TGG Forum Declaration - Enough is enough, Bowles circus has to go - #FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

LOL. After a thread full of lame arguments you pull the lamest one of all out of your ass.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Either Harbaugh - whether you believe they'd come or not; McCarthy, Shanahan, Toub, Tomlin if he's fired. Start with those.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Likes?

Really?

4. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

See the problem is my opinion is really about the jets and their fans, not Bowles. If you feel there's a great coaching candidate out there that's worth risking 4 more years of bad to mediocre at best, then state who you got. At least Bowles time is limited to a fraction whereas a new hire being ousted fast would be nothing more than chaos for say, i dunno, the 21-23 year old Hope of the franchise.
    Maybe, just maybe, they finally decide to address the offensive line and they win enough to get to the playoffs. Maybe they get a true pass rusher. Maybe they win despite or because of Bowles. Ya just don't know. But at least you're only stuck with that crap for a year, and you now actually have some pieces in place for a coach of quality to say "ok this isn't a dumpster fire, I'll bite"
    But people just want Bowles fired out of anger for not winning in a season where anyone who was paying attention during the offseason knew they weren't going to. I'm fucking silly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    122-77-2
    Two NFC Championships
    One Super Bowl
    Best overall regular season record in NFC during his time in GB

But sure keep the guy with no playoff appearances, and a .390 winning percentage

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Definitely doing some boozing. I respect it.

Long story short, there are a lot of candidates out there that the front office sould be highly irresponsible to ignore solely because they think it can’t possibly get any better than Bowles. That’s an awful mentality and why no one of importance is going to have it. Campbell, McCarthy, Monken, Koetter, are all guys that should at the very least be interviewed for HC/OC positions.

Edit: and...

#466 BroadwayAaron, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  7. David-The-Meats-Harris

Sure he engineered those seasons all by his lonesome. Sure. But hey, what did kotite do before the jets? Wasn't philly good for a while then start waning, kotited moves to the jets and the truth was out? Sure McCarthy is likely better than Bowles but do ya wanna waste 3-4 finding out, because you hired solely on a name and yesterday? Sure.

8. David-The-Meats-Harris

Lol I don't drink really. Campbell is another risk. Sounds great. Haven't seen him in the NFL for obvious reasons. McCarthy sketches me out. Monken is a reach. Koetter is a big no for me.

McCarthy and Campbell are the only real choices, if the Harbaugh's stick to their word. Both have question marks and you would waste years if they failed. Darnold can't have years of waste. Or at least shouldn't.
    Whereas if you wait 1 more year, get more pieces, and make yourself attractive to a quality coach you might actually have a competitive team for many years. Sorry, the "I only see today" philosophy is not for important people either.

Sent from my SM-G960U directly to Ralebird using Tapatalk

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Are they firing him tonight? Or do you think they do it tomorrow?

fire him asap. Don't even let him fly home with the team

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. David-The-Meats-Harris

I'm going tomorrow

11. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

“New trash”... why is that a given?

Another way to put it... if your girlfriend was ugly, a bitch, and cheated on u left and right...u r saying u would stay with her for another year becuase a potential new gf would be just as bad?

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What basis is there whatsoever for this? How do you know who is going to be available next year?

13. David-The-Meats-Harris

Except you saw your potential new girlfriend had a really cool boyfriend that was capable of winning football games by his lonesome.
    I'm not really assuming I just don't think McCarthy is the answer. The rest of the candidates might have syphilis. At least my current ho only has herpes.

14. David-The-Meats-Harris

I don't, but I know what's available this year.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No one said McCarthy did it by himself but he has a proven body of work yet you refer to him as "a fat turd that lures Homers into a false sense of hope". I have yet to see you post anything quantifiable to justify wanting to keep Bowles.

What Kotite did before the Jets was take players Ryan drafted and Carson coached and then proceeded to expose his inability to coach as those players left. The truth was out long before he came to the Jets.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. David-The-Meats-Harris

Ah so McCarthy hasn't had any bones fall out of his closet. Gotcha.

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The Jets should have some intern packing up Bowles office for him right now at 1 Jets Drive. Get him out of the building asap. Get on the Harbaugh trail immediately.

18. Sec124DieHard

And for the record, Bowles definitely coached in less than ideal scenarios...but he has shown nothing that tells me he can be the guy who can lead this team where we want to go when the pieces are all in place. Even with a good team he shit the bed in Buffalo in the biggest game of his tenure, the biggest reason being his failure to adjust coverage on Watkins.
    His defennse, supposed strong suit, has failed miserably and gotten WORSE, despite $ and draft capital focused heavily that way.
    I cant think of even 1 game in 4 years where he led us to an upset victory, for that matter hardly ANY road victories. A clear sign he is overmatched as a coach and cant outsmart or outscheme an opponent. I can assure you Any good coach would have at least a handful of those type victories in 4 years, even havimg the less talented team.
    He has continuously blown big leads, and is alongst the worst in penalties.
    Now u tell me, what are the positives u see in him?

19. David-The-Meats-Harris

Man if they get Harbaugh that would be my choice. I gotta believe their word though so I'm not getting my hopes up

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  20. Sec124DieHard

Ive never said I wanted McCarthy, but given a choice of only Bowles and McCarthy, im 100% behind MM with no reservations whatsoever

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.