TGG Forum Declaration - Enough is enough, Bowles circus has to go - #FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Seems like you took a lot of the air out when you went with a much less direct title and buried over 2000 posts. Maybe keep the declaration part but change the rest back to the simple, direct #Fire Bowles. Can you recombine it and make easier access to those older posts? They show the evolution of the idea and don't look like it just popped up this week. Thanks.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Is anyone really surprised that he is still employed? There simply no one on staff to replace him... so he stays with all his warts and we get to watch this fool make the following statements.... We are going to look at everything!!!! BUT NOT make any CS changes! say what? Then he says he is going to look at everything and he takes responsibility for the 3-7 record.

I do't buy the article where its states he hasn't lost the team... really, when a team lays down the way it did its a direct reflection on what they think and their level of respect for the HC; irrespective, of the supporting comments by a few. Its a dam shame because IMHO nothing is going to change with this HC and CS....

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I’m so glad we decided to keep Todd for the rest of the season. My money is on Todd getting canned when we lose by 30 to NE.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Funny, I remember Bowles saying he wanted to instill a winning culture when he was hired. So much for that. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Where's the discipline Todd???

6. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I haven't felt this down on the Jets since the Tomahawk Chop/ "Joe Must Go!" days in the old stadium. Funny how things haven't changed much after all these years. :(

Cman68 likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

this just confirms the post I just made above... What a POS this HC is

8. These are all his & Mac’s guys minus Enunwa & Powell who are both team leaders.

This is complete failure. The only saving grace is there are some top leaders in Adams ,Maye & hopefully Sam to move this thing forward

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

@Brook! Can you change the title to #FireBowles and #FireMac?

10. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Bowles should have been gone after season 2 when it was obvious he was over-tasked. The locker room was chaos, there was no team unity, and Gailey and Rodgers were magnificent failures. But the fact he's still here indicates there's a bigger problem, and we all know what that is. The Jets will continue mired in their dedicated quest for frightful mediocrity as long as Woody Johnson owns the team. So even if they fire Bowles tomorrow or at season's end, it's really not going to make any difference until Woody's gone.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Agree that this should merge with the old thread. I want all my old complaints on record.

Kidding.

I really just want Bowles gone.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a consensus on Mac yet among Jet fans. :)

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm going to make a bold prediction. As bad as Bowles is,
    The Jets absolutely will not lose this week !!!

jixxjr, dmarz45 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

There's just no accountability on 1JD and that's the biggest issue. The players "love" Bowles in the way that 6th graders "love" their substitute teacher...

fggrimes and Big Cat like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

WTG Nostradamus !!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

For a second there I thought it was merged until I saw the amount of replies. REVOLT! ; )

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fuck the Jets for not letting Bowles go and I'm not talking about satiating the fans.

I feel bad for Bowles now (more non-game planning for QBs -- losing players, etc...), why expose him to the humiliation he is going to endure the rest of the season?

18. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

1) Bowles will be fired black Monday, i see zero chance of this changing. it's too late to save his job and really don't see them disrupting the team with a mid season firing.
    2) They need to be looking NOW for a football Czar. Someone with knowledge to lead all football opps on behalf of the Johnsons while they stick to the business side.
    3) Mac's job lays in the hands of #2. He hasn't done enough to earn praise and hasn't done poor enough for me to call for his head (yet, though he is definitely trending this way). Either Mac improves having to answer to authority, the Czar kicks his ass to the curb or the Czar leaves him as a lame duck while he begins implementing his plan and getting the lay of the land.

The above is my opinion on how to fix this team. The largest emphasis is on #2. I hate Bob Kraft as much as the next guy but at least he keeps his nose (mostly out of football) and sticks to shaking hands with celebrities and taking selfies with fans. The Johnsons need to follow suit.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Because he deserves it. He's a dumbass. Anyone who considers himself worthy to be a HC and has little or no understanding of both sides of the football, can't manage the clock or time outs, can't make in game adjustments, and can't get his team disciplined and ready to play each week should be publicly humiliated. I despise the SOB and have not one ounce of pity or compassion for him.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree, but I think the day the Johnsons hire a Czar to run the team is the day that hell freezes over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.