Teddy must be week 1 sttarter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry..but this is ridiculous. LMAO "he is hurting the Team." ....going all in on SD and having a year rental in TB just in case sounds good to me

If his knee is holding up ..Mac might as well wait for best offer

Personally I never thought Teddy would make it off cane status but his play shows a comeback of epic proportion

Your thinking has good intention but a bit impulsive

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Have you measured Teddys stock at the moment?? He breaths oxygen and played 2 preseason games..is this the floor or the ceiling for him.????

Give it time kid..there is 500 k at risk here..big whoop. With incentives he gets more but his value will go to Amazons level as Season progresses and other injuries mount..worth the risk imo

Ahahahahah

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Teddy looks to be healthy as of right now but unfortunately, his knee may never be the same. That injury was gruesome and who really knows how long it'll hold up. Or how many pounds of pressure it'll take before it shreads to pieces.

I love Teddy. But he's only here on a one year rental (at most).

I'm not saying to trade Teddy tomorrow (or even a month from now) but once the opportunity presents itself and a team makes Maccagnan an offer in which he can't refuse, it's a must that we receive as much value as possible in order to begin the process of building around our #3 overall draft pick in Sam Darnold.

(and receiving as many possible assets for Teddy Bridgewater would become an excellent start).

And if it's true that all of you love, admire and care about Teddy as a person? Well, then; you would never ask for him to start behind this Offensive Line to begin with, right?

As if he's supposed to be experimented with as some type of sacrificial lamb or guinea pig.

And why, all for what; in order to protect Sam Darnold, but at Teddy Bridgewater's expense? Nice to know.

"Fake Love" to wanna throw him behind this offensive line (after all he's been through).

Nonetheless Teddy Bridgewater already had his chance at the Pepsi's NFL Rookie of the Year award along with Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie Team honors back in 2014. And now it's Sam Darnold's chance and time to have the same opportunity as Bridgewater once did.

(Bridgewater doesn't make the Pro-Bowl during his 2nd season without the playing time and experience earned throughout his rookie campaign).

#243 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bottom line is both QB's are performing well, which is good to hear. But in a fair competition Darnold is beating out Bridgewater. Simple as that. It's remarkable that Bridgewater is even back on a football field in any capacity but he hasn't outperformed Sam yet in training camp. I'm just enjoying having 3 competent QB's on the field after Hackenberg and Petty

All signs point to Darnold being an extremely smart hard working and mature young man. Stop looking at him like some Sanchez/Geno rookie type. He's different.

VegasMav likes this.
  5. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I stopped right here. I agree with this post. I would also add that a tough decision needs to be made. TBridgeH2O is getting $5M for one year and McCown is getting $10M. I say cut your losses and keep the Three Amigos together and fix the OLine. Ole!

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Understood, but I do think having him on the roster does hinder the progression of Sam Darnold. As I stated, that's MY opinion.

You say his knee seems to be fine, but that would signal a large misunderstanding of how knee tears work. Once your knee ligament tears, it is never the same. You put a guy behind a shitty offensive line, like we have, and he's one hit away from another knee tear. Not to mention his tear was a non contact injury which displays he has weaker ligaments than an athlete should want.

Teddy is displaying great resolve right now and looks very good on the field. But we didn't sign Teddy to be our savior. We signed him in the likely chance that a draft pick at QB did not pan out. As I stated before, this is all based on Darnold becoming a franchise QB. If he displays those signs, what's the point of Teddy? To back him up in case he gets hurt or struggles? I'd rather take McCown and trade Teddy while we have him and while teams seem to be interested.

And please don't give me the Eagles response. I understand they just won the super bowl with a backup, but they also had a stacked roster, somehting we do not have at the moment.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

#1 It is not clear that Teddy has “won” the competition that statement is backtracking on your first comment.

Second, there are ways to minimize the damage of our shitty online, play action first down, short quick hit throws, designed roll outs, draw plays and screens etc.
    If the game plan is going to be run it up the gut on first and second down and pass on third and long, then I agree with you that any QB probably will not get through with get banged up.

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Teddy would be 3-0

However

If we want to tank and get rid of Bowles and get a good pick, we made a wise choice..