The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I can't be held accountable for Rex messing up. After the game Rex said he should have put Revis on him the whole game. If Rex takes him off Moss again this week that is Rex's business but I wouldn't do it. If Revis comes up lame during the game I will concede this to you but until then I see this as you still having your panties all twisted up about the holdout.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Willie...that's pretty fair...except it denies the....over the top ferocity with which those predictions were denounced.

The heaping pile of Crow(raven) is well earned.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I agree that it's predictable that he had something physical go wrong with him early, but saying he cost us a win is ridiculous, and so is making a bigger deal about this than necessary. He shut down Derrick Mason and whoever else he covered. So what if he didn't shut down Boldin, that wasn't his job. He covered who the coaches told him to cover. I know if he were in camp, he would have gotten Boldin, but it's a business, and there's no reason he couldn't have shut down Boldin if he had the opportunity.

And he has a tight hamstring. Nobody says it's an issue. If he shows up Sunday and Moss has a big game, then toot your horn. But until then, this is nothing. The only time we've seen him this year, he was great. Until he plays like a lesser cornerback, or misses a game because of an injury, this is nothing.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree, Hobbes. No way a cornerback, who is actually playing in the game and shutting down every player he is covering, could possibly have lost the game for the Jets.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If people want to be right, then either make better predictions or have better opinions.

This thread has no bearing on anything anymore.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If only Revis being dialed down in the first game was the only thing about that game to complain about...

8. Hobbes3259

piss poor playcalling, and poor officiating cost them the game.

However...that was four chances for the D to get off the field and get the ball back to the offense that they lost over this...

simple point. And...As I stated above...had the disagreement been just a tad less vehement when this very situation was broached during the holdout, I'd have not brought it up now.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You know, I'm trying to let this topic die, but jeez.

10. Hobbes3259

I'm not going to be happy till the post count in this thread exceeds your own :wink:

11. Hobbes3259

Let it die?

Mr E.,Cato, Alio...

I f*ng told you this was coming. I did not wish for it. It was PREDICTABLE

Now a greedy prick, that was under contract for 3 more years, will cost us a second game.

Gobble gobble

12. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

is revis still holding out?????

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He may be held out for the rest of the Week 2 game with an injury.

14. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

please check in to eat crow.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, maybe it wasn't so ridiculous after all.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the holdout definately has affected revis. he will probably have to be shut down for 10 days, then have to try to get back in shape etc..... im sure he;ll agree to give some of that $$ back to Mr. Johnson....

17. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

But all the x-purts on this board said Revis was working out on his own, and the fact that he held out all of training camp would NOT affect his play in the regular season.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hobbes was right with the concern over an injury. Prediction is coming true. We were lucky that the D held up and made some great plays today. Cromartie held his own filling Revis' shoes. Good to see. It could have been a very different game.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I guess now it is time for you to eat crow. People focused on it because it was a legitimate concern that has now come to be. You called everyone out for saying that the hold out may go into the season. Now you are being called out for ignoring and denying that the hold out would hurt Revis' performance and for ridiculing other posters who raised this as a concern.

Can you now admit that the hold out has hurt both Revis and the team (although the rest of the DBs stepped up in a big way today in the 2nd half)? In the two very big games, he did not cover Boldin because the CS did not think he was ready and it hurt the team. Today, he got beat by the slouch and was not to be seen again because, OMG - a hammy injury? Who would have thunk it? Not you obviously. Revis has not looked like a $16 million man and now who knows when he will be ready to play at the level we expect and has been paid. And to think, you used to be a good poster whose opinions were valued, but you have been shown to be ignorant and in complete denial as to the potential downside of the hold out.

20. Hobbes3259

The worst part of it is, he only got the money he would have gotten without the holdout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.