated by extreme right wingers. I wrote it off as a small minority of people who had nothing better to do with their lives than troll the Internet, but now it looks like they've been there all along, were too timid to express their opinions in public, and have finally emerged thanks to Trump and social media.

18. typeOnegative13NY

But does that faction make up the majority of his base, or just the part of the base that gets the attention . Both sides have their extremists , and on social media , YouTube etc you would think that's all that exists.

19. HomeoftheJets

I wonder that too. It's hard to tell because people with those views don't usually express them in public. What I know is even if they're a small part of Trump's base, they have a big influence on his presidency. Also Bannon seems to think they are a big part of Trump's base, and his advice has been on the money every time.

20. typeOnegative13NY

I don't think the extremists on either side make up the majority. They are just the loudest. I don't personally know anyone who has views that actually have them out In the streets. I just think social media is a strong tool of persuasion. I'm guilty of it myself. I watch you tube a lot. More than tv when baseball and football aren't on. I'll see something showing something I don't like and have to remind myself that social media is it's own world and can sometimes create the illusion that it's representing actual every day people , when it's really the opposite .

Dierking and HomeoftheJets like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.