The Best Player Available

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nohope, Feb 27, 2006.

1. nohope

nohope New Member

The Jets have a lot of problems and they need to fill a lot of spots on the team. They need a running back, they have to fix the entire offesnive line, and the qb posiiton is in question. I say you take the best available player, whether that be trading up, or taking Cutler, or Ferguson if the Jets stay at that number four spot. There is a lot of depth at qb in the draft and Brian Calhoun could be a nice pick in the second round. What are your opinions on what position to draft?

2. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

i know we have a lot of needs but if we draft up to the number 1 spot and pass on Reggie Bush that will be a mistake that we will regret for years to come, I dont want to be the team that passed on bush, plus i think we can get a free agent via free agency, we dont have an o-line right now so i wouldnt worry about who the qb is

3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

People actually rooted for the Jets to LOSE games in order to win the Reggie Bush sweepstakes... and now people want to pass him up?? Let me preface this by saying I would prefer to move down - But if we do move up and happen to pass on Reggie Bush - I'd have to believe that Bradway is really still pulling the strings, using TBaum as a figurehead.

4. nohope

nohope New Member

You can thank Terry Bradway for the offesnive line being terrible because he drafter zerio offesnive linemen last draft, but I would take Reggie Bush if I had that pick. I think Martin and Blaylock can be good for another year or two together, but I would not be upset with Leihart at the spot either. If the Jets had the number one pick.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Why, because Tannenbaum chose a franchise QB over a franchise RB? Taking Leinart over Bush wouldn't be a bad move.

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

To me, starting off the new era in Jets football, having passed on the consensus #1 prosepect in possibly the last 5 years is insane. Leinart was a very successful college QB and probably will be a solid pro. Bush is just flat out amazing. Having him learn to be a pro behind CMart is just a dream come true.

You just can't convince me that Leinart(or anybody else in this draft) is a better prospect than Bush. Hell - the title of this thread is Best Player Available!

7. nohope

nohope New Member

The Best Player Available I think is Reggie Bush, but I can be wrong. He did so much and I know it was in college, but he had to share the ball with another first round running back in Lendal White and a Heisman Trophy Winner in Matt Leinart. Reggie Bush appears to have a lot of talent, but we do not know how that will translate in the pro's.

8. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Reggie Bush and if we pass on him ill be pretty pissed off unless we draft Lienart or Young then ill be a little ticked but not all that mad. But i say if we trade up to number one we have to draft Reggie Bush. Its a no brainer.

9. CoachTsurfing

CoachTsurfing Banned

If we lose Chad though I think we take the franchise QB. If we keep Chad get a veteran and then take BPA.

10. jonjets

jonjets New Member

Guys,I hope we get Reg Bush,Curtis is at the end,and we need a good runner....might bring back some sparkle to the jets,as we have been the laffin' stock of the league for decades,I know,being a Jetsman for 40 yrs,let's get Reggie.....and in 5 yrs time,Reggie can introduce CM into the HOF.......

11. edal

edal New Member

You can win a lot more Super Bowls with stud QB's over stud running backs! It's the most important position.

12. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

That's not the issue. Reggie Bush has certainly shown he can be a stud RB. I'm not too convinced that Leinart, Young, and Cutler are even as good as some recent QB prospects such as Palmer, Eli Manning, Ben R. and Rivers.

13. edal

edal New Member

Palmer was a better prospect. I dont know about Eli Manning. He seems to be, in my opinion, around the same category as Cutler, that is, being from a smaller school. Actually, without his last name, he probably would'nt have been taken #1. Ben R. turned out to be the best of the bunch. You can't argue with a Superbowl ring so soon. Nobody knows about Rivers yet. I think the Jets were thinking about grabbing him until Drew Brees wasn't in the mix with San Diego anymore because of his injury.

#13 edal, Feb 28, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

By definition that means taking what comes to you at the spot you're in. Trading up wouldn't qualify as taking the best player available.