Terrified of us whiffing with Mayfield

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Boomer da G.O.A.T, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

I just keep having this vision of us taking Mayfield, Rosen falling and the Patriots working a way up to get him. And in 5 years time they have another stud QB and we're looking for our next FQB.

Somebody hold me

2. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

There’s good reason to be terrified of mayfield the odds don’t favor him being the star in the pros that he was at OU

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

It will all be over soon. At this point I think it’s safe to say that nobody knows anything, because all these reporters are hedging their bets.

I’d be thrilled if we winded up with Rosen or Darnold, OK with Allen, and disappointed if its Mayfield.

That said after its all said and done these guys are going to have play and we will find out for sure who is the best one.

That said despite reports I’d be very surprised if McCagnan and Dorsey ended up picking Mayfield over the other three. Say what you want about Allen, Rosen, and Darnold but they all seem like mild mannered/solid guys who will at least won’t embarrass you off the field. You can’t say that about Baker, especially in a market like this.

If there is one QB in this draft that would be on TMZ its Baker Mayfield. That is why you cannot consider him with a top 3 pick.

LAJet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. MeanGreenMachine88

I’m not entirely convinced the giants aren’t taking Rosen. In fact I’d be surprised if they didn’t

stinkyB and Kris 15 like this.
  5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Have no fear my friend. It will all be ok.

6. MeanGreenMachine88

I refuse to think the jets front office is so willfully stupid that they’re gonna pick mayfield over Rosen

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If it's holding you require, I'll get one of our O-linemen on it pronto.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You and me both.

Boomer da G.O.A.T likes this.
  9. MeanGreenMachine88

If darnold and Rosen go 1-2 and its more than an outside chance that happens who would hate Saquon Barkley third...cant say I’d be angry

10. MeanGreenMachine88

NY Post another mock with the Jets taking Baker over Rosen. These people better just be guessing

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Look, nobody knows what these players will be like coming to the NFL. It's all about "the system". If Bowles and Bates can draw up a system that you can plug in any QB and have some success, then you would be happy. Look at the system in NE, no matter what QB plays in that system, they become a star. Regardless of talent. Look at all those QBs they traded away. Only one that may be anything is Garoppolo.

But then again, this is the SOJ we're talking about. We will never know when the suffering will end. Always looking for the diamond in the rough, the savior. My expectations are very low with this team. I hope we draft the right QB, if not, it's back to SOJ.

Enjoy the draft my fellow Jets fans.

xxedge72x and boozer32 like this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If we take Mayfield over Rosen or Darnold. That shit better pan out, the disgust of knowing we have these options, just to watch us pick the wrong guy while another team flourishs with a QB we could have picked instead, it's unreal.

This might be the most exciting, yet, disgusting draft I've ever seen as a Jets fan.

If you aren't nervous as a fan, I just cant fathom It. I'll just go with that. Ha

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What a pathetic thread! LOL

FJF likes this.
  14. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

If Mac tries to pick any player at 3 besides a QB, he should be fired before the pick is even announced. You don't trade up into the top 3 by giving up 3 2nd round picks for any player besides a QB.

NCJetsfan and Leicester Jet like this.
  15. MeanGreenMachine88

IMO Allen and Baker that high is equally insane. I agree the jets traded up to get a QB but there’s only two guys worth the price they paid and they traded up to 3

FJF likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm not nervous because I expect them to get it wrong. When has Bowels and Macc gotten it right? I'm nervous about the next regime. The Jets couldn't even tank right. We needed that 2nd pick minimum but we got the 6th and had to waste valuable capital to move up 3 spots.

17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

We should all be nervous about any QB taken...they have a huge bust rate across the board

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are really worried about what the Patriots will look like in 5 years? Take a pill.

19. NCJetsfan

I disagree. IMO the only two with the high bust possibility are Allen and Darnold. I think Rosen and Mayfield are safe picks.

20. NCJetsfan

IMO you ought to be more worried about our passing on Mayfield and he becomes a star with another team, while the QB we took busts.

NYJetsO12 likes this.