Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Does anyone on the team even know how to coach a QB? Take Goff as an example, he was crap with bad coaching, good with good coaching. So drafting a talented guy in and of itself will do nothing, the guy needs to be well coached to succeed. Bowles sure as hell won't be of any help in that regard.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You know you're following a crappy team when they can't even tank right.

Cman68, NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Listen,

This team just needs to employ the same formula that made Dallas and Oakland a lot better..a FQB and an OL

The only person who thinks we can win games with just 2 Safties and a Journeyman QB is Toilet Bowles

How we get those 2 pieces in place will be up to Macagnan and how the Season plays out but if we don't rev up the Offense quickly we won't be competitive in this League

Personally I think the tank is happening like a ball of yarn unraveling...lots of nice plays and effort but can't stop it

Sometimes when you don't get what you want (a winning season) it's a real stroke of luck

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt but I'd bet money the jets will

boozer32 likes this.
  5. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Come draft, anything but a qb or barkley is unacceptable. Jets will draft the bpa who will be a "pass rusher" even though he is almost 300 pounds. Everyone will get suckered in to liking the pick from highlights since they don't show the lazy plays. He will be such a locker room cancer that it cancels out the positivity of Jamal Adams leading to a downward spiral like the which we have never seen. This will lead to Todd being fired. The jets will bring in a first time coach Former defensive coordinator who will have a good year but not great leading us to pick around 15th in 2020. We will take a corner who actually will be a superstar but hold out for more money. We pay him then he gets hurt and we trade him for a first round pick then use our next 2 first round picks in the same year for a Dt and injury prone corner while at qb we use the shriveled remains of Elijah manning while the Giants win a super bowl with Rosen. The jets then decide to actually tank butt fumble the tank and pick 6th taking the bpa again. Eventually random fans petition to get woody to sell until we get a qb leading in 2021 for woody to sell the team to the 45th president of the United States bringing his decades long plan of owning a team to full circle where then we finally get our franchise qb, Colin kapernick

6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

the Jets will wind up with 5-6 wins and be competetive in each game. Unfortunately we will probably choose the wrong QB if we get a shot at one.

I would honestly like them to take Lamar Jackson. depending where he grades out, maybe we get a steal. I don't think he's a prototypical QB (noone does) but he would be exciting to watch

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

At say 5 wins Jets are gonna have to either strongly consider trading up for Rosen or Darnold if he does come out or sit back and be in position for Lamar Jackson.

I’d be ok with either of these options as long as at the end of the day one of these 3 are QBing the Jets next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Lamar Jackson may not be too bad of a consolation prize!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

THIS is why I am fervently anti-tank, and always have been. Because Jets.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Although I agree I don't see the Jets and this current regime taking a RB that high..the philosophy seems to be a running back by committee one not keeping one on the field for 3 downs...this league is so bad and mediocre right now i don't think getting the third pick is out of the question.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why do we need barkley? Bilal Powell is a very fine running back. Running back is probably the only position we have real talent on. If we are near the top, barkley still on the board and the QBs are gone, you hold Barkley over their noses as trade bait

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think he's durable enough to be a 3 down back in this league. Barkley might be better then Elliot and Fournette coming out. Though, I would like to shore up this line first. Jets need a C and still need to upgrade the tackles specifically the LT.

Imagine getting Barkley with a top pick, then trading back into the first and grabbing Jackson?

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think we will win 5 games putting us at pick 5-8. I can see the Jets staying there and grabbing Jackson or Mayfield. Will be interesting to see how the next two weeks play out. That will decide how much longer McNown plays and if we win over 5 games and get closer to the tenth pick.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna lie, I'm having a hard time with this one. I did my best not to let that game ruin the rest of my day yesterday. This is the type of loss that is good for me as a human because I stop investing too much time and emotion in this team. When the Jets are hot and exciting I spend too much time reading about them , following the rest of the league closely. After yesterday, I don't want to even talk or hear about football. Ill be at the game next week but until then I can focus on real life rather than this truly cursed franchise that lets you down everytime you have even a sliver of hope. Yesterday was so typical, crushed any of the magic that they had built up from the start of the season and showed me again why they are really hopeless to root for. That game was too much for me. This team never fails to disappoint.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

The general consensus (among draft-folk, at least) seems to be that Jackson isn't even a top-5 QB in this draft class. Fantastic legs and running ability, but can't win with his arm. Athleticism and running ability are absolutely assets to a QB - ask Rodgers, Watson so far, Mariota, Luck, etc. But you need to be able to beat people from the pocket in the NFL, and Jackson hasn't shown he can.

I love Barkley as a talent but I'm scared of picking an RB that high, just because the record has shown you can get really good performances out of RBs in the later rounds. From a long-term needs perspective, I'd rather inject a shot of youth and talent into our offensive line. That said, if our front office isn't in love with any of the tackle prospects, he's probably the biggest value-add on sheer BPA; especially if they see some guys around the top of the 2nd who could be available to shore up OL there. We do know he's a high-character dude, which is something Mac has seemingly prized in his first-rounders, and he'd certainly make our skill position talent as a whole a lot scarier.

I think Mac is likely going to try and trade up with SF for a QB, though.

16. NYJetsO12

Plus 10000 to trade up for a blue chip QB or Jackson

TBH please tell me where those 5 wins are coming from??

17. NYJetsO12

If you are on the tank train then the losing is winning..cheer up

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

Grab Jackson Rosen or somebody really good then Saquan..please you are putting the horse before the cart

19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bilal, even though I like him a lot, gets injured way too much to be depended on as a #1 running back. He is a great compliment to a game breaking RB like Barkley but I think he's gone before Jets can pick him.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Perhaps you should read up on where these players are projected to get drafted.

FJF likes this.