The Black Panther movie thread..

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll be there at 12noon. Already got my tickets as the theatre most likely is sold out. Hoping its everything I've heard it was so far.

PS: NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!

#1 Cman68, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Some people even dressed up like Eddie Murphy / Arsenio Hall from "Coming to America" ... it was awesome to see. The story in itself touched on some great points and I definitely felt some sympathy for the bad guy (up to a certain point of course).

The only negative, I felt was the CGI was off at times, specifically in the end, but still a great movie.

3. Cman68

Just got back from it. Great movie! Very well done. Plot, flow, all of it moved right along to a thrilling conclusion. Kudos to Marvel and the Directing staff! I will be looking forward to the 4k/3D discs to come out.

PS: Stay thru the credits... :)

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

My 4.5 year old has been obsessed with seeing this and we are going on Monday. Looking forward to it. Hopefully they enjoy it. Most Marvel movies are a little too old for him, but he is also obsessed with GOTG.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

6. Cman68

So, you really want to troll this thread? Do so at your peril.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Saw Black Panther last night. It was good. Killmonger was a bad ass villain. One of my favorites in the MCU. I wish he was in it more though. He shows up at the beginning, then disappears for a long time. Wish he had a couple more scenes. The women in the movie were great. They knew what they were doing more than Black Panther did, but his journey was also nice to see. The movie does have problems, but overall I give it a solid B.

8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

This movie was incredible, possibly the best thing Marvel has released. A few small issues such as the CGI at times but the overall film was so good it is easy to over look any flaws. I am so much more excited for Infinity Wars now as i cannot wait for the Wakanda scenes.

9. phubbadaman

As predicted it was a little mature for my kids. I thought it failed to live up to the hype of the weekend, but I still enjoyed it. While it was a longer movie, I still felt that every plot point was stretched very thin. This movie could have been four hours and I (though not my kids) would have loved every minute of it. I'm all about Michael B Jordan, but I also think the Killmonger hype was a little too high as well. As TDK said, he was barely in the movie. was he great when he was in it? Yes. But I think Keaton/Vulture is still the best villain in the MCU, unless Loki counts.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I agree with all of this. They tried to stuff too much into it. That happens sometimes. Either make it longer, like you said, or cut some of the story threads out. Vulture and Loki are better but Killmonger is his own type of villain. Pretty rare. Similar to Magneto in X-Men, where he has opposite views of the hero, but he isn't too far off in his views. His actions are what make him a villain.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Certainly makes "Infinity War" a must see. Did you guys stay thru the credits?

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

Killmonger had a great backstory. Very simplistic and had hella impact. I thought the pacing was fine and it didn't have to be any longer. A lot of people shined in the movie, so I can understand the Black Panther and Killmonger being a little overshadowed by Wakanda and specifically Shuri and the lovely ladies of Wakanda.

btw Lupita Nyong'o so gorgeous, you see those curves!

13. Cman68

They were hard to miss..:) The ladies did indeed carry the movie. I would have liked to have seen more Klaw as in the comics he was a major villian. I've always believed to be a great hero, you need a great villian.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I liked both scenes. Agreed, can't wait for Infinity War. 10 years in the making, and now Black Panther has made it even more exciting!
    Yeah, Nakia, Okoye and Shuri were great. I wouldn't say the pacing was bad, but it definitely started slow. For me, at least. Then a certain spot it clicks and runs smooth the rest of the way.
    Yeah, did not want to talk about Klaw in case of spoilers, but that was definitely disappointing for me. Killmonger made up for it though.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just saw it is playing at the drive-in so we'll be heading to see it this weekend.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Absolutely gorgeous movie. A+

Also, great entertainment week for me in general as I also watched the first season of Altered Carbon and that may be the best first season of a show I've watched in years.

Back to Black Panther I only saw one post credits scene. Was there another?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Poeman and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. phubbadaman

Yeah, they didn't give too much. The first has T'Challa saying they will open up Wakandan technology to the world. The second showed that Bucky was out and about in Wakanda and healing thanks to T'Challa's sister.

Also, I agree with everyone that said the women of the movie were probably the best. Okuye (if that was her name) was probably my favorite.

18. 101GangGreen101

Off topic, but Altered Carbon was so good.

xxedge72x likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

What is it?

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Series on Netflix, brief description, in the future the rich can live forever and they can transfer their consciousness into other bodies. The poor can also have it done but pretty much at the whim of the rich. Joel Kinnaman, from The Killing, is brought back to help one of the worlds richest men find out who killed him.

I only watched one episode based on posts on TGG and really liked it so I'll be watching the rest.