Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Because we don't need the start Tebow circus every time Sanchez has a bad game. Denver couldn't get rid of the side show without bringing in a HOF QB.

2. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

OP
    Seriously WTF is this??

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How about the Jets trade for him as a tailback? Tell him he can bring the good book to Broadway and take 200 carries for us in the process?

Seriously, the guy is absolutely not an NFL QB but he's clearly a winner and he's big and fast and he'd light a fire under Sanchez that'd either propel our QB to new heights or burn him up.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know...if it was with the understanding that he is going to be a "Brad Smith" type of player I would do it. And...you wouldn't have to Trade crap for him. Denver either holds on to him or outright releases him. That's the end of it.

To be quite honest I can think of a number of teams who could use him and use him well.

I wouldn't mind him in NY...not sure the media circus would be worth it though.

5. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

definitely not. Not after what happened last season. We are coming into next season under the radar after a crappy year. The Jets play their best football when they are underdogs.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The 49ers will be in a tough spot next year, since they didn't get Manning and lost Smith. Watch the Niners sign Henne.

7. dmarz45

haha Henne is already signed to the Jags bro... Looks like the Niners are going to have to draft a QB. They can still resign Alex Smith also

8. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Smith will be back in SF IMO. That means Miami and Cleveland are probably the only two teams who might want him as their QB. I bet Jacksonville is wishing they could take a mulligan on that Henne signing right about now.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have this feeling the Alex Smith boat has sailed on them. They were always kind of lukewarm on bringing him back, which is why he wasn't signed before free agency hit. I'm guessing he's lukewarm on coming back now.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only hang-up here is that he is signed to a QB contact and would have to agree to a pay cut. Do you want the Jets to pay him QB money to play fullback?

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

John Elway used Peyton Manning to 'escape' Tebow-mania. Maybe Tanny can use Tebow to escape 'The Sanchize'? A large percentage here on TGG were pissed when Mark got extended...wanted him GONE.

Well.......

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Not quite true. Tebow is being paid the salary of the 25th overall pick. Even though I haven't checked the numbers, I bet he isn't making a penny more than the 23rd overall pick a couple years ago.

His salary would be doable. Its the other shit that would in no way shape or form be worth it in any way.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Elway upgraded. We would be downgrading while committing to Tebow for a lot longer than we just re-upped with Mark for.

this idea is horrible.

on top of it, then we have to turn around and Trade Sanchez, in a market where everybody but Miami just added a QB to their roster, so they wouldnt deal for sanchez.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Alex Smith would have to be an absolute idiot not to return to the 49ers. that team is a QB dream right now and he will kill his career thinking he can be a difference maker on a team with less talent than he had in his favor last year and will have this year.

swallow your pride, understand that you aren't Peyton Manning and if they went after him it was justified, and get your money and maybe Super Bowl ring.

there are many great players in sports who were a product of their team. that isn't a knock on them, every player should be so lucky to be on a team that can make them great. Alex Smith should thank his luck stars he has the opportunity to be part of a team that seems like it can improve how his career is viewed when it is over.

15. reverseapachemaster

I would begrudgingly accept him as a RB but he would be a waste at QB or even as a back up QB.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

How about... How about the Jets... How about every pro-Trade for Tebow'er realizes

Tailback, Fullback, Tight End, Defensive End... Wherever you put Tebow so long as he has the name Tebow your fans and the national media will pester your team with demands that Tebow be "given the opportunity to start at Quarterback".

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I would pay to see a true competition between Sanchez and Tebow in camp.

I will laugh so hard when Tebow wins the job.

Way to go Tanny, you had a chance to get the best qb ever and fucked it up. Now there are over 115 posts about getting the only guy who was possibly worse than Sanchez as a starter last year.

Fire Tanny.

18. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

he could replace the terminator b/c he hasn't done jackshit yet. Tebow is an excellent h-back at 6'1" 235 lbs, fast, ellusive, and great pass catching ability. He would be a big upgrade over the terminator if he accepted that role. Then occasional wildcat role too...

19. dmarz45

If Tebow came here he would absolutely ruin everything and make our locker room even worse possibly. Even if he came as a "H-back" (whatever the fuck that is) we all know the same thing would happen here as in Denver. This is a definite pass.

#119 dmarz45, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Fixed it for you.