Thank God we didn't tank.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Unhappyjetsfan, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Why would we want to evaluate our young QBs, win 2 games and have our choice of any QB in the draft (in the best QB draft in 30 years), when we could win 5 games and get to choose between the 4th and 5th best QBs in the draft (and watch the Giants take the best QB)?

It wouldn't have made any sense.

2. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Been one of the more enjoyable Jets seasons in recent memory. Team has played hard all season, development of some key players has been encouraging to watch, need to continue to add quality players through the draft. Jets are not that far away from returning to the post season. You don't go into an NFL locker room and tell players to 'tank'. Absurd.

3. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Enjoyable? This has been the most MISERABLE SEASON YOU SHEEP!

hwismer, abc, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  4. FanSinceBIGShea

Yeah? I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I've enjoyed watching this team develop this year.

5. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

While I agree it kind of sucks because we aren't going anywhere this season and hurt our draft position, it doesn't surprise me that the team is still playing their hardest and trying to win games. Pretty sure players don't actively try to tank like that, and it's really unrealistic to expect that, too much pride.

Edit: Btw, if the Jets lose out they would still pick high enough where they could have decent option, could definitely be in the running for Mayfield, who I wouldn't mind getting.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree my friend

Moronic fans
    Moronic coach

What did 5-6 wins accomplish? Robbie Anderson? Who gives a fuck. Without a QB we always will be stuck in the mud

7. Longsuffering88

Develop?
    Lmao

Peebag likes this.
  8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The only thing moronic here is expecting a guy fighting for his job to just roll over and tank the season, pretty sure if you were a coach on the hot seat you wouldn't be trying to go 1-15.

9. FanSinceBIGShea

Giants have a good QB and they're now 2-11.

Jacksonville has a mediocre QB and they're 8-4.

TonyFtLaud and tbruner12 like this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

I personally couldn't give a sh-t if we "return to the post season." I've seen the team in the post season many times. All I care about is winning a Super Bowl. And right now, this team is the farthest it's been from winning a Super Bowl since I became a fan in 1984. This includes the Kotite years.

dogg, abc, Peebag and 1 other person like this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

Nobody expects the players (or the coaches) to purposely play bad or intentionally lose games. What is meant when someone says they want a team to tank is that they want the ownership and/or GM to step in and tell the coaching staff, "You must play Petty" or "You must play Hackenberg" or simply to not put a McCown on the roster (so he's not available to play even if the coaches wanted to).

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  12. FanSinceBIGShea

Uh, no, I would disagree with your observation. Take a valium and sit back down, everything will be okay.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Calling this season enjoyable just goes to show you how beaten down this fan base is. Watching this team get beat up by a 3-9 shitty Denver team is not enjoyable to me.

WTF is enjoyable about watching this garbage. They can't play on the road at all. That means the coach can't motivate. Without a home crowd, they fold.

And it's like ground hog day with McCown being Fritz 2.0. Why the fuck are we forced to watch a 38 year old QB?

#13 bartscott, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    NYJalltheway, dogg, abc and 5 others like this.
  14. Unhappyjetsfan

I'm not upset or excited. I'm simply stating the obvious ... this team's ownership is one of the dumbest in the league (which I already knew) and, unfortunately, so is its fanbase (which I never believed, but am rapidly concluding over the course of this season).

abc likes this.
  15. FanSinceBIGShea

Right. And watch the locker room revolt under your scenario. If Petty lit it up or played as well as McCown has to date you'd then be bitching about him and asking the Jets to play Hackenberg. If Hackenberg lit it up you'd be pissed and want to see the Jets play Matt Forte at quarterback. You guys are a kick in the ass!

16. Longsuffering88

Exactly correct

The players won’t tank but what you do is play all kids including QB

And let the chips fall where they may

hwismer, dogg, abc and 3 others like this.
  17. Unhappyjetsfan

Nobody cares if the locker room "revolts" - there aren't any good players in the locker room, anyway. If they all quit tomorrow, it wouldn't make a difference. If Petty or Hackenberg got to play, and played well, I'd be delighted. It would mean we might actually have an above-average QB on the roster. However, they never get to play, so I am left to assume they are worse than McCown (who sucks).

abc and Longsuffering88 like this.
  18. FanSinceBIGShea

Uh, no. Enjoyable watching a team develop. Watching a team making strides, getting better, seeing them blow your dream of 0-16 or 1-15 by playing competitive football for pretty much the whole season. Never expected playoffs or Super Bowl, but I did say months ago they would be a fun team to watch, a competitive team, and a team getting better. That's all happened. BTW, McCown has played his ass off and has been one of the most inspiring stories in the league this season.

19. FanSinceBIGShea

You're a blast, dude! Keep the hits coming! Nobody cares about the rest of the team, eh? Limited exposure around an NFL locker room. Obviously.

20. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I'm inspired by a 16 QB rating. And losing 20-0 is not competitive. But by all means. Enjoy yourself.

abc and matt robinson 17 like this.