Tebow voted the most over rated player in the league - player poll

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Barcs, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...qb-most-overrated-per-sports-illustrated-poll

This is no real surprise. The players are morons. They voted him in the top 100, and now vote him over rated. Talk about a flip flop. I don't understand how Mark Sanchez is on that list. Nobody rates him high at all. How can you say he's over rated? Tebow is obvious because it's all the media talks about.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

You can't be surprised to find Tebow overwhelmingly voted as the most overrated. Never seen a guy who has high school caliber passing skills get so much credit for doing so little. Sure, he sparked some interrest, but I watched the guy stink it up most of the time while his teammates bailed him out and kept him into the games, and then see him FINALLY capitalize on some freak of nature to win the game... only to mop up all the credit.

As for the top 100, I thought that was a joke last year. We have 32 rosters of 53 men, makes a total of 1696 players any given week. You mean to tell me he was better than all but 95 of them?

I get that people like the guy, and really really really want to see him succeed. But people are REALLY myopic when it comes to Tebow... Tebowmania has to be one of the weirdest phenominon I have witnessed in sports.

Makes for a good human interrest story though. Wouldn't that be something if he ever comes even close to living up to all that hype he got entering the league?

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

LOL no one gives credit to Tebow for anything except skip bayless. As soon as the games were over last year i, this was 99% of all analysis :

It was the defense
    it was the kicker
    it was flying unicorns
    it was devine intervention
    it was sky wizards (hhhmmm that gives me a good idea...)

anything was responsible for the win except tebow. it was the opposite and continues to be.

Of course the players are confusing OVER EXPOSURE with OVER RATED.

Please explain to me (and the same argument is for Sanchez), if Tebow is thought of in a negative fashion by 95% of all analyst how is he even "rated" to then be called "over" rated.

Its a vote for over exposure.

No one rates Tebow high, no one...so he can not be over rated.
    the same argument can be said about Sanchez to a lesser extent. The media never misses a chance to slam Sanchez etc. he is NOT rated high by anyone , so how can he be "over" rated.

Tebow is over exposed but no one rates him high either.

#3 CowboysFan, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

This doesn't surprise anyone.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Read my post above and feel to respond to it.

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Overrated, or over discussed?

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Surprise level - 0.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

No point in it. He the back up that gets way to much media attention. That why he was voted overrated.

9. Concerned_Citizen

It is indeed overexposure, but it is the huge following he gets that is driving that. If Tebow didn't have that huge following, the media woudln't be running with the Tim Tebow story.

...and that story is driven because an overwhelming number of people still think Tim Tebow is something special, and his shortcomings are someone elses fault. He doesn't have a team around him, or coaches are holding him back... (something other than lack of skillset in passing.)

There are too many people out there who TRULY think Tim Tebow single handedly saved the Broncos last year. He helped, but got far too much credit for what happened. That's just my opinion, but one that seems to be shared among many analysts, and a lot of front offices as well. (Or else he would have been signed until doomsday as someone's franchise QB right now, and team managment from most teams would have offered their first born to get him on their team.)

So it isn't just about the talking heads, a lot of fans are driving that hype as well.

Heard an interview with Willis McGahee last year on the Jim Rome show. That topic came up when McGahee was kind of elusive about Tebow, and he eventually said that a lot of the guys were just tired of answering questions about Tim Tebow. I'm wondering if that is what is going on in the Jets locker room too.

So yeah, I'd say that it is indeed overexposure, but doesn't that to some extent make him overrated? I mean, why all the exposure if he's spending most of the time on the bench an playing punt protector? Why is he the face of the Franchise? Heard announcers a couple weeks back on ESPN talking about the upcoming game against Houston. They said, "...The Houston Texans take on... TIM TEBOW and the New York Jets!!!!" First off, when did the Jets become "Tim Tebow's team," second, since when did a bench warmer, occasional wild cat player/punt protector become the face of the team?

Yep, I think 34% of the vote is being generous on being overrated. I'm more surprised it isn't higher.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I would bet if every NFL player voted it would be much higher.

11. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Concerned_Citizen, haters/critics are equally responsible for driving the Tebow hype. They can't stop talking about him and are probably more obsess with him than his fans are. They drive the discussions on message boards, click on articles about him and leave comments, etc.

Let me ask you this. Why did you come here to comment exclusively about a player you don't like?

12. Concerned_Citizen

So now it's MY fault and people like me being the reason he's overrated... just for talking about him?

Interresting...

I take it you don't believe he is overrated?

Or are you admitting that he is overrated but don't like critics talking about it?

#12 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 25, 2012
  13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

This is what u Tebow fans don't get. As a life long Jets fan I read everything about the Jets. It does get a little on ur nerves when 90% of the shit u see is about a back up. If Sanchez can't make as our QB and Tebow does and turn out to be a great one that brings us a ring. There not 1 jets fan that will be mad about it, but RIGHT NOW he not our starter so most of us back Sanchez. This team is built to win now and throwing a QB in there that needs a lot of work will kill that.

14. bobaru

bobaru Banned

Surprise level = 10! I fully expected that you were the pussy-ass, young punk sittin' in Jefferson County cell in Golden. You and your 'concerned' alter-ego.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

He well never answer this question. I have asked him directly several times with no response. He gave us a ridiculous explanation about him being concerned for the Jets' fan base, but by reading his posts, one can easily see a deep seeded contempt for Tebow.

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

So everyone says sanchez sucks, but he's also overrated too!

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think more overhyped than overrated. ESPN gassed him up to get views. If it wasn't for mass media the only people who we overhyping him would be the Jacksonville natives.

18. Concerned_Citizen

I got nothing against Tebow. He's a wonderful human being. I'd buy the guy a beer .... if he ever drank one.

His fanatical radical followers that take ANY criticism of his game as a personal insult leave a bit to be desired though. Those guys worry me, so I am doing my civic duty to try to steer more reasonable football fans clear of becoming a blind zombie devoted to a high school level passer.

Seriously, people honestly criticize coaches for getting in the way of Tebow, and actually think the sandlot football style he's good at would actually work in the NFL. 54% of the time, he throws dirt missiles, hits an old man knocking his beer out of his hand, or smacks a cheerleader on the sidelines. His zealots come out and blame the reciever for not being 10 feet tall, the coaches for not having him run, or the GM for not having the team loaded with the best WR talent in the game. Then they blame EVERYONE but when he falls short.

There's more people thinking like this than what I believe is healthy.

That hardly equates utter contempt for Tebow himself.

#18 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 25, 2012
  19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Let be real here Tebow fans

This message board proves why he so overrated. How many back up have there own section on a message board? Hell how many starters have there own? It people like Skip Bayless and the Tebow nuts is the reason he is the most overrated player list by a landslide. Try and look at it from a player point of view. How would u like it at ur job that ur the reason the company is making a lot of money but all the attention goes to a guy who done very little? I don't think many if not none of u would like that. How would u feel if you just won a game for your team and when u get into the locker room all they want to do is ask u about a guy that barely plays? I'm not saying this is Tebow fault but Tebow is going to get the backlish from it. I've said this before and ill say it again Tebow has a lot less chance to get a starting job because of all the BS that comes with him. Most GM and coaches do not want to put there team in front of a lot of media coverage on the hopes he turns out to be a good QB.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Never under estimate the power of unicorns and sky wizards....never

[​IMG]

[​IMG]