The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

no.........

2. 624

624 Banned

I expect nothing less, but this is a dumb post.

If it was that easy it would've been done by now, there are rules preventing that much of a change in salary from year to year.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Even if you could do that, why would we? Revis would bitch about his contract the second he was paid $1 for the season and demand a new record deal. Oh wait, that's basically what he's doing now.

4. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Please explain?

5. WhiteShoeWillis

No it voids the guaranteed clause of the final two years void. We could still buy back the final 2 years but the money wouldn't be guaranteed to Revis.

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

So then it would just be a salary instead of guaranteed? I don't see what the difference is unless of course Revis gets hurt.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

If it were not guaranteed the Jets could for any reason decide to get rid of him and be off the hook for the remaining portion of the contract. If it were guaranteed he is entitled to the money no matter what happens.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I never make fun of someone I dont like....lmao......... geez all my posts can pretty much be deleted..........

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah if he holds out in a way he is screwing himself. He would ungurantee his moniez............... He would just count on the Jets needing him so badly they would cowtow to his " Omg lets Holdout" agent.

10. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

His agent is doing him a great disservice in my opinion. But can't say it surprised me.

11. VinnyT

VinnyT New Member

Glad to see that there's a chance that something can get done to avoid a holdout. We definitely need him on the field this season so that the defense can continue to play at the same high level that they were last season. Hopefully a short-term solution gets worked out so the team can move forward and get back to negotiating a long-term solution after the CBA gets worked out.

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If your boss offered you 6 years of salary up front, and then paid you $1 for the remaining 5 years, how productive will you be in the last 5 years, seeing as you already got paid?

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I would smoke crack with hookers for 5 years. Clean myself up in the 6th and be a super star and cash in for my next contract. LDO............

Thank god NFL guarantees do not work that way anyhow. They never structure contracts like that. Usually the big money is barbelled for obvious reasons, one of which you mentioned...... and of course because of people like me...lol

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

All day long on the NFL network they kept saying that it is going to be like Chris Johnson's deal but more money. It is looking like 3 years and 30 million.

15. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I wish this would hurry up and be taken care of. All these Revis threads are making me hate him.

16. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

If they could pull this off, I would be fine with it. It wont break us and Revis gets some extra cash.

17. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Revis is a no show per Manish and Schefter. He didnt show up for the conditioning run and is technically not a holdout until 5pm today

18. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Revis did not report

Accd to nj.com, Revis was a no-show this am

19. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Theres about 10 threads on revis on wether or not hes gonna hold out, with the newest one a couple down from this thread. I guess we can open another one

20. ........

........ Trolls

Practices don't start until tomorrow, right? I'd give him until tonight to show up before we start steeling for a hold out. If both sides are talking, which has been reported in the past few days, there's at least a chance he'll get a deal without missing too much time.

On the plus side, if he doesn't show for the first few days, Kyle Wilson will get some great PT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.