TGG.com FFKL 2013 Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Sep 10, 2013.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Great game Wildthing!

[YOUTUBE]75Ua7yJhdcA[/YOUTUBE]

#121 JohnnyThaJet, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Once again me and Cromartie lose in the semis. This marks the 3rd straight year I play Cromartie during title week(1 title, 2 runner-up).

3. JohnnyThaJet

Theres actually an interesting story line to this championship matchup. Wyoming Cattle was supposed to keep Gordon in the off season but something happened where he ended up not keeping him. Now, hes on my team, playing against him for the title. Funny how things go.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He wasn't on his roster last year...Cattle wanted to draft him a couple rounds into the draft but the draft order got screwed up. Then again he had a couple of picks during the draft before Gordon got taken so it's not like he didn't have a chance at him regardless.

This could be a strange one-and-done if he wins...from losing record to league champion to managerial change (since he swore he was out of here after this season because of the draft snafu).

5. JohnnyThaJet

Totally read his post wrong, thought he meant he had a pick that was suppose to be Gordon, not that he was suppose to have the first pick. Either way, interesting story line. He has a pretty solid team, If he drops it someone would be getting a nice group of players.

Is he apart of TGG? Im assuming no.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I may not leave. I have to mull it over for a week or so. I will write to the commissioner and have an answer by the end of this calendar year at the latest.

I took over an 0-9 team last year. I am fairly certain Shane Vereen was one of my free agent acquisitions last year. I know Lavonte David and Chris Ivory were. Nine months later when it was time to announce keepers, I could only keep two of those three. (My other keepers included no-brainers such as Tony Romo and Calvin Johnson.)

I deemed David keeper worthy because he was already a top notch LB as a rookie and was going to be an excellent IDP in fantasy football. So my final choice came down to the RBs. I thought Vereen was more valuable in a PPR league due to his pass catching ability. However, I kept Ivory because this is a Jets fan league. I thought Ivory would go very early. I felt Vereen could be exposed, but there would be a good chance I could get him right back. I would not have gotten Ivory back.

I was under the belief that as the owner of the team with the worst record and fewest points scored in 2012 ᤾that I would have the first pick. Okay, so then what difference does it make as to which RB I keep when I can just pick the other one with the first pick? Well, it was because I kept the IDP. I felt David must not be made available to anyone else. Because I kept the extra player, there was going to be a whole round where my pick was already made. So there were going to be a few picks made before my first one.

Draft night came and the order was not right. The commissioner had the ability to halt the draft and fix the order before picks were made, but he may have not known that. Okay, fine, I thought. As long as I get Josh Gordon, I will be fine and as for being screwed by commish and/or ESPN error, I will not make a peep if I get the guy I want.

I proceeded to repeatedly mention this as the first two round of picks were made (the abbreviated first round for those owners who kept one less player than other owners and then the round where I drafted Vereen). Then in the next round where I was saddled with pick 5 or 6 instead of pick 1, I was to draft Gordon. Unfortunately, he was picked immediately before me and, rightfully so, I got annoyed.

It was pointed out that I could have drafted Gordon anyway. Yes, I could have taken him instead of Vereen, but the positional value of Vereen was more important. That does not change the fact that Gordon still would have been my player if the draft order was not botched.

Beyond the Gordon aspect, my title game opponent is interesting for another reason. I helped my opponent win the baseball league this year or last (some player and trade advice was offered).

I am very pleased to have gotten out of the semifinals. I escaped embarrassment. I added Cousins and Todman to both potentially start last week. The idea was that Todman would start over Vereen (did not love matchup vs Miami) if MJD was going to sit out the game vs Buffalo and I would flip a coin as to who to start at QB. Well, Sunday came and I had no time
    to look at MJD's status. I then left my lineup as I had it set a few days earlier. This is evidenced by the fact Wright was on my bench. He had been hurt at Denver and he was questionable for Week 15. Had I known that he was cleared to play, he would have been back in my lineup as he was a regular starter for me.

I had 153 points on my bench. The Stevie Johnson vs Wright slot cost me almost 27 points. Vereen vs Todman was also costly.

This Sunday will be different. I will not be running around doing things. I can watch the NFLN pregame show and look at inactive lists.

So that's that. There were not multiple picks made by me before Gordon went. Gordon was on all my teams in 2012, except for this league which I joined just before Week 10. I recognized him as a top 5 talent at WR. I may have taken him over Vereen if I thought Cleveland had competent QB play. However, I still may not have because I really did want Vereen and thought losing him when he was already my player would have stung more than not acquiring a player I never owned in this league.

Hopefully, this clears it up. I woke up in the middle of the night and figured what the heck, time to write.

Good luck to you, JohnnyThaJet. Hopefully, we each start the right players. If we each do that, then it is fine. That way the loser doesn't have to beat himself up as I would be doing now had my team not held on last week.

#126 Cakes, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

lol....seriously?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What is your issue? Are you questioning my evaluation of the players? I could write a multi-paragraph document on the players in question, but I don't want a silly response from you again. It would be a waste of time for everyone.

Incorrect information was put out there. I clarified it.

The draft order was screwed up. That is a fact.

If you had been pushed back 4 or 5 spots in the order would you have been happy about that?

9. NYJFan10

So you gonna roster a CB to start for the championsip game, Cakes?

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, Shields was added.

Now I have to worry about if Calvin Johnson will play. If he does not play, then I will start Andre Holmes.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

So I reacquired Vaccaro today, started him and he got injured.

12. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Two straight bad weeks for Brees.......would of taken a miracle to win the title.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

JTJ should win this. Johnson, Woodhead and Vereen would need huge second halves for my team to get back in this. Johnson is not 100%. The Patriots are up big and probably won't be passing it to Vereen much anymore.

14. NYJFan10

I would have won this one too if you didn't knock me out in the first round after my point totals the last two weeks. Oh well can't have it all, I won my other league with a miracle five-game winning streak after I was 4-7 and out of it.

JTJet is certainly a worthy winner for how he remade his team through the season though, congrats.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Good job with the winning in the regular season and getting it done in the playoffs, JTJ.

The Josh Gordon thing was done in October. I really didn't want to revisit it, but the incorrect info from two people warranted it. Anyway, no further reason to go there.

16. Organized Chaos

You can write as many pages as you'd like to justify keeping an IDP over a guy you thought was a top 5 WR but it really wouldn't make a difference in my opinion about it, nor would it change my opinion of your nonstop bitching about it.

17. Organized Chaos

Grats to JTJ, lots of great in season moves this year.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Nonstop? I did it twice. Once before the draft started and once in October. It was a dead topic till others brought it back from the dead.

Let me ask you something. Was I wrong to complain? Th e David issue is a non-issue by the way. I did not keep David over Gordon. Gordon was never my player.

I was dropped 4 spots in the order due to commissioner and/or ESPN error. I was supposed to be at spot 1. I was placed at spot 5. Gordon went at 4.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It wasn't even only about Gordon. The draft order being botched made the league look rinky-dink. With so many leagues to join, you don't want to play in one where the draft order is wrong. I asked myself, "What the heck did I get into by joining this league?"

In the end, I am not mad. Errors happen. Nobody is perfect. I will leave so that you guys do not have to be bothered by me.

20. NYJFan10

I'm glad the Gordon thing didn't make a difference in who won this week in the end. The only thing I posted that was 'incorrect' was I thought you had two draft picks before Gordon was taken, you had one. You did in effect prioritize keeping David over drafting Vereen/Gordon though, even if you didn't actually have Gordon.