The Dalvin Cook Conundrum

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 28, 2017.

1. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I 100% agree, So correct me if im wrong here,, But with our 1st Rd pick we have now selected a defensive player for the past 7 or 8 drafts now and not taken any offensive players until the later rounds and people say why cant we score TD's. The NFL is begging team to score and throw the ball yet we keeping building the defense.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We take an offensive player in round 2 every year, and every time they've been useless.

That said I'd love a versatile Olineman and hope Lamp is there.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Cook supposedly has a shoulder injury which is why he's dropping.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago that was pretty heavily reported on. I think he'll be back for camp. I don't think he's dropping... I think he was always gonna go somewhere in the late first or early second.

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We drafted Devin Smith and Hack'en'fluff, those were probaby worse picks. What have we got to lose? He's a game changer if things work out right.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Mehta says they won't touch him which tells you they might.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see the Perine/Greene comparison at all. Perine and Hill are totally different types of RB than Cook. Cook is too much like Powell. I don't understand you guys that can't understand that. The Jets don't have and need a RB with power.

8. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. There are different types of RBs and different needs from the position. The Jets need one now.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Is Vernon Golstein the Jewish cousin of the guy we drafted 6th overall in 08?

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well the way things are going, bet on them taking a CB of DL. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm still caring. There is no possible explanation for taking TWO Safeties and not addressing the offense! Disgusted is too mild a word for how I feel right now.

11. NCJetsfan

I feel your pain. I hope you will stick around and won't give up on the team. You're a good guy and a good poster. Even though we don't always agree, I respect you and your opinion.

I can't pretend to understand why Mac makes all the moves he does. I'm as surprised and disappointed as anyone that Mac took another Safety. I wanted a TE, OLB, WR, or OT in the 2nd. I guess they have given up on Pryor and are determined to fix the secondary. I wouldn't be surprised now if they do take a CB in the 3rd round.

It does look as if they may be trying to fix the D this year, and next year will address the offense. If so, then either Woody gave Bowles more power over Mac, or Woody told them they have two years to rebuild the team. We knew it was going to take another couple of drafts to fix the team anyway. As long as they fix the offense, it doesn't really matter how they do it. Of course fans would like to see things more balanced and see the offense get some love for a change. It is even more surprising with a new OC in Morton that they didn't take an offensive player. Hopefully, they will add a TE and RB or WR in the 3rd.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You don't understand what plug and play means. It means you don't need to develop a RB. You draft one or sign a RB and he plays right away. Powell is fine for 2017. They can draft a RB next year. All the guys on your list played right away for the most part. And not all were first or second round picks.

13. NCJetsfan

I agree that RBs can and most should be able to start right away. I disagree that Powell is fine for 2017. I think he will wear down. Teams almost always have 3 RBs, not 2. While it may not be as big a need as S, CB, or TE, imo it's still a need. I would be perfectly happy with a 3rd or 4th round RB like Perine or Hill.