Terror attack in Las Vegas and now Cali

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

May ELE be with you! :)

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

No. I'm sorry your grandfather hated you

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Man, you guys would freak if you saw the posts on the gun forum I post on. It gets scary AF. Very knowledgeable people but the way some talk about revolution, uprising if the Republicans don't win, waiting for RBG to die.

I love shooting. It's a lot of fun. But I'm all for reasonable legislation. I'd absolutely carry if I could but this club situation is the perfect example of when not to draw your sidearm. And they consider me a liberal extremist there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

If she really loves you, she would fart in return. It would be like two wildebeests calling to each other in the wild. Better yet, do it front of house-guests. No, wait, I got it, Nelson Eddy and Jeanette McDonald, 'Indian Love Call'. Throw some toots in there in between when I'm calling y-o-o-o-o-o, you will answer t-o-o-o-o-o. Perfect.

7. jetophile

I'm far more interested to know their opinions on the shooting/shootings and not about a select few babbling about anarchy. What's the general vibe? How can this sort of thing be prevented according to responsible gun owners? I still don't think that vetting is exhaustive enough, because stable people don't snap and flip out and/or have a slow burn and plan this stuff. You can't take mental instability out of the equation, but even if the applicant has never been hospitalized, there has to be a better way without compromising privacy. Now that's a lot to ask for, huh? HIPAA is a joke in the first place. If people only knew.

And for anyone ex-military who has seen and had to do horrible things and is suffering from PTSD, micro-dosing with MDMA has been doing wonders, as in close to 70% alleviation of symptoms. Same thing for intractable anxiety and depression and also micro-dosing with LSD and psilocybin (but not at the same time). Lasting positive effects, and the evidence is mounting. The psilocybin effect has been a known entity for years, but research kept getting stalled because Big Pharma couldn't get their filthy hands on it. I just wanted to share that with people who suffer. You never know when a random comment can help someone.

8. Greenday4537

Most of them believe that it's either crazy people that can't be stopped because laws don't stop people like that. Or that it's some kind of George Soros black flag conspiracy. I'll write more later when I get back from the airport.

9. jetophile

This belongs in the airport thread. Just give us an ending, that's all I ask.

10. Greenday4537

Would you like a happy ending...?

Anywho, a lot of it comes down to laws that don't stop these kinds of things. California already banned high capacity magazines but this psycho used one anyway. Gun-free zones are ignored by criminals. You get the idea. Most gun laws seem to be feel good laws to make it look like they are addressing the issue but in fact only hurt law-abiding citizens.

I'm all for better background checks. Right now, in order to purchase a rifle in NJ, you need to have no felonies, two references, and never been committed. Not exactly tough for most people.

It's very hard to enforce many laws. Private sales are supposed to be done thru a FFL holder but no way anyone would find out. Unless you make it super obvious, straw purchases would be easy to do.

Honestly, I don't have an answer. I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and the right to protect oneself but I also realize way too many people use guns in an irresponsible manner and the consequences are deadly.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's a bit more like the horn echoing off the fjords in The Vikings to be honest. Pa PARP Parrrrp.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t think “Gun Free” zones are ignored by criminals, I think they are targeted. Because they know there will be no resistance or chance of being shot back at.

When was the last time a mass shooting occurred at a rodeo or town BBQ in Texas or an outdoorsman show?

13. Greenday4537

I don't know. It's not like NJ has had many mass shootings in any place despite stricter laws than the rest of the country.

14. jetophile

I love onomatopoeia. ZZZZZzzzzzzpppppffffffffffffffffffffffttttt!!! If it doesn't fizzle out at the end you must hang your head in shame as a requirement because you failed! That's when you're awake. . . .

However, who amongst thee hasn't gotten the silent but deadly treatment in the middle of the night? "Oh, my GOD!!!" It wafts up the comforter into your nostrils and bombs you like the Enola Gay. And then you have to fan out the covers so you can breathe and then follow it up with a body shove. Holy Hell. And of course there's a half-asleep snicker, what else.

15. Rollo Tomassi

You’re trying to prove the negative.

Look at where most of the shootings occur.

Schools. Churches. Gun free zones.

There will be a mass shooting in NJ.

And it’s not going to be at a police benefit.

It’ll be at a hospital.

Where guns “aren’t allowed”.

Just saying that makes me laugh.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Where in the Constitution does it say gun owners have to be responsible? If you want real answers we should be asking psychotic, violent, drug addicted gun owners for their ideas on a solution. Responsible gun owners have their guns unloaded and locked up. They don't have a clue.

17. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

The world sadly is not a safe place. No matter where you put it. You can't go anywhere and not feel safe.

18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i believe theyre referring to this ...

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

JetBlue likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Armed Police officers have been targeted and shot to death on a regular basis in this country. The worst gun attack was in Las Vegas. It's legal to carry open or concealed in Las Vegas. There are so many gun shows in Las Vegas the hotel allowed the guns to be taken up to the hotel room the guy used.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Cops aren’t shot in these mass shootings and Las Vegas was from a snipers perch.

Most of these mass shootings take place in Gun Free Zones.

I can’t believe that’s just a coincidence.

If a mass shooting happens at a PBA event or a town BBQ in Texas I’ll rethink my position.

Pretty sure schools, hospitals, churches and the like are more vulnerable, and therefore more enticing, targets.