TGG Draft Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Steve032, Apr 25, 2009.

1. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

No. Not even close. Maybe for getting Sanchez, but his other two moves were, at best, incredibly questionable.
    I don't care about next year, and if I did, I'd be pissed that we got a grand total of zero picks for next season. I care about winning in 2009, and Mike T did nothing to ensure that.

2. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

So THAT'S the plan! Pray that Sanchez turns out like Flacco. Now I feel so much better about this whole draft.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

"Who?!?! I've never heard of him!!! We coulda drafted a #1 receiver in the 6th round!" - Typical retarded Jets' fan

4. Kamen

Kamen New Member

We can not trade Thomas Jones, he is the offense. Shonn Greene and Leon can not be the focal point of are run first offense.

5. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I like Tanny's philosophy which is seemingly try to get at least 2 guys a draft who will stick and produce. That's about what you would find on average if you took 7 picks per year. He made 3 and let's hope these two stick and produce. They both look good on paper.

This could be a tough year but we have a good coach, and a good nucleus. Maybe we will find a gem in Clowney. We need VG to produce.

I'll be happy with 4-12 if we play our hearts out and keep getting better. The future looks good.

6. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

So then we're back to where we were in Vinny T's last season here? No receivers. We'll kill Greene's legs like we killed Martin's. Then what? No, this offense has no receivers, no depth.

7. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The odds of any WR we drafted in the 6th round making an impact in the near future are pretty low. OL depth on the other hand is always good to have unless you want us to resign Adrian Clarke.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Enough of you're uneducated darksider nonsense. You called Tom Brady a JAG; anybody who stepped in for Tom Brady would've been just as successful. That is completely false.

You said Chad Pennington would've had success but we surrounded him with a lousy o-line and lousy coaching. Chad was surrounded by an excellent line; his frequent injuries resulted in the coach being fired and the o-line wanting more money than we could afford to give him.

I boiled those arguments down to "idiot" so I could concentrate on the draft.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The success of Thomas Jones had more to do with the OL than it did with Thomas Jones.

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

The same Vinny T that got us 1 half away from the superbowl. NICE.

We have the best Running game in the AFC, a TE with awesome hands. And a QB who can (hopefully) make plays. I don't see what you're afraid of.

11. Kamen

Kamen New Member

For next year i hate to brake it too you but it is. Whether it is Clemens or Sanchez who starts the plan will be run the hell out of the ball and mix in some safe passes. That has been the plan all along with Ryan. If your not aware it has worked well for the Ravens for years.

12. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

OLG in the 6th was probably our BEST pick in the draft. Linemen late in the game is always a smart gameplan.

And while I hate the Sanchez pick, giving up MORE picks for the RB in the 3rd was the BIG MISTAKE. We could have had a WR in the third. He might not have been an immediate impact, but he would have been some support for Sanchez. Moving down and picking up more picks would have been the SMART thing to do.

TJ is a JET this year. And we haven't had a popular draft since 00

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Incredibly questionable?? do you live under a fucking rock??!!!

the Jets FO have said they want to pound the ball on the ground this year.....Rex re-iterated the same sentiment earlier today after the Shonn Greene pick (another stellar pick btw).

how the fuck is that questionable??

That's how the NYG win football games.....heavy run game w/ playaction....coupled with a stifling defense.

I love the direction Tanny/Rex are steering the franchise in.....it's just that some of you are too retarded or too short-sighted to see the whole picture. Have some patience.

14. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

The Ravens...who have lost consistantly to the Steelers with that plan.

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

What did Thomas Jones do before he had an offensive line here? Nothing.He was average. A RB needs to be good, but he can't be great without a line to block. That's why we were successful. Don't be duped into thinking Thomas Jones is a word class back.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I'm a football star...

I'm pop-u-larrr.

I've got my own car...

I'm pop-u-larrr.

17. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

I believe there was only 2 WRs in this draft that could start over what we have, and that was Crabtree and Maclin. Getting Sanchez was worth going with what we have. If our guys stay healthy, they will surprise everyone. Kinda like the young GB receivers a year or so ago, they will come into their own this year.

18. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

2006, 2007, and 2008 Drafts were widely considered successful at the time

Considering teams were giving up 2nd round picks in NEXT years draft to move up in the 3rd, I don't care about giving up our picks this year.

2nd rounder next year > late round this year.

19. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

Were you even watching the JETS in 2000? Our O line was uneven at best. Mawae was anchoring a hodgepodge of learners and it was the beginning of his decline in pass protection. (He got his pro-bowl votes off of dominant blocking for Curtis Martin)

Vinny wasn't protected. Chad wasn't protected. And the games that CleMens played he DEFINITELY wasn't protected. The line FINALLY fell into place 2 years ago.

So Cotchrocket (SO clever btw) we can continue this discussion as we watch Cassel have a miserable season, Chad lead Miami to the playoffs again, and the Sunshiners come up with a million reasons why the JETS aren't successful on Offense.

Thank you SO much for your intelligent, insightful, and insulting conversation.

20. Kamen

Kamen New Member

This offense is clearly not a finished product yet, and wont be by the time the season starts. What has to be realized is that by drafting Sanchez and Greene we are focusing on the future of this offense.

Its called building inside out and it is really effective since you guys seem to know nothing about football. We first built a strong O-Line, Drafted Ferguson, Mangold, brought in Faneca, Woody to go with Moore. Then we got a running game brought in Thomas Jones to go with Leon Washington, and now drafted Shonn Greene for the future. Then we got the FRANCHISE QB in Sanchez, i do not care what you think bc he was selected 5th and that mean he is to them, who can grow under strong offensive core. Then next year add some WR's when he is ready to utilize them, and the offense if dynamic. That is the how it works and while you may be to ignorant to realize it has been done really well. So stop finding something to complain over and enjoy the fact we just took a huge step in the development of the franchise.