The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I guess they went in there with their machine guns to make them change it

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i just assumed all trump supporters were offended by the overpriced swill.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That's how representative democracy works, unfortunately.

His voice is their voice, and he is a racist. They picked him to be their champion on their own volition after all. Unless they are speaking out against this, they can be grouped into that racist group. Yes. This includes the silent majority.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The sad thing is you lack the intellect to not know that meme doesn't make the point you think it does.

Trump supporters believing those things are offensive has zero to do with freedom of speech because they have never called to have them made illegal. There is zero hypocrisy in being offended by those things and believing nazi salutes are protected forms of expression.

That's what your kind don't grasp -- freedom means the freedom to express things that may not be agreed with. The liberals not only find nazi behavior offensive but want it outlawed. Conservatives will acknowledge things are offensive but believe they should be permitted.

5. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yes, ethnic cleansing should be banned.

7. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Gotta agree with Waterboy, you didn't read a word of that article.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You no like Fivebucks? They do make good coffee.

10. FJF

Not a fan. I get intimidated just hearing the person in front of me order, triple shot this, extra that. all I want is a medium coffee 3 cream 3 sugar for a couple of dollars

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with medium coffee 3 cream 3 sugar for 2 bucks is the only people who can afford to serve it as a job are illegal immigrants paid under the counter.

Starbucks is one of the few modern businesses that has figured out how to pay young and mid-career people a living wage. Well, in all but a few of the largest cities that is. The price for that has to come from somewhere and the customers pay it. Starbucks adds branding on top of the actual product and leverages that into a consistent sales stream.

There are huge downsides to having large corporations setting the markets for everything, such as the demise of small coffee shops and mom and pop operations. When we find a huge corporation that is actually doing ok by their employees, as Starbucks seems to be, we should be glad that somebody gets it.

12. FJF

That should have said good coffee for $2. I usually frequent the mom and pops for the green mountain brew that i pour myself. Good hot cup for a good price that goes to a small business owner rather than a corporation that "gets it".

The Waterboy likes this.
  13. JetBlue

The freedom to speak about ethnic cleansing is not the same thing as the act of ethnic cleansing.

Again, you seem to have trouble identifying and understanding differences, which is key to rational thinking. But go ahead and take a big bite out of that nice, juicy fire truck because it's red just like an apple.

The Waterboy and FJF like this.
  14. JetBlue

Or he simply didn't understand it which is more likely.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why would they be offended by the very thing they voted for?

FJF likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

I think their coffee is burnt swill. While I'm sure some locations keep their machines at the correct temperature, any time I have had no other option, it just doesn't smell like coffee to me. It also seems they use cheaper beans and over roast them which will give the impression of a robust coffee but is really burnt and bitter. Good thing they have such a strong marketing department since the majority of their customers don't go there for coffee. Just for clarity I don't consider the majority of their specialty drinks coffee.

Maybe they have improved over the last 5-10 years but I doubt it. Dunkin Donuts blows them away and it isn't even close. I'm sure some Starbucks fans will let me know I am wrong though.

FJF likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

When I lived in the Bronx, I had to take the bus to get to the train. There was a mom and pop diner right at the Pelham Bay station that had excellent coffee. One cup of coffee, a bacon, egg and cheese on a roll, to go with my newspaper for the ride to Wall St and I was good to go.

Edit: Just realized the "Cup of Coffee" thread is right below this one.

#3277 The Waterboy, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  18. FJF

I can't describe the withdrawals I went thru for a bacon egg and cheese my first year away from New York

The Waterboy likes this.
  19. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

I try to give the benefit of the doubt.

Couldn't we say that their rallies incite masses, which is not protected under the First Amendment? This goes for rallies like we saw in Charlottesville, not so much the small rally in Boston. It does become an extremely grey area at this point however, when it comes to who is inciting who and when.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dunkin' Donuts coffee sucks moosecock

USAToday reporting the Secret Service is out of money to protect the pretender in chief and his worthless family. For you budget hawks out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.