Teams Interested In Richardson?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 25, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Shouldnt
    Again, what's the rush to trade Richardson? He's clearly worth more than a fucking 4th rd draft pick. Keep him and let him raise his value next season. It's not like we can't afford his 8 million contract. I expect Richardson to have a monster season in a contract year. Let's see how things shake out along the d-line next season. Selling Richardson low right now would make Mac look weak and desperate.

HomeoftheJets, Skicats and BomberJet like this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so you want to raise his value during his CONTRACT year? ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Otherwise keep him. Obviously nobody is giving him a huge payday yet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Ben Rothlesberger is a flawed person with 2 rape assults to his name. Many players have had that switched turned on and became solid citizens.

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

No actually I wish we kept Snacks and jettisoned Mo.

6. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I don't think we have that much value in Richardson. He is in his contract year, a team is not going to want to trade for him unless they are
    A. Going for it all this year
    B. Have assurance that he will sign long term.

I'd be happy to get a 4th or 5th.

Pags2112 likes this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the supposed offer was for a 4th round this year AND a conditional pick next year. If he plays well that conditional pick could end up being higher. If not, two 4th rounders is not a bad deal, I'd take it and run. The last thing I'd want is for Richardson to end up in the media or violate the substance policy again .. two things he very well could do, leaving us with crap. He also isn't the most positive vibe in the locker room.

8. Beki

Beki Active Member

I still cannot imagine how some of our fans can believe that Sheldon is worth of 1st or 2nd round pick.
    One stupid thing from him and he can be prohibited for a year and his performance is not equal with his current salary (8M).

It's time for him to focus on his performance on the field then making videos with his phone. If not, let's trade him.
    Yeah, plus ones who saying let's see how things will go with him...if he is going to have a weak season -> will let him to hit the FA -> and no one will give him a starter money and we won't even get a comp pick after him.

Pags2112 likes this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Chances are, a talented player like SR usually boosts his play and stats on contract year, so if this does happen - and I see this playing out if he stays with the Jets - then it only sweetens the pot: losing him to FA and get a high comp pick, or even franchising him - either way it's better scenario than what they have at their disposal now.

jixxjr and Pags2112 like this.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

well, theres no chance we re-sign him and as far as the comp pick, we"re gonna have a lot of money next offseason which would likely result in a comp-pick-negating signing of our own

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

No one seems to be taking into account the $8 Million dollars he is due this year. We are pretty tight for cap space and need to free up more money. That $8 million just about covers our draft picks.
    If the reports are accurate and the offer is a 4th this year and a higher conditional pick next year, that means 3rd round or 2 ND based on contract extension and play. It's a no brainier.
    Playing him out of position serves no purpose, and playing him at his position means Mo or Williams are off the field.

BamaDoc, Peebag and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Macc should trade fat slob Wilkerson to the Browns for a conditional 7th round pick in 2020.

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Mehta is that you?

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

When was the last time this guy posted anything of value? Have the mods ever looked into this being a Pats or Fins or Bills troll account?

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Janice Wilkerson is that you?

16. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Getting a 4th and removing that 8 million in cap room that can be rolled over into next year is the move that should be made if there is nothing better floating out there. Absolutely no reason to keep him on the roster. He has barely produced the past couple of seasons. I am amazed at how much love Sheldon gets for his rookie season and never living up to those expectations ever again.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Give me a break. The only thing more bloated the Muhammad Wilkerson's contract is Muhammad Wilkerson.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'll give you one for the joke, even though neither part of it is true.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be during the draft & that's not what I meant.
    Scenario I was talking about is something like Richardson + Jets' 4th for your 2nd.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You could probably get more value for Wilkerson. Trade him instead??

One thing is for sure: If there isn't a trade and the wealth of Wilkerson,Richardson, Harrison and Williams, results in just losing Richardson and Harrison to FA without flipping any of them for other assets it will be a HUGE failure for Maccagnan. When you have that much talent on DL and nothing elsewhere you have to make a trade

a mistake that will be compounded by the fact that he gave Wilkerson a huge contract and Williams will want a huge contract soon. So he would've started out with 4 great lineman on rookie contracts and ended up with just 2 lineman with huge contracts and nothing else. That's managing the roster poorly. We'll see though, still time to make a trade