The 6th pick can't be a receiver because...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by fansince90, Mar 26, 2017.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

What was the score of that game?
    Chess match? A 27-10 ass whooping considered a chess match?
    Re-watch that game, you will change your mind about his cerebral capabilities.

fansince90 likes this.
  2. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Yep, and his stats for that day tell an even worse story than the scoreboard. Again, I don't have a poster of the guy on my wall or anything, but your assertion that zero adjustments were made by him at the line is horseshit.

It's actually kind of hilarious that perhaps the one positive trait he showed in that game is what you chose to call him out on.

fansince90 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. tbruner12

Ok
    Maybe I mislead you on what I meant.
    He may have made adjustments at the line, but not a damn one of them worked. What positive adjustments did you see? All I saw that game was him getting his ass handed to him all game. No matter what play he checked into, they couldn't move the ball. He may be a cerebral QB in some people's minds, but not in my eyes. Richard Todd looks like a HOF QB next to Hacks performance that day.

fansince90 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's the bottom line, isn't it? With his OL playing like swiss cheese, why didn't he call some running plays or something to slow the pass rush? And do you think that the worst NFL defense isn't better than Temple's? I have yet to see anything that supports him being taken in the 2nd round, and for anyone to be holding their breath that he'll be the FQB the Jets have waited 50 years for.

fansince90 and tbruner12 like this.
  5. tbruner12

Exactly.
    He checked into WR screens to the heavy side of the field, while the lone weak side LB sacked his dumb ass. Lol
    I thought you were cerebral from studying the other team, and using their strengths and weaknesses against them. Hack looked like a puss all game. Scared and lost, all game.

fansince90 likes this.
  6. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Beckham will throw Eli under the bus this yr if he deems that Eli is underperforming. Great receivers cant play great if the qb sucks.

7. fansince90

Great teams/franchises are built from the inside out. Sometimes a ALL PRO/HOF qb can hide the flaws of the line with their mobility e.g. Rogers but eventually it seems they get hurt and miss time.

8. fansince90

I disagree. I saw games that he broke 30 or 40 yard td's. He was more of a posession rb with great vision, short burst, and cutting ability.

tbruner12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, he scored on 30 and even 40 yard TD runs, but that doesn't mean that he was a fast player. He wasn't. He wasn't slow, but he wasn't fast. CuMar had a ton of 20 yard runs, that had he been faster, either could have been much longer or the D would have been forced to worry more about containing him, which would have opened something else up in the Jets' offense.

You nailed it when you said that he was a possession RB. By definition, possession RBs aren't homerun hitters, they aren't the type to score from anywhere on the field. They can occasionally break off longer runs, but can't take them the distance from 50-60 yards or more.

CuMar had great cutting ability in which he didn't have to slow down, short burst and very good vision. I don't think his vision was great. I saw numerous times where he would break into the clear and there was no reason to cut back, yet he would, and in so doing would get caught from behind or run right into a defender. Also, the reason that he lined up 8 yards deep in the backfield was so that he could better see the holes. If he had "great" vision, he wouldn't have needed to do that. The problem was that with his lack of great speed, lining up so deep caused a lot of the holes to close before he even got to the LOS. That's why he wound up with so many runs for -2, -1 and 0 yards.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only way it makes sense to draft a BPA DL this year on the 6 is if somebody is willing to either give us a fair deal for Mo Wilk or really overload a package for Leo Williams, like 2 1sts plus overload.

11. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

That's not true. I can easily envision a scenario where we deal the headache known as Richardson & decide Mo is not worth his contract next year, assuming a repeat of this year's performance. Not being a need right now, does not mean it won't become a need soon. I'll never fault a team for trying to get younger & cheaper, especially if that's via drafting the BPA.

FJF likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. If Mac drafts a DL at #6 this year, I want him fired immediately following the pick is announced. The team has spent enough first round draft picks on DL to last a decade or two. There are other positions and units on the team that need upgrading. Even if they trade SR and plan to get rid of Mo, they need to use the #6 pick somewhere else. They have good young depth already on the roster on the DL that could develop into quality starters to replace SR and Mo.

That wouldn't be a matter of simply trying to get younger and cheaper. It would signify that Mac is a clueless imbecile, is obsessed with the DL and has no idea of how to build a football team.

#52 NCJetsfan, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    JetLifeLo and westiedog1 like this.
  13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. I understand the importance of the offensive line.

14. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

This kind of logic is the reason why we suck.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I see no scenario where Johnathan Allen is the BPA at 6. Not 1.

Myles Garrett
    Jamal Adams
    Deshaun Watson
    Leonard Fournette
    Corey Davis
    Malik Hooker
    Solomon Thomas
    OJ Howard
    Mike Williams
    Derek Barnett

All of those players are better then Allen IMO and would have more of an immediate impact. Allen, also surgeries on both of his shoulders. You need that for leverage.