TGG Draft Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Steve032, Apr 25, 2009.

1. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

OH and since you felt compelled to correct my Clemens spelling.

Your sentence reads "Enough of YOU ARE uneducated darksider nonsense." the correct spelling is Y-O-U-R.

:)

2. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Slauson

[​IMG]

Now that's a f*cking lineman, hell yeah!

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

We got a meanie!

I fucking love it.

4. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

Incredibly successful. But not necessarily POPULAR.

I think we will find a lot of low grades in tomorrow's stupid reports. (grading the day after the draft is dumb)

5. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

You're right. THAT IS a good plan. And if Sanchez turns out to be a stud, then it could all work out. But that is on paper. And often when you're dealing with intangibles paper doesn't work - if it did Ryan Leaf would be a future hall of famer.

Again, I disagree with moving up for Sanchez - we COULD have had Freeman at 17 - then had a WR in the 2nd. And had we done THAT, then moving up for Greene might have been more palatable.

I'll be interested in seeing if we have any more moves this season

6. Kamen

Kamen New Member

I get that strategy too, i mean i am no scout, but from what i hear Freeman is years away and Sanchez is a lot more polished on the field and off. He may not have the lazer rocket arm but it is better all around fit for the offense we are trying to build. I mean if you do not agree, then nothing that can be done, you will just have to learn to love Sanchez because he is gonna be around for a while

7. Kamen

Kamen New Member

Buy just think is Freeman and Brandon Tate equal to Sanchez, you know it is not

8. hawkeyeGreene76

hawkeyeGreene76 New Member

ive read through some of your comments about Greene and as someone who watched every play of his last year i will weigh in.

-Guy will be 25 but has very few miles on his legs. You are gonna get a physically mature man with fresh legs. He'll be around for awhile and is nfl ready.
    -Dude is not book smart but hes a very efficient football player. He follows blocks as good as anyone and his vision is very good.
    - For being 235 lbs, Shonn Greene is nimble on his feet. Very good footwork and as opposed to what some ill informed analysis has to say, he has great balance. You will only take him down by getting low under his knees.
    -He runs at you like a Mack Truck. gang tackling takes him down. He is fearless and will run you over. His yards after contact are ridiculous. There is a catch against ISU where he drives the pile(all 11 ISU defenders) forward 3-4 more yards. Its on one of the youtube highlights.
    - He doesnt have blazing fast speed but like other big backs, hes a bowling ball that mows down opponents. He was taking out MSU defenders left and right in the second half of their game. He wears opponents down. What compliments his size though is his footwork. He runs instinctively and hits the hole. Doesnt have the breakway speed but has a very nice initial burst through holes.
    -His lower body strength is great. he churns and finishes plays.

-He was a consensus all american. No defense(he played a couple good ones) could really even contain him. He went for over 100 and over 5 ypc against the Minnesota Gophers who stacked the box with 9!

- Hes every bit as good as the other backs. Hes faulted for not having breakaway speed and this for him is misleading. Dude was still getting better. Before he was ruled academically ineligible, he was one of the fastest players on Iowa. He was said to run in the 4.45 range at 230. Hes still maturing back into his ideal times and the significant jumps in his numbers at the Iowa pro-day kind of lead into this. Im kind of excited to see if he can get back to his topnotch speed.

-his main question mark is his pass catching ability and though i dont think hes amazing at it, its more of a question mark then a demerit. Iowa doesnt throw to the rb very often. He wasnt given the repetitions to prove himself.

I think Beanie Wells has a little more athletic ability but i think Greene's instincts and footwork are better. You guys drafted a late 1st-early second type talent that is room ready. There is a reason Rex Ryan had a big grin on his face. Got a very good rb that doesnt get his dues.

9. jcjet

jcjet Member

ts tried to trade back into round one to get receiver Percy Harvin

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

BEARS TRIED TO TRADE FOR BOLDIN
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2009, 1:17 p.m.

"?Given that the Jets tried to trade back into round one to get receiver Percy Harvin and have yet to pick a wideout, don?t be shocked if the Mike Tannenbaum Job Security Desperation Tour includes an effort to send one or more conditional 2010 draft picks to the Cards for Boldin.

If, after all, the Jets stink this year, Tannenbaum wouldn?t be in New York to not use the picks he?d be shipping to Arizona.'

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Already a thread on it. But I am THRILLED it didn't happen.

11. jcjet

jcjet Member

Didn't see it sorry

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yes I'm bored...

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm usually against people bumping old ass threads like these, but I'm glad this one was. This is pure comedic relief.

"We just got the next great NFL QB." :rofl:

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Zach...was dead on!

15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

wow some of these old posts are a joke lol

moving towards this draft... It's the most important draft we have had in years... Plenty of holes to fill... BUT most importantly we need to add cap friendly youth to this organization!

16. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Absolutely not a criticism of any one person or the fanbase, but it's threads like these that remind me just how little we (fans in general) actually know about these players. Hell, the draft itself shows how little the guys know that are paid to know!