The Draft Coverage Sucks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by soh_vet, Apr 29, 2017.

1. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

WTF is up with these assholes, we made 2 trades and the NFL, ESPN and CBS Sports don't say boo about either one. Instead they tell us about the Pansy's trade. Die a horrible death douche bags. (I don't know why i'm so angry........................................................................i'm a jets fan for way to long)

Br4d, thegoldengod and Skicats like this.
  2. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

Noticed that too-

Was more annoyed they fell so behind with announcements- I think Eisen started to voice his annoyance with that as well on the air.

Br4d likes this.
  3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's gotten awful the past couple years. Still wish it would go back to the Saturday/Sunday format. They were so far behind on picks yesterday, they had to rush on pick reviews in order to catch up.

#3 rockyusmc2003, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  4. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

The most annoying thing today is all this pageantry with picks "on location." Every time it takes 60 seconds or more away from the coverage- pretty unnecessary.

5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

It's sad the draft has become unwatchable..10 seconds of clips of the player drafted and 10 minutes of nonsense in between.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they need to get rid of all the nonsense surrounding the picks - have someone come out to the podium and announce the pick a quick bit of info about the player, some clips, then on to the next - I mean why have we got an orangutan making picks?

Freddy Mondo, NCJetsfan and Br4d like this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wow guy... just wow...

You mean to say that sports fans don't understand the importance of social issues? Obesity, glass ceiling, cancer awareness, racial inequality, transgender acceptance, support of fluid identity ... All those things are important, you know. Especially during the draft.

Damn deplorables you :mad:

westiedog1 and Br4d like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Move the draft back to end of March and stop all the useless special interests stories. Give us the pick, a brief intro to the player's actual play in college and where he'll likely fit in the NFL, timely information on any trades surrounding the previous picks as the details become known and then move on to the next pick.

I only watched about 2 hours of the total coverage on Friday and Saturday and that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Also, have a professional MC run the draft. Watching Goodell get booed is getting old. Put somebody up there that the crowd will receive well.

9. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yes March is better. And better still, don't even televise it. Let people follow it online or in the next morning's news. A lot of useless noise. An opportunity for adult fans to behave like blithering idiots. If you sit throught a draft you realize you wasted 12 hours of your life for 45 seconds of info

Br4d likes this.
  10. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

without a dough the worst draft coverage EVER..... stop talking about a player taken 10 picks before and keep up with the picks as they happen and give us details about the trades that are made.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't understand why their research has lead them to believe that their core demographic of males 18-54 would want to see more human interest stories in place of deeper draft pick analysis and up to date trade reviews.

It's mind boggling. The James Conner story is a nice one. But it's been covered to death already. Same with the Joe Mixon crap. They want domestic violence to be a thing of the past for NFL players... So stop covering it so damn much on the daily shows you idiots.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Absolutely. I mean it's nice having old players and shit but they need to get rid of that. It's a waste of time. The only exceptions should be certain case like the young lady who lost her leg or the Make-A-Wish Child announcing picks is cool with me. Enough of every franchise having a special announcee.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Better yet is if the owners fire Goodell.

14. NCJetsfan

What's next, someone making a pick from the crapper?

gajetsfan likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

I would imagine the owners LOVE Goodell. He's expanding and making them more and more money every year.

The guys a dickhead, but I understand some
    of what he's doing. The NFL has lost lawsuits ranging into the billions due to injuries and concussions.

He recognizes that if he wants to keep his gold mine of an enterprise going he needs to adjust the game to make it more friendly to player injuries and way more attentive to removing concussions from the game.

We as fans don't like it, because it means less jaw jarring hits, but he has to do it with the way these gigantic humans are evolving. If it kept going the way it was going in the mid 2000's we may have seen a player death on the field. And honestly, unfortunately, we may still see that.

16. NCJetsfan

I don't have any problem with that aspect of what he's done. I agree that they need to do all they can to safeguard the players and help former players. I may be wrong, but I don't think that's why he gets booed.

I do think there's a big conflict of interest due to his relationship with Robert Kraft and the Pats, and think a lot of his decisions on other issues have been bad, if not awful.

17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I kinda get why they have turned the first two rounds in prime time into a circus...but can they at least keep rounds 3-8 for hardcore football fans? I mean do they really think they're gonna turn day 3 into a big event?

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

agreed - you can have exceptions to every rule