Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Interesting info. I personally don't put too much faith in "sources" and speculation from ESPN considering their agenda to stir the pot, but some of those those actually sound like somewhat valid reasons.

But if Tebow went to Jacksonville he wouldn't have been under any serious pressure to make the playoffs immediately. He likely would have gotten a lot of rope to work with, even if it meant, playing with Mularky now who would eventually be replaced if he didn't come on board. He would have been treated somewhat as a rookie over there.

It still makes little sense for Tebow not to publicly endorse his current team, at the expense of hurting the feelings of some other team, even if it was his home town.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No actually I'd argue that's the very definition of it right there...along with following topics you have clear disdain for all day long and continuing to display that attitude.

Most of your comments are stealth personal attacks, to the general Tebow fan base of course, but considering there's only a small portion of them here, it's attacks geared towards those that post here.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You need to read the definition of "troll" that TGG uses (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TrollDefinition). You have your own interpretations of forum rules merely based on your own opinion.

Generalized attacks are second-nature among football fans. There's a difference between me saying "______ is a fucking idiot" and "all tebow supporters are fucking idiots" (which I never said). The latter is what I would expect from any real Jets fan.

You're assuming that pre-Tebow (you weren't here though) I went around only spouting negative criticisms of everything I didn't like.

Great example of a logical fallacy.

#4403 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Pssssst.... Tebow sucks.

:up:

5. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

I thought their commentary was interesting, as well.

And, just in case I was unclear, while they did say that Tim doesn't want to burn any bridges as it pertains to his hometown of Jacksonville and those fans, they noted that his larger reasoning for not speaking publicly and in more detailed fashion on all that factored in to selecting the Jets i.e., the o-line, certain skill players, the defense, the coaches... comes from not wanting to rock the boat, and not wanting to create tension with Mark or anyone on the team, in regards to the "starting position."

He's apparently, if they're accurate, trying to avoid discussing his reasons for selecting the Jets reading like a guy who was looking at the situation from the vantage point of a guy who, not only picked his team, but also picked the team, because his goal is coming in to unseat the current starter and becoming the starting QB. That, per this ESPN Insider, is why he's treading carefully in what he says, as to avoid any potential conflicts, and to avoid seeming like he wants to pose a threat. He allegedly just wants to fly under the radar, well, as much as he can given the circumstances.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

First his own press conference now a sub forum! This is actually a real smart decision by the mods and admin.

7. Professor Frink

8. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

Tim will always be trying to unseat the incumbent starter and he will be relentless. Mark controls his own destiny though and could make the 2 headed QB work if he holds up his end.

9. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Sanchez and Tebow fan here. So glad the mods made the move. It's five months until the regular season. No doubt the child like bickering about the QB situation will continue ad nauseum for all five months. Very smart to corral this ongoing yack.