Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well it looks like the giants will be picking the QB ahead of us next year. jets cant even tank according to plan. unreal.

David-The-Meats-Harris and Jetzz like this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I love this thread.

[​IMG]

Jets69, Jetzz and Martin&theJETS like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Honestly unless the next 6 teams have devastating injuries I can't see us winning.

3 games at home 3 away

Figure the away games are sure losses

Then we have Carolina KC and the LA Chargers at home ..good luck with that!

4-12 and we grab a top pick

Tons of $ in salary cap so we pick up some mint free agents as well

Easy Peasy..and Bowles maybe gone too

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The only game I see they might have a shot is the Chargers game but you make a good point. 5-11 or 6-10 at best if they pull off an upset

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Bridgewater never impressed me during his Vikings tenure. I could understand a flyer on him more so than Bradford or Smith. Yes, Smith would be the best QB here in a long time in terms of not turning the ball over, but I believe he's more of a product of KC's offense than anything else. We don't have the players to run anything close to what KC runs and if you go back to Smith's SF days, those were less than impressive. Yeah, he would be an upgrade, but just how much I'm not so sure. We certainly wouldn't win a championship with him, barring the defense being lights up for 20 weeks, having an elite rushing attack and a lot of lady luck, ala the 2010 Jets.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To be clear, I agree regarding Smith. Bridgewater would be the only QB from that list that I'd want the Jets to sign, but I don't think the Vikings will part with him. I don't want any more older or JAG QBs brought in. I want our own homegrown QB even if he has to struggle for a year or two.

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Same here.

Or Cousins.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

bad news is that giants pick ahead of us, frisco does not need qb, and the bills have the ammo to trade up to either the browns or sf pick. so as many as 3 qb needy teams will get to pick the top 3 available qbs before the jets get to pick. i would not be at all surprised if 4 teams with better picks trade down ahead of the jets. we have historically had that kind of luck. and, when we did a trade up, we ended up with a usc qb ( sanchez). name me the last usc qb, outside of tom flores in the 70s, that ever won a sb in the nfl!

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dude we’re getting the best 3-4 defensive end in the draft. Let’s face it.

10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

TB wins, Hou wins, Chargers rolling, Den or Cinn will win. Good week for Jets to move up in draft status.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Mac using our first on that kicker from Ball State. He's made two scouting trips to their home games. SMH at all of the hand-wringing from Jets fans obsessing over a draft that's six months away.

rinvesto and FJF like this.
  12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

With so many teams in the race for the bottom it will likely come down to tie breakers for draft order. Currently the Jets are picking 12th due to strength of schedule, with their remaining schedule I don't see the SOS going down much. Of course with the tougher SOS going forward means they are probably losing more than most of the other teams that are 4-6 right now.

The only 2 games I give them a chance in are Denver and Chargers but Denver is a road game and Chargers might be making a late season push, depends which offense shows up for them.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Miami & Buffalo are doing everything in their power to help weaken our SOS. The other bright spot is most of the 4-6 teams that currently have a weaker SOS, LAC, Cincy, OAK, AZ, HOU, should be expected to win at least another game or two.Assuming we don't win more than 1 more game, we should wind up in the top 10. If we lose out, best case is probably about 7th.

14. NCJetsfan

I know you're at least half joking about the kicker, but has Mac really made two scouting trips to see Ball St. play? If so, how did you know that?

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is Elliott the transformative player now ?

:p

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they lose out it could put them around #4 or 5, Broncos loss means they are ahead of them, Bears have 9ers, Bengals and Browns, Colts have Bills, Broncos and Texans, Miami plays Bills twice and Broncos, Charger would be a loss putting them further back. Maybe Gianst get on a roll and really help out.

rinvesto likes this.
  17. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Head to Head isn't a tie-breaker for draft position. Even if Denver beats us, and we're both at 4 wins, they choose higher due to a weaker strength of schedule. To get to #4 or #5, you're basically saying that we need to pass all teams currently sitting at 3 or 4 wins. Odds are things won't break that right, especially given that we currently 8th out of 12 on SOS tiebreakers among 3 and 4 win teams.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well the Giants finally won, so that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully that gets them on a role.

grkmanga31 and Jets69 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I know, and I think it's utterly stupid to have removed head-to-head as a consideration for tie-breakers. It should take precedence over strength of schedule imo.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Six weeks from now this whole discussion won't amount to a hill of beans why ? because the Giants for example have some hope and start winning along with the other barrel dwellers who gain some victories

Our job is clear: Tank on suck for Sam losen for Rosen....plus our next six games are brutal

looking in a crystal ball can get Jet fans depressed predicting worse results from other teams