Terror attack in Las Vegas and now Cali

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I know I haven't posted a lot lately but Las Vegas has been attacked, multiple shooters reported and from what I am hearing dozens killed. I was on LV Blvd an hour and a half before this all happened but I am ok. Most of my friends are ok, the videos coming out are horrific.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Jesus. Here we go again

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fucking crazy

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

5. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

20 dead
    100 plus injured

Thinking it will be worse

6. Barry the Baptist

It's going to be worse.....

I've to some friends who work for one of the ambulance companies and apparently it is a war zone.

There is one shooter and he is dead.... police killed him

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not the news you want to see when you wake up. So sad. @Barry the Baptist , I am glad you are OK my friend.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  8. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

50 dead
    200 injured
    America is waking up to a tragedy

9. Barry the Baptist

Over 50 dead and I'm expecting this number to rise , this is now the worst mass shooting in American history and I am in disbelief.

Shooter is dead, female person of interest is in police custody

zace likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sounds like automatic weapon...we need stricter gun laws sorry

The NRA will tell you it's not the guns but the people using them. Well if most of our society is mentally ill that's not an answer and try to explain that to the victims..

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I am just sick. What a goddamn hump. Gunman has been identified as Stephen Paddock, a 64 year old white guy from a retirement community. Details are seeping out, but it sounds like he was an angry disenfranchised loser who was "known to police" - whatever that means - but has no criminal record. ISIS has been calling for lone wolves to target Vegas and take out a large number of people for some months now, but it seems like straight up domestic terrorism. Terrorism by any other name is still terrorism. What an a-hole. I'm glad he's dead. Condolences to the families of those poor people. Jesus.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

My friend and his wife were there, they are ok physically but man are they shaken up.

Condolences to families of deceased.

Sad to see what's going on in the world today, seriously seems like the world is on the brink of implosion. Too many problems and stressors and no relief in sight.

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. jetophile

Well, that was inevitable.

Boo on NBC. I didn't link the article because I don't feel like giving them clicks. If you terrorize innocent people and kill them, you're a terrorist. How is murdering upwards of 50 people and injuring a few hundred others (yeah, it's up to 400 now) not an act of terror? Whether of not he acted alone doesn't change it, whether or not the shooting was tied to radical Islamic extremists doesn't change it. The shooter terrorized those people. I'm sure NBC will alter that statement.

#14 jetophile, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Royal Tee likes this.
  15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
      "the fight against terrorism"
    terrorism requires not just the unlawful use of violence against civilians but for political aims. If this guy was just crazy and had no political agenda it inherently can't be terrorism.

Besides, country music equals white southerners equals conservative christians equals trumptards equals these are people that people wish death upon across social media daily. Nobody should be shedding a tear now that their prayers have been answered.

Walt White and ChrebetCrunch like this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Automatic weapons are mostly illegal and extremely heavily regulated. You basically have to deal directly with the ATF to get one.

If the existing laws didn't work, more laws probably will. It's science.

FJF and JulesWinfield89 like this.
  17. jetophile

I know the technical definition. I'm just mad, and for the record, I wouldn't shed a tear over any mass murdering POS, but I fully understand your point and it's a valid one.

No doubt he was "affiliated" with something, even if it was in his own mind. I just heard that he sued a hotel or something (?) and lost, and that local police from his town had run-ins with him several times but he was never arrested. His house was raided. Sounding more and more like a disgruntled postal worker type thing. F him just the same.

18. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

As sure as I'm sitting here this was planned. This was not some random work of a lunatic. He was armed to the teeth and prepared to carry this out and we don't yet know what group put him up to it

19. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

You could kill 100 people with a car you liberal fucktard

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Horrible tragedy. ISIS is supposedly claiming that this person is their "soldier" who recently converted to Islam.

As for automatic weapons, in order to obtain one legally, you'd have to go through a lengthy process that involves fingerprints , a waiting period and a $200 NFA tax. The same applies to suppressors, SBRs (short barreled rifles) and a few other things. One can't just walk into a gun shop and buy one. A skilled gunsmith, however, can most likely turn a semi auto into a full auto, but that's illegal.

It does suck that law abiding gun owners have to suffer because of the few nut jobs.