That knife dug a little deeper..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Feb 3, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The dude has showed no sense of physical decline. Zero. It will not shock me if he does play another four seasons to hit that 45 year old mark.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Feels like it were 2-3 years where his father was talking age 45 nonsense. And now, it looks real and i believe his dad more than anyone.

Brady is a pure pocket passer. He has an offensive line and protection? He can play for a long, long time. As a man he's lost no arm strength, his accuracy is still pint-point and his awareness/I.Q is getting sharper seems like every season. In other words he's not slowing down and doesn't look to be anytime soon either. Oh well.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel that this is a real possibility. And he has a GREAT team around him as well. I keep waiting for that precipitous decline and I'm just not seeing it. Even at 75% Brady is easily a top 5 QB.

Having a real running game could definitely extend his useful life another 2-3 years.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's really fucking sad but us as Jets fans, we just have to hope the rest of the AFC falters while we rise because the Pats are not going to ever let up. Barring injury, I can't see us taking the East yet.

5. sackexchange

Nope. It really is depressing. The Jets feel like they are SO far from being a real threat to the Pats for the division. They are light years behind every playoff team as of right now. Mac will need to crush this off-season to change that.

CotcheryFan and jilozzo like this.
  6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch it but it unavoidably was brought to my attention

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

being the darksider fan i am....i dont think a crushed off season will matter in the next 1-2 years. they are so far off and the current regime is NOT the answer IMO.

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Pathetic... but true! lol

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac suxs but I want to give Gase/Williams a chance

Plus, Gase knows how to beat NE..he did it twice

Now hes got Sam D who is vastly superior than Goff and of course tannyhill lol...and that is a start

For anyone who doubts how important drafting and building an OL is should just replay last nights game..Goff was toasted but for the most part Brady was upright

Williams should model the Jets D by what W Phillips did last night..keeping NE under 2 Tds is pretty amazing imo

I agree that over the next 2 Seasons we will really see where this is going..because I really sort of expect the Jets will win 10 games come Sept 2019 and maybe make the playoffs

I want to see us in the AFC Championship Game by 2020 and Ill feel pretty good

jilozzo likes this.
  10. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

No, I stopped watching when the Patriots kicked the FG to make it 13-3 with 1:16 left and no Rams timeouts.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That was THE END of the 50 year-deal with the Devil that Namath made. It involved the Jets sucking for 50 years, The Dolphins having the Perfect Season, the Bills going to 4 straight Super Bowls, and ended with Brady being inserted after a Mo Lewis hit, and winning 6 Super Bowls. Namath handing him the trophy was the final moment of the pact. Now the question is: Was it worth it? Joe did what he had to do for that elusive Super Bowl III win! :D:cool:

12. Wake up & show a backbone Jet fans!

Is it possible that the Patriots are the best dynasty* in football history?Yes. Is it possible Brady & this run aren't going away on their own? Sure looks like it.

Well so be it. Because when one door closes another opens. If Mo Lewis & Herm brought this pestilence into existence...it's on Sam & Jamal to take them out. Bellicheat gives the platform by continually taking shots at the Jets to the media..seemingly every chance he gets. You poke the bear..especially from NY..eventually you're gonna get taken out.

We're all absolutely disgusted with all the losing,broken promises,incompetence & buffoonery. That doesn't go away. But it's time to rally around our team again. We need to lift this current group up...and show some fight...show a little faith. What do we have to lose?

It can't get any worse. I'd rather go down fighting w. my team then continue to suffer in silence. Especially against the Patriots. Let the hate flow through you my fellow jet fans. It's time for Gang green to zero in & take out this malevolent entity. Oh yes & they're still cheaters!

K'OB and dcinct like this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I hope so, but I thought the Pats were done many times this decade only to be burned badly on each occasion. That includes this season when they lost back to back games twice, even in December when they typically play their best football. The Pats are done, IMO, when they fail to make the playoffs in back to back years.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Kinda knew they’d win. Greatest football dynasty of all time. It’s the one thing that will suck when we finally win a VLT.

The Pats will still always be able to claim they are the greatest franchise of all time.

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I dislike NE as much as much as most of you... but you have to give them credit. They are well coached and execute, play disciplined FB which is the winning formula. Lets hope our new regime learns something..... yesterday's game was a defense masterpiece... NE took away the RAMS running and play action and let the QB beat them and he couldn't... in fact he was pretty bad and missed some wide open receivers.

kudos to Wayne P because his schemes worked and it was the wonder boy who frankly was clueless and had NO answers, no in game adjustments, nothing…. he was thoroughly outcoached.

16. sackexchange

TBH, the Pats' dynasty would not make one bit of difference as far as how much I would enjoy a Jets championship. The Pats can win 20 more and it would still be an incredible moment if and when the Jets win. And I will still cry like a little girl to see them lift that trophy.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Same ownership, same bad decisions. Go Jets.

18. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

That would make for a great(?) movie script. Or at least a Broadway musical.

It would have been better if Mo Lewis walked up there with Joe. Mo was born in 1969.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm used to it. Brady winning doesn't bother me anymore. MJ23 eliminated my Knicks and Ewing every year. Guess i learned early to just accept the fact we never had Jordan and don't have Brady. Fk it. Oh well. At least the BBQ's are good on Sundays.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Goff is very good, has all the tools - though i am not sure he ultimately has the mental make up like brady, marino, elway etc etc.

Sorry but i think the current jets make up is a trainwreck with gase/mccagnan/johnsons that will require a blow up in 2 years. let them prove me wrong but that's my initial take.

Darnold should be OK but it likely takes another regime to get him and the team deep into the playoffs.