TGG Forum Declaration - Enough is enough, Bowles circus has to go - #FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

just a smidgeon...

Harpua likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No. Maybe a tad too far? I'm not moralizing (ha, me of all peope). I shit on almost everything (especially religion and cults), and I'm all for gallows humor - in fact I live for it - but the poor guy was murdered. I know that sounds contradictory because gallows humor . . . murder . . . I don't know, it just seemed like a sorry attempt to say something edgy. I'm sure I would have found it funny if it was somebody shitty, but even then it's not always a requirement. I love dead Pope jokes, got any of those?

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No. I don’t find dead Popes funny.

Not at all.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bowles is history, nothing else to say....

Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street. The first one says "I've never come
    this way before"; the second one replies "Must be the cobbles"

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well Mehta is a confirmed homer, and likely mouthpiece for the Jets (including probably Macc), so maybe he's been fed "the scoop". OTOH, how can he or anyone (like the Johnson Boys!) look at the stats about where Macc's draft results line up to the league average and not go "OMG! Macc has to go!" There is absolutely NO justification for retaining him. Especially if it's true that a number of his picks went against his own assessment and were based on what the CS wanted - how can he have learned anything from that? Would his picks been better? We can't know because they didn't come here to this particular set of circumstances. Or were the picks okay but the coaching the problem? And to have this guy with this track record be involved in choosing the next HC?

This article has all the markings of the J&J Boys floating a trial balloon to see if they can soothe the fans anger with just one head lopped off. If I were a betting man I'd wager Bowles goes and Macc stays - another bridge completed only half way.

boozer32 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

#ExtendBowles

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that'll show 'em!

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What a surprise... Why would any "reasonable" logical individual think that this would work? This mess of a team is the doing of that asinine decision and falls to the stooges that own this club.

At this point it may be better to clean house …. sigh, I'll be dead before these idiots get it right.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hmm. They just reported on FOX the tone of the Jets FO has changed over Bowles and he may not last the whole season now.

If they lose today he may be fired on the spot.

This would be ironic since I predicted the last Buffalo game would his last.

12. Cman68

A lot going on behind the scenes at Florham Pk. I guess that's better than having all the dirty laundry hanging out for all to see like back in the Rex days.

13. ColoradoContrails

The "Fire Bowles" drum beat has reached a loud enough crescendo, and is being repeated as fact by all the major media outlets, so there's really no need to drag it out, they're not doing Bowles any favors. If they win today it might give him a stay of execution, but if they lose, I think the "Ready, Aim" has already happened, and the "Fire" command will be issued.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Thought about this a couple minutes ago but there is no reason for this offense to be worse than it was last year. Regression from Kearse was unexpected, but Enunwa should have been able to take his production and then some. Anderson had a clear regression because him and McCown connected on a crazy amount of deep balls last year, but this year Anderson doesn't seem to be getting any looks deep down field. Herndon is a better receiving threat than ASJ was and ever will be. The loss of Powell definitely hurts our O but it shouldn't hurt us so much as to make us look WORSE than the Sparano 2012 offense.

Now where does all this blame lie you ask? I say Todd Bowles (wow really) and less so Jeremy Bates (wait what). Todd Bowles fired Morton because they were butting heads all season last year, and if you read the interview that Pepper Johnson he had with Dom Consentino after he was fired you get a good idea of why. (found here https://deadspin.com/q-a-pepper-johnson-on-drinking-with-bill-belichick-sp-1828726414). Johnson described coaching the Patriots as a roundtable, everyone got to chip in and BB listened to all his coaches. When asked if that was how Bowles ran things, he said no and was told to stay in "his lane". He later says that Todd just doesn't care. We all remember the reports in the summer saying John Morton was a no-nonsense guy and would call people out for their shit, and my guess is he was doing this with Todd. Todd couldn't handle it so he canned him and left us with Jeremy FUCKING Bates who couldn't properly call an offense if he was given every play the defense was going to run in order from the first to last.

Basically, screw Todd Bowles.

#194 NYJFOREVER, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  15. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Well, you did one good thing on your way out the door. Thank you for not pussing out and kicking the FG.

16. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

It wasn't a coincidence that Sam and the offense started clicking as soon as Bates and Bowles weren't calling the plays.

NY Jets68 and Boomboom like this.
  17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, this changes nothing regarding Bowles' and Bates' long term future, and I never thought they would can Bowles with only 3 games left anyway, despite the supposed rumblings.

Hopefully Darnold showing what he could do when actually allowed to play will get them to let him continue doing it for the next three weeks, and we can see what we have in him.

18. ColoradoContrails

Bowles had nothing to do with this win. This was a case of players rising above the coaching. I love the fact that Darnold stepped up and carried them to a win, but it's too bad that it will probably mean Bowles being able to finish the season now.

fggrimes likes this.
  19. Cman68

The Bills helped out immensely with their own brand of Batesball. They got stupid on defense too. The winner today made the plays they had to make when they had to make them. They also made fewer stupid penalties than the loser as well. Two bad teams slugged it out today and we won.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And it will hurt our draft position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.