The Drunk Tank

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by 74, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry no can do. No Turkish delight here. If you want Kurdish delight though, I am your man.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tomato, tomahto.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's Friday, the weather's freakin beautiful, there's some surf, and I'm still stuck in front of a computer because the some of the people I work for have been dropping the ball :mad:...... good thing I work from home. Dos Equis was BOGO at Publix. First one's down the hatch :)

It's "Alumni Weekend" for my alma matter too so I have friends coming into town. The Hugh Shaw alumni longboard contest as well as my buddy's annual Cinco De Mayo shitshow Surf Contest (You have to wear a "costume" and pound a beer / shot before each heat) ..... rut roh

#1123 stinkyB, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Choking down a michelada at Robert Horry's favorite restaurant and reading on my phone about how the Holmdel Serial Pooper was caught and turned out to be a high school superintendent.

Holmdel HS has come a long way from playing naked Twister in the locker room and getting a name drop for it on Maury Povich's A Current Affair.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Is it Big Shot Rob or Bob? IDK? I think this one was the best

6. stinkyB

BOB...

maaaan..... I missed the days when swimming laps in the Drunk Tanks was alot more pleasure than pain...... gettin old sucks

Been a fun weekend though :D

7. stinkyB

btw... If you're an IPA fan try this:

[​IMG]

made in Tampa

and this made in Jacksonville

[​IMG]

8. Brook!

Let's bring this thread back from dead.

I got my boss fired today after threatening HR to take their sorry asses to court if they didn't take any action against the abuse this stupid woman did against one of my direct reports. Nice to see her sorry ass out of the company. Fucking French speaking Canadian bitch. Get the fuck out of here now. Oh, they promoted me to her position. I am screwed because my responsibilities now doubled but who cares. Time to get drunk and relax a little after a horrendous last few months,

jetophile likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Congratulations...I think.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Friendliest Member my ass.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Nice rant. I hope your salary increased proportionately. Good for you for standing up for someone. There's so many times in the chain of command that it's not possible. I wonder where some people get off sometimes. I had one of the worst jobs that I've ever had in my life when I was in college. It was a discount type place (think along the lines of Big Lots), but it was privately family-owned (I was a cashier). The owner was cheap, verbally abusive, and he was such a fckn racist (and a misogynist) it was unbelievable. No matter what color, ethnicity or nationality you were you got called every name in the book with a ton of cursing thrown in. I'm talking calling someone a towelhead level bad. And he was a screamer. It was so over the top that sometimes I just laughed. No one ever reported him to the Department of Labor because unfortunately there were some people who couldn't afford to quit or be fired. Looking back on it now I should have done so when I resigned. He also did a lot of illegal shit as to the workplace, like if you were sick and you were going to vomit and it wasn't your break time you had to keep going, sometimes wouldn't let people use the bathroom, you were on the time clock to the second and if you were late by even a second from break you got docked 15 minutes, stuff like that. And like I said, how does the little birdie go? Cheap, cheap, cheap! It was horrible, but we all made a joke out of it because there was really nothing else to be done.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

jeto,

I am nothing if I am not fair. She was an abusive, vindictive bitch. I started my job on April 9th and in just 2 weeks she started showing her abusive character. I replaced her on the job. She got promoted to manage the whole team and I was working under her. The people working under me was reporting to her but now they would report to me and I would report to this bitch. When I started my entire team seemed miserable. As time passed I realized the reason. She was killing the spirits of people and abusing them with her words. i warned her not to deal with my direct reports and go thru me if there was a concern. She wouldn't listen. She would act like a bitch left and right. I was told people filed complaints with HR multiple times against her. In the last incident there was a big screw up and she tried to put this screw up on one of my direct reports who is a manager. I confronted this bitch and said you can't put this on my direct report. She said did she come to you to complain? I said yes she did. A day later when I am out of the office for my Diabetes appointment, this bitch calls my direct report in her room and rips her a big one. Then my direct report cries and goes to HR.

Next day I come to office and my direct report tells me what happened. HR calls me right away as well. I go to HR to listen to the full story. During this HR session I tell HR director why no action was taken against this bitch in the past. HR Director gives some bullshit excuses. I tell her this is it for me. If no action is taken against this bitch shortly I will talk to my lawyer for options. All of my Direct Reports ready to testify and you will be part of law suit soon.

2 weeks later, I mean yesterday it is my Annual Review with this bitch. I expect a crappy review and of course no raise etc. Surprise surprise. The President of the Division calls for an emergency meeting in the morning to announce a development. Turns out this bitch is fired. I am assigned to her role.

HR took action finally. Now will this have an impact on me? Not sure. In the end I threatened HR to take them to the court. But the thing is I didn't stay silent. In Muslim culture there is an important saying. It says "The person who is silent when an unfair act is happening, is like a devil with no tongue". The whole situation isn't pretty, my wife is worried about the fall out for me due to my threat to HR but at least my conscious is clean and I will be able to put my head to pillow nicely.

BrowningNagle and donkey like this.
  13. Brook!

I love people. I just don't love unfair people and dentists.

14. Dierking

yeah, yeah, you Kurds are all Mr. Tough-Guy and shit with the HR dept, lets see some action with those fucking Turks.

Brook! likes this.
  15. Brook!

Let me get drunk D. We can discuss it next. Lol.

16. Dierking

not at the game?

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Good on ya, Brook. Walk tall.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The likelihood of someone getting fired from the same position so quickly is pretty slim so you could probably harass whomever you want for a while.

19. Brook!

Any drunks out there?

@Rollo Tomassi - What did you cook tonight dude?

Fuck life. My best friend is dead since October 26th. Nights like this don't pass fast enough. My heart is heavy. Wife said drink as much as you want. Tonight I will drink till I drop. Fuck life.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

For some reason I am not getting tag notifications so I didn’t get this or the other few times you’ve called me out in violation of the TOS.

Tonite me an the folks from my Christian choir group had a nice night out at The Cracker Barrel.

Love their Country Fried Steak and the Chicken Dumplings. Apple crisp for dee-sert was the snails quail.

I don’t take part in the spirits thank you very much.