Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. In the end neither your opinion nor mine matter that much. It's the opinion of NFL FO's that count. They said the same thing about last years crop, and they all went high in the draft. By the way, I watch a lot of NCAA football and can easily see why some NFL team, needy for QB, could draft any one of the following: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Falk, Mayfield, Rudolph, etc. in round 1.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Its back, the Jets are nothing more than fools gold

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's too late for a tank, the Bills game (and the hideous Browns/Niners) saw to that. Just lose the games and get Terrible Todd and McSuck out of here.

Doreblade, Jets69 and 94Abraham like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

Jets69 likes this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Woody just announced he is moving the team to No Man's Land. As they are likely to end there anyway by the end of the season.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  6. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

All my giants fan friends have been non stop texting me and making fun of me that they will get the guy the Jets wanted and be right back with a fresh new franchise qb for the next 15 years. So... yeah fuck you jets for ruining what could have been a beautiful thing...

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Sorry to sound like Chimp but 49 years of nothing, developing a 38 yr old has been at QB, coach is brain dead :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Losses like these is why I don't think the Jets will ever be serious contenders with Bowles as coach

9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Giants are 1 and 9. I wouldn't let that bother you, considering their isn't a single must have qb in the draft. There seem to be several good prospects.

Jets will likely lose the next two games to drop to 4 and 8. Saints and Patriots should also be loses. It will come down to games in denver and vs chargers. 4 and 12 is probably a top 5 pick, where as 6 and 10 is in the low teens.

10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

This could be a week where teams catch the Jets in wins.. TB could beat Miami, Houston could beat Arizona, Chargers (with Rivers) could beat Buffalo, either Den or Cinn will have 4 wins.

As for the Jets the Denver game is in Denver, the only road game they've won this year was a close game against Clev so I'd put that game in the Loss column for Jets.

The Chargers game will be interesting, their run D is last in yds / game but they are tied for 2nd in sacks and upper 1/3 for points/game. With the Jets O line they could get pressure all day and force mistakes from McClown. Like the Jets they only have 1 loss by double digits. It's a game where both teams will be playing out the string so whoever wants it more and wants to put good games on film at the end of the year will win this one.

The game that could wind up ruining the Jets draft spot is the Pats game. Other than Oak and Pitt their remaining games are all division games. If they beat Pitt they have head to head tie breaker (they lose out to KC due to week 1 loss) and right now they have fewer conf losses than either Tenn or Jax. If they clinch a bye before week 17 game against Jets they may rest starters.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This Saturday 8:00 PM on ABC its USC vs UCLA. Two of the top QB prospects with USC's Sam Darnold and UCLA's Josh Rosen are playing so this is a game Jets fans may want to watch assuming the Jets will be in a position to draft one of them.

NYJetsO12 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. grkmanga31

We won't be in a position to draft either quite honestly. Browns and Giants will likely go winless the rest of the way. Unless Jets are going to trade up, we may have a shot at Mayfield or Jackson

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

which also may be good options. Look at Watson, he was heavily scrutinized leading up to the draft about throwing too many picks, his accuracy wasn't good enough, blah blah blah

Comes into the NFL and kills it

Mayfield or Jackson may be a similar situation, or maybe they bust.

Point is, you NEED a QB in this league and if we have an opportunity to draft a stud QB you take it. No one's gonna be mad at taking a chance on a prospect that high if his game tape warrants it.

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. grkmanga31

A lot of shaky Qb prospects can look great when they're paired with great offensive minded coaches who can place them in a offensive system designed for the QB, surround the QB with talent, etc.

Watson - O'Brien, Wentz - Pederson, Goff - McVay, etc. Young QB's have to transition to a much faster game in the NFL and giving that QB a coach who makes the system about the QB, is the kind of coach the Jets need.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

At this point rooting for a tank is pointless. They are not going to finish with a Top 3 pick which means the dream of Darnold and Rosen is gone.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Jared Goff.
    Carson Wentz.
    DeShaun Watson.
    Patrick Mahomes.

All were traded up for.

If we finish between 4-6 W's, we'll be in the 8-12 range. There are probably 4-5 QB's who can go in the 1st round this year. I doubt very much they all go before we pick.

Also, Kirk Cousins will be very available.

We'll be okay. The only way we aren't is if we do the same stupid crap as always and bring in an Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, etc.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I thought we were suppose to tank the whole season, not the Giants! Maybe we will trade for Eli or Luck?

18. People thought Aaron Rodgers,Drew Brees ,Ben Roetglisberger ,Joe Flacco & Jared Goff were not first round picks before their drafts.

I think QB evaluations is a totally different animal where if you take too much stock in the production & game play is taken at face value you’re gonna conclude in most years that there’s no QB worthy of a 1st round selection. And yet despite this nearly every year multiple QBs go round 1 often top half & to some extent become viable first stringers and if you’re lucky enough a franchise game changer.

Every Quarterback has a different set of tools to work w.No two are the same.Physical/Mental/Intangible.Its about piecing together the right skill set w the right scheme & situation.Its very much a projection & good coaches know how to work to a QBs strengths & minimize the deficiencies.

The QB position is very much inflated on draftday in recent history..additionally these 6-7 guys are likely first rounders in most draft years despite what folks think about their long term projections.Its a copy Cat league & anything is possible but I’d be SHOCKED if at least 5 QBs don’t go round 1 & by that time no expert or fan will think twice about it

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't want him, but Alex Smith would be the best QB we've had in a long time. Teddy Bridgewater doesn't belong on that list. He's still young and was playing well when hurt. If his injury doesn't hold him back, he could still become a very good QB.