the chicken little SOJ fans need to get a good night of sleep.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4lyfah, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

This isn't the same old jets. this is a big time team led by franchise QB and one of the BEST HEADCOACH in the league.

it's just one game, Pats are good regular season football team but would anyone be afraid of playing them in the postseason at foxboro?

Sanchez was victimized by poor offensive line play tonight but we know he's primetime and he's shown that in the playoffs where it matters. the ppl hatin on sanchez need to check themselves and realize that a starting qb is the rarest commodity in the NFL

2. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

You may not have brains, but god damn it you have heart. I admire that.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What? I am a super sunshiner but even I think this sounds nuts.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Same old Jets ??? No way! The jets never use to play bad like this for a long period of time.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We can go on a stretch here...We can claw back, but considering the Pats schedule. We probably wont win division

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Haha I'd like to agree with this, but we are seeing some of the same old shit with this team over and over.

The offense never gets in a rhythm and attacks the defense's weaknesses.. there was no flow to the offense tonight, and it's the same crap that plagues this team over and over.

And defensively we just couldn't get a stop when it was needed.. at the end of the 1st half and when they went on their 7 minute 84 yard drive in the 2nd half basically was the difference in the game.. just a joke. I was as high on this team as anybody, but let's face it.. wins over the Chargers and Bills don't seem all that impressive anymore. And it sucks.

8. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

We won't win the division but we can hope for another shot at them. What was frustrating was it was the same way we lost the week 5 game minus handing the pats golden field position and free points.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

we can definitely make the playoffs, but the division is probably long gone.

considering what happened the last two weeks in the AFC, this one really stings because it was all right in front of us.

knowing the jets, they'll reel off some wins and get this fanbase excited again to make some noise in the playoffs. unfortunately it'll be on the road again

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You know what? I'm glad someone went in the other direction.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It's the same old Jets. Sorry. Crucify me, but it is.

12. Sciz

Sciz New Member

We're screwed. Nobody on this football team is any good except Revis. What a waste of the best CB ever.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Everyone, from the Jets to the fans, talked about the importance of this game, and the team fucking sucked. being angry about that, and understanding that it likely reflects significant shortcomings of the team that make it less likely than more likely that this will be the year the team takes that next step, doesn't make anyone a SOJF. the team looks to be exactly what it has been the past two years -- a second place team. anyone who isn't disappointed in that is just as much a SOJF because you clearly don't have higher expectations.

the only thing more pathetic than the team tonight are idiot fans who throw around the SOJF nonsense when people are critical, angry and/or disappointed.

14. Anj

Anj New Member

Primetime says hi

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think it makes you a SOJF to be pissed about the performance tonight. Let's be honest here, what good teams have we played good against this season? Have we beaten anybody worth a shit? The Cowboys in week 1? Is that it? I'd hardly call them good. I'd say above average but not good. The poor moves we chose to make in the offseason are coming back to bite us, the wasted draft pick on Ducasse and all the trading up has left us with no depth and a wasted roster spot.

At the end of the day you don't need to be a SOJF to know that this team just isn't very good. They may be a playoff team but Tennessee is gonna be sneaky and certainly you have to think that the Bungles might eek out some wins and be in the thick of it.

16. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I agree. I think we can still make a wildcard playoff berth IF we can turn our offense around to close out the last half of the season. If we can't improve our offense the only way we get into the playoffs again is through some stellar defense and QB game management. Then Sanchez and Schotty will have to find a way to win in the playoffs AGAIN on the road. But I still think our offense needs to find its rhythm by the time we get to the AFC Championship game (if we can make it that far) if we want a shot at the Super Bowl.

The only things I didn't like about our defense was the penalties, and there weren't many of those, and the missed tackles on Brady. We pressured him like crazy but he was like butter through their fingers never really able to take him down with the the exception of the safety.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont think it is this. Look at the Patriots - they are a team full of JAGs and yet Brady makes them into a good team. Having an elite QB can mask every single deficiency on your team.

Sadly we do not have an elite QB, which is not suprising as only about 4 or 5 teams in the NFL do.

We are also saddled with the worst offensive co-ordinator in the NFL so what skills sanchez may or may not have we never get to see.

I am by nature a negative, downbeat, glass is half empty (and someone probably did something horrible to it when I wasnt looking) type of person which is why I am so well suited to follow the Jets.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Nice post. This coaching staff has shown comeback ability before. This Pats game was a failure offensively, defensively, & special teams ..... but Jets should still make the playoffs. Rex is a motivator & solid defensive mind. He'll adjust defensively to deal with the Pats tactics from last game.

From the playoffs, anything can happen.

19. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Sanchez was not "victimized by poor offensive line play". He killed himself and your team by holding on to the ball too long and making piss poor decisions. WTF are you smoking that you do not realize this.

You may also want to look at the Pats remaining schedule, as well as your own. Let us assume that both teams only lose 1 game. You have a very real possibility of not even making the Wild Card. This game was HUGE!

#19 jb1095, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

THIS. THIS. THIS.

There's nothing worse than the "rational" fans who come out after the Jets lose big games just to tell everyone that it's not that big of a deal. Yeah, it is a big deal. This was as big a game as it gets during the regular season, and the Jets blew it. Being pissed off at that fact and the team in general isn't being a SOJF, it's people like YOU as JetBlue said that are acting like SOJFs because of the ridiculously low expectations you have for the team.