Teams Interested in Abe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Feb 19, 2006.

1. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Per ESPN:
    Several teams, including the Chargers, Redskins, Browns and Texans, are reportedly interested in Abraham. One possibility could be a deal with San Diego for quarterback Philip Rivers. New Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was Rivers' quarterback coach the last two seasons.

Sorry, I know these Abe threads are becoming redundant. Besides the possible deal with San Diego, I want to hear everyone's thoughts on what deals could be made with the other teams mentioned above:

Washington, Cleveland & Houston

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

ill trade abe for braylon and a 2nd right now.

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Rivers would be nice, but I can't see SD giving him up with Brees being hurt.

4. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

You would. The Browns would send you a Braylon Edwards jersey and, possibly, a bumper sticker.

5. I dont think the Rivers trade will happen. They are ready to make him the starting QB in SD and also they already have Merriman, Abe doesnt exactly fill a need there.

Of the teams listed, the Browns and Texans might be intriguing possibilities. But I'm not sure the Browns would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for Abe, which is what it would take.

The Texans however, could offer us Domanick Davis and a 2nd rounder. That might be a good deal to consider.

6. 1028

1028 Active Member

The important word is reportedly meaning its not just speculation. I doubt theyll get rid of Rivers, but Id like to see a trade with Washington. The prevailing rumor is Abe for a 2nd and 3rd this year, and a 1st next year. Thats a deal that Id jump on, but Id like to see Arrington included somewhere in that deal if possible. Since hes likely gonna be a cap casualty anyway, Id ask for Arrington instead of either the 2nd or 3rd pick, whatever they deem to be proper value.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:lol: i can dream cant i lol. i mean we can even sweeten the deal and add jmac how could u pass on that :breakdance:

8. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Abraham for Houston's 1st!!! What a great deal!!! I would be so surprised if that didn't happen!!! :lol:

9. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

thats the prevailing rumor? Never heard that anywhere. It's riduculous to believe Abraham has that kind of trade value

10. Yeah ifthe deal was w/ the Skins I think Aarington would be involved. His days in Washington are numbered, just as Abe's are here in NY. Abe plays a higher impact position so the trade might be Abe for Arrington and a 2nd rounder. I think I'd do that.

11. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Abe and 4th rounder to Washington for Arrington and Ramsey.

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

ill take lavar but ramsey sucks this is the 2nd HC who has gave up on him. why even waste our team

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

is there a point to wanting ramsey? i would rather have bollinger play any day of the week.

14. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

I'll trade Abe and a 3rd or 4th for a team's 1st and 4th. It's fair.

15. daking231

daking231 Member

I would do this deal but i doubt that the skins would.

16. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I posted this exact scenario a few wks. back. I'm not saying that it is likely but it was just a feeling I had going into the end of last season. I'm also not saying that Ramsey is the guy I wanted here to challange whoever will be our QB next year but he has exp. and a bit of upside. Plus the Skins, for some reason, like to do business with us.

17. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I like the sound of Abe for Houstons 1st next year

18. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Chargers: I doubt we can get Rivers out of them, especially with Brees' injury. Besides, they're well enough under the cap to actually still keep both QBs. If a deal gets done with them, it'll probably be for draft picks.

Redskins: I don't think they're in any position to take on Abe's contract. From what I read in another thread, they're in serious cap trouble and are likely to clean house. So, I'm not expecting anything there.

Texans: Their first overall is pretty much off-limits. They worked hard to lose all those games, and like hell they won't get their main man, Bush. Their 2nd rounder, however...

Browns: How's their cap situation like? Out of the 4 teams mentioned, I guess Cleveland is the team most in need of Abe's services. They own the 12th overall pick, but I doubt they'd fork it over. The whole league knows Abe wants out, and that the Jets are desperate to get rid of him. That kills his value abit.

19. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

20. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

News today on Sirius NFL radio is that Brees and the Chargers didn't agree on a contract... so chances that Rivers is available are slim to none.