Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

If we could close out games we'd be on a 6 game winning streak. Idk if it's more on the offense or defense but it's like we get too nervous in the second half when we have a lead

2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This team just doesn't know how to win yet. Talent wise they seem to be better than I or anyone else gave them credit for (or is it that the rest of the league is so mediocre??).

These losses hurt as a fan but the short term pain will hopefully be outweighed by a shot at a decent QB in the draft or possibly Saquon Barkley.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Void of a pass rush is clearly a major vulnerability.

I’m thinking it may be more pressing to get a pass rusher than one of these bad college QBs with the first pick.

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're right. The Jets would only ruin their potential by mothballing them on the bench while they play really old QB's hoping for a career year out of them. I pity any young College QB that is unlucky enough to be drafted by the Jets. They would be better off staying in school.

NCJetsfan, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  5. sackexchange

As much as I can't stand the thought of yet another first round DL pick, I have to admit that our pass rush is hot garbage.

6. Cman68

I think the problem is systemic, not personnel. Kacy Rodgers has never impressed me as a DC. Neither has Todd for that matter.

7. sackexchange

I totally agree. I was thinking that as I watched the game today. Seems to be no creativity with the defensive looks the Kets show. Almost makes me miss Rex. Almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Cman68

Its not like the Jets have a bunch of slugs on the DLine. They always seem a step slow, out of position at critical times or just plain old gassed. Teams vary their offense to take advantage but Kacy kinda just keeps it simple and on a straight line. No trickery, no imagination, just vanilla.

blackssmagic and sackexchange like this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Depending on where the Colts draft, make a strong offer for Luck.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I was wondering same thing. If colts finish top 3, would they trade away the pick or trade away luck?

If they could pull two firsts and another pick they might trade luck instead.

I'd trade 2 1sts and a 2nd for luck. He should be able to play 10 years at a very high level.

I'd also be on board with signing Cousins or Garapapalo and then drafting saquon or trading back. Jets are only 1 win away from the 4th pick. So if they continue to lose they'll likey get top 5.

#110 Mario, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Those QB's coming out aren't looking so good these days. But hey the tank is in full effect but come draft day what will be out mentality with Macc doing the drafting and maybe another year of the Bowels Flush? No confidence in Macc anymore so with all those QB options he might blow it royally.

12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The jets have the hardest schedule going forward and I think its very possible they have a blow out game where they don't show up because of how they've been losing. We don't have the talent to overcome mistakes or missed scoring opportunities. Ultimately, bad teams find ways to lose and I think we are a bad team. We play hard, we have a nice core, but we have a ways to go and I think if we do end up winning 1 more game all season, a lot of heads are going to roll. I'm not counting out the possibility that CJ may clean house.

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Lol can you imagine this board if we draft D line first round??? Now I kinda wanna see that happen

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Just read an article about how Andrew Luck is not ready to come back and that at the earliest he may come back in December. If that's the case it wouldn't shock me if Colts opt to keep him out the entire season so as to let him heal and to accumulate a higher draft position. It's an interesting scenario because Colts have to be somewhat worried about Luck's health but at the same time he's also young, has taken them to afc championship games by himself essentially. Would they trade him? I guess it depends on the severity of the injury but I would move up if Rosen is still there.

Chris Mortensen just reported that "Luck is seeking other opinions because shoulder is "not progressing as expected"

#114 grkmanga31, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Only position picked in the first round that will elicit holy hell on here more than DL would be S...

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, if the rumors are true, the Colts DID tank once before to get the pick they took Luck with, so they have "experience" with that approach. But I don't think they'll actually tank. I DO think they might hold Luck out and if they do get a chance to draft a potential FQB, they'll take him as insurance in case Luck is actually finished. I don't see them trading the pick given the uncertainty with Luck's health. If we're going to have a chance at Rosen - or whomever Macc decides is the best QB - we're going to have to "earn it" ourselves.

Will-I-Am-Not and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The interesting thing is the Colts have literally gone through this scenario before. So we know their thought process.

If I’m the Colts management team and Luck's injury is chronic or not progressing, I’m drafting Rosen and trading Luck for a boatload of picks.

Even if he can play next season, are you putting him behind a shotty o-line so he can reinjure the same thing?

If I’m the Jets, I offer whatever it takes to get him.

Edit: I know this is Madden-like but it would be cool to see happen. Also, even if Colts were to trade Luck, I doubt they would deal with an AFC rival.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jets still lack athletes down on the line. Donahue may have helped but still, there's no quick twitch DLIne on the roster. Mo Wilk is the closest, Big Cat is solid but they both don't have that speed and bend to be dominant pass rush types.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Those kicks were difficult, low percentage kicks. Bowles should have went for the first one.