TGG.com FFKL 2013 Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This is what I thought-
    David would be a top 5 IDP. (He may have actually turned out to be exactly that. Have not looked at year-to-date IDP #s)

Vereen would rush for 400-600 yards, catch 70 passes and score 7-10 times. Prorate his numbers to 16 games and maybe you get something close to my projection.

I thought Gordon would go something like 80-1100-8.

Being we could only start 3 WRs max and I already had Calvin Johnson and was weak at RB, I felt Vereen was the way to go.

David was kept based on expected value over other players at his position. He was in double digits a lot and definitely helped me get to the title game.

Again, this is not solely about specific players. The draft order being botched was an outrageous error that cannot happen in a long term league.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Appreciate it everyone. It was unfortunate that Cakes team had so many injuries but it's out of his control.

I'm really happy to have won this league and turn around my team, I thought I was in for a big down year this year yet I was able to win it all. Props to everyone being so available over the season in terms of trade talks and the league in general. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming offseason!

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your overall point. Honestly I forgot where I'd finished last season and half figured the non-playoff draft order was randomized to prevent tanking anyway once the snafu got pointed out during the draft. Especially since it was only the non-playoff teams that got screwed up because of the inane consolation bracket.

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

As for the Gordon thing, didn't mean to bring up any drama just thought it was an interesting thing going into the game. No need to fight over it fellas.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

To complain about it once? No. To bitch about it non stop during the draft, and then to whine about it and beg for compensation in a separate message in October...yeah you were wrong to do that. At the very least you came off like a girl on the rag.

Complaining about the specific player after he broke out was just lame too, since there are a quite a few other ways you could have acquired him if you really wanted him.

Finally, the fact that you didn't even run the team the whole year before and the fact that the other guy left a stacked team for you just made it ridiculous. But whatever man, good job setting the former owners roster this year and good luck next year if you decide to stay.

#145 Organized Chaos, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  6. Organized Chaos

If it were a money league, you might have a point. Otherwise who cares? It's a league for fun where people who post on a certain forum also play. It's not serious business, and as far as I can tell it was an honest mistake. If the commish just gave the #1 pick to whomever I could see being pissed, but the built in software set the draft order based on last years standings including the playoffs.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jeez. Who shits in your breakfast every morning? Or are you mad because you are an also-ran?

Yeah, I inherited Romo and Johnson which was big. I guess Witten was the third holdover. Nobody else regularly used this year was an inherited player.

According to you, I will have to trade those three players to prove I am a good fantasy player. Trading those three could easily be arranged.

8. Organized Chaos

It's amusing that you're trying to create false reasons for what I've written to you, when I've clearly stated my case.

It's almost like you can't comprehend that someone would be put off by your poor attitude and behavior.

I don't like to see a league commissioner being given shit when they're taking their time to set up a league just for fun. Calling his league "rinky dink" because ESPN software didn't work the way you wanted it to just makes you look like more of an asshole.

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Congrats to Johnny ThaJet for winning the title this season. Rosters are now locked and I'm still taking suggestions for the owners vote which will take place in January.

Draft order
    1. Wombats
    2. NYJ UNC
    3. Revenge
    4. Hellcats
    5. MSUJet
    6. Boys Club
    7. Ain't Easy
    8. Avalanche
    9. Greenballs
    10. Blitzer
    11. Boss
    12. Swamps(won H2H in week 5)
    13. Mean Machine
    14. Cromartie Bunch
    15. Cattle
    16. ThaJet

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Surely, you did not think I was serious.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Other than apologize about the order being messed up, there is nothing for the commissioner to do. It is like when referees mess up a key play that turns a game.
    edit (didn't finish the thought here earlier)--- What happens in those cases is the league sends an apology letter to the team that got screwed. I'm not sure if the commissioner ever apologized. I truly do not recall. That is all he could have done.

He broke out in 2012.

Also, I don't propose trades.

#150 Cakes, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The draft could have been paused and the order could have been fixed. Earlier in the year, I was in an ESPN draft where the commissioner paused it because half the league was not aware of an important rule. Then there was a vote and 20 minutes later the draft started.

The day of this league's draft I had a 4.5 hour round trip drive to work, worked 7 hours and then had to drive another 30 minutes after I got home because I could not get online at home. To then arrive at my parents' house and find the draft order to be wrong...jeez. Rightfully so, I raised a ruckus that night. By design, I was not going to mention Gordon's name again until he had a good game and that would be it. Now, if somebody else mentioned him, then I might respond to that (see this thread). Asshole? Fine. If that is what you want to call me, cool.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is fine. You were not looking to start any trouble. It was a dead issue after my long post, but then the other guy wanted to make a further issue out of it.

Good luck next year in your quest to repeat.

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Now my guys go nuts(Forte, Brees, Boldin)......

14. United

United New Member

realignment! less keepers! moar funnnnn

15. Organized Chaos

Funny you pm me asking to lay off then talk more shit.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wow.

Check the timestamps.

No shit was talked to you since the time a few days before Christmas when I was defending myself.

How about this? You bring this Gordon thing up every month for the next 17 years.

There I was on Christmas night trying to send a peace offering and there you go looking to start trouble again here in February.

Let it go. I am not in the league anymore. Move on with your life. I still don't know why YOU were so bothered by it in the first place. So what if some other dude was bitching about a botched draft order. It bothered you because you let it bother you. The only people who had a legit reason to be mad about it were me and the commissioner.

17. Organized Chaos

I can always count on you to reply with 11 times the word count of whatever I said, with a rant that is an epic mix of persecution complex and passive aggressive behavior.

You cry to drop things, but feel like you always have to have the last word. Seriously, are you a teenage girl? If so this is all understandable.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I do not need the last word. I am secure.

Respond with any garbage you want.

19. Organized Chaos

If you didnt, you wouldnt have replied with a lame disclaimer.