TGG Film Break Down of Draft's Pass Rushers

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I now many do like Burns better. I don't like him better, but I do like him. Allen showed a ton of skills in that game. You claimed the defense got destroyed and they gave up 7 points. What exactly are you watching? Allen had a couple sacks, several pressures and had two holding penalties against him.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If you tell me he had 2 sacks , I believe ya. The K Defense as a whole played well..not just because of J Allen and his ego. Agree to disagree here. Let's see what happens this week. If 2 pass rushers are signed I doubt we are drafted one...chances are better then for trade down

3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Ah, I see now. I guess Allen did something to rub a little sand in your vagina. Out of curiosity, what was it? Was it something he said or something he did?

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Only thing I really want to see Josh Allen improve on early is his lack of pass rush moves. He has great bend and speed off the edge, but I would like to see some more moves as well as a counter. Burns has him beat in terms of the technique.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Did Allen accumulate most of his 17 sacks against bad teams/bad OL's ? Garbage time ?

How many PRESSURES and HITS did he get compared to others last year ?

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I gotta respectfully disagree with you regarding Allen and Bosa. I like Allen better, but even if Bosa is a little better, it's only a little. Allen isn't head and shoulders below Bosa. What is this stuff about Allen's ego? Where is that coming from. Because he thinks he deserves to be the #1 pick? I like that kind of attitude. IMO he's a very good player, has great character, is a hard worker, and whomever gets him in the draft will be very happy.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

burns has allen beat in technique (bends just as well, but also has great stutter step and spin moves to the inside) and has allen beat athletically too

https://3sigmaathlete.com/sparq-rankings-2019/edge/

burns is looking like the top edge guy to me

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

I think in time, Allen can develop those pass-rush moves, but I don't know if Burns is better athletically. Allen in his own right has more of a burst, more natural bend and is more complete as a player. If you want a linebacker that can do it all, Allen is your guy. If you want just a pass rusher off the gate, then Burns is your guy.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. All Gas No Shake

they seemed to be equal on the burst front from the film ive seen. the combine was the tie breaker for me ... and i think burns bends just as well as allen

i dont want my top-five edge guy dropping into coverage too often anyway so im going with the guy thats the more natural pass rusher

10. 101GangGreen101

When that ball comes out quick, sometimes its good to have someone that has good awareness to deflect passes and such. He plays the run very well, Jets tend to want linebackers that can play all 3 downs. I think Von Miller has the best burst and bend we've seen in a long time, Allen was also able to be productive based off those skills alone. Not saying he's Von Miller, but has relatable skill-sets.

11. All Gas No Shake

despite his slight frame, burns plays the run well, too

lots of guys have been productive in college with just a speed rush and then struggle in the league. but not many edge guys have been successful in the pros at burns past playing weight

im torn on these two but if we can land burns after trading down a few spots, i think thats the way to go

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

oh yeah no doubt, if I can get a 2nd round pick for trading down and get Burns then sign me up

Harpua, themorey and All Gas No Shake like this.