TGGFFKL 2015 official offseason thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Dec 26, 2014.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Get real dude. I hate veto being used ever but trades during the playoffs are shady and that one definitely is because Bortles is playing New Orleans next week, the number one D for fantasy QB points. Cousins has a good matchup anyway, 3rd most QB points allowed.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with playing Cousins and if trades aren't allowed during the playoffs that's fine too, then put up a deadline before the season. After a season starts settings should not be changed (unless voted on by the league), that's my real issue. Apparently nobody noticed there was no trade deadline the last TWO years till this. It's up to the commissioner to keep settings updated, not me or Chaos

Fwiw I didn't propose the trade either, and the other guy's done a fine job going from 4-9 to 9-4 this year so it's not like he can't work out what he feels is a fair trade. Shady doesn't apply here. And you were trying to solicit trades yourself during the playoffs. If YOU had made a trade and it got vetoed I still would have called out the retroactive application.

With that I've said my piece, now onto the Finals.

#102 NYJFan10, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  3. NYJFan10

Good run MSUJet, I was getting a little worried during the afternoon games - thank goodness for Allen Robinson junktime and Arizona getting a big enough lead to sit DJ. I guess it was just my turn to win this year, my only league trophy period here never mind an actual championship.

I'm still half wondering when the rug's going to get pulled out, I'm pleasantly surprised I actually won this league even with being the only team to make the playoffs the last three years. It's my belief that this is the hardest fantasy league to win (or at least hardest free league to win) cause of the 16-team format with detailed IDP's - harder still considering my regular season QB issues, the killer division I'm in, getting off to a 2-3 start and having to win seven in a row just to make the playoffs in the regular season, along with three playoff games. I admit I wanted to rebuild after the first month of the season...but this season is why even in a keeper league you should always try to win now and retool on the fly.

Although the fact this league's so intricate also helped out in that I could find other ways to win when my QB postition turned into a dumpster fire, even my IDP's chipped in with guys like Reshad Jones routinely giving me top production from my DEF. Of course it also helped having steady performers at WR and TE for the entire season and a workmanlike RB...till Stewart got hurt in the fantasy playoffs anyway. And as it turned out, Cousins - my seventh different QB started in a 16-week season - was a godsend during the playoffs and took my team to another level these last two weeks.

#103 NYJFan10, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Grats Swamps! Good work this season pulling out a championship run with Peyton hurt.

5. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

congrats on the win, wish I had the performance from last week in the final round but it is good getting into the playoffs again
    F Chip Kelly and Odell Beckham

6. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

is this getting renewed?

7. NYJFan10

wildthing apparently hasn't even been on the board since April and the baseball league that he used to run is kind of dead now anyway with only a couple teams sort of playing it out. The league seems to be up but if he's not playing/being involved at the very least he's gonna have to transfer his own team and commish powers to someone else.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If you need someone to Commish, I'm willing to do it, or if whoever is commish needs help I'm around for that too.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If commish doesn't show up soon then someone make a new league and add the keepers to each team manually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NYJFan10

It's been fun but I'm not getting trapped in another dead league for the season. Just give my team to someone else if you re-start this.

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

League's been renewed for 2016 since May unless you mean another league. I'm still running this league since unlike the baseball one I have actual control over the league since a LM doesn't have the same power as the league creator does.

Draft and Keeper deadline are still Sept. 7th.

Wish people would contact me first before panicking. Not sure how active people expect me to be a few weeks before the season starts since there's nothing really going on.

12. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

How many keepers? Still 4-6?

13. wildthing202

Yep and you get 7 if you keep 2 IDP.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Rawls on trading block. I have 3 Seahawks as my starters right now so I'm willing to trade him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. NYJFan10

Sorry, I obviously got burned with the baseball league when everyone else including you left which I didn't realize till only two people showed up for the draft. Since you can only leave a league before the draft I didn't want to be holding the bag again managing a team in a dead league just cause, and you hadn't even been active on the board itself over the last several months (according to your profile) much less the league so I figured whatever happened you weren't going to be around to answer a PM.

If you haven't filled my spot yet invite me back before the draft. If you have or just don't care to invite me back that's okay, either way I don't want to stick an active league with a dead team during the draft.

#115 NYJFan10, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  16. wildthing202

Just PM me your email address

Sorry about that but in the baseball league I didn't have the power to kick people out so the in-actives were going to stay no matter what I did. The only one that had that power was the league owner who went MIA. ESPN has some real stupid rules when it comes to league managers/owners and their powers.

7 teams have yet to do their keepers and a couple should fix theirs. The rule is between 4-6 players with the option for 7 only if you keep two defensive players.

And before anyone complains if people fail to do their's I will take the top 6 projected players on the roster even if one of them is a kicker.

17. NYJFan10

PM sent and I already know what I'm doing for my keepers when I get back in.